W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or has the "Bing" option disappeared from the Start Screen settings? I've been using Dynamic Theme for a long time, so might not have noticed when this disappeared....

EDIT: I'm talking trash - it's the Lock screen that you get all the groovy options for, the start screen background is the boring one with next to no options.

Last edited:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
The quick action bug is annoying. I only have two rows, but for some reason it swaps them upside down. But when you go into settings and switch your actions upside down, the action center completely randomizes it. Leaves some in their old (upside down) spots, puts others wherever it wants.

Yes, the positions of quick action rows in the action centre appear flipped w.r.t. Settings app. But I have not seen any randomness as you have stated. The buttons appear where I want them to be albeit in reversed position.

Btw, more apps are getting the glitch-affected loading circle (dots). Store app is the latest to join the league. Not a very big issue but certainly is annoying. When checking for updates, the circle spins only once giving an impression that the process has crashed leaving the 'check for updates' button greyed out, but it's not so. Also many apps' (all party) tiles still don't update unless they are resized/re-pinned. Guess it's OS issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone on an Icon able to send MMS? If I swap my SIM into an android or iPhone everything works great. If I leave my icon on prod builds I'm good. But this build and the last build I can't send MMS even after a hard reset. Get the try again error. I can receive MMS fine.

Any ideas? Is there a custom APN I need to set?

Yes, MMS uses reserved APN in Settings. Ask your carrier

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess Cortana function Send pic to my pc isn't fully implemented yet. SMS Everywhere is the most useful feature since good old Nokia Suite times

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This build appears to have fixed the start screen 'Resuming...' bug that has affected my Lumia 550 on all builds (production and fast). The start screen would randomly fail to load after unlocking the screen, with 'Resuming...' appearing indefinitely until the handset is restarted, or the start screen is changed in some way (e.g. unchecking 'Show More Tiles). This was happening at least 3 times a day on all previous builds, but it hasn't happened once in the 24 hours since installing the latest build.

The only issues I am facing are to do with the Store. The 'Check For Updates' button doesn't work at all, it responds as if it has been pressed, but it doesn't actually do anything. Also, the buttons for installing and manually updating apps keep turning into white blocks that don't function. The new store is such a mess.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Some of my most favourite apps, The Guardian and Daily Mail, are not working.

It was the same for me with The Guardian, Daily Mail and Windows Central. After un-installing all 3 and re-installing both Daily Mail and Windows Central are working, but The Guardian app still crashes after showing the splash screen.

The workaround for me was to add The Guardian to Flipboard and get the stories from there until the app/OS is fixed.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is related to MyTube or Redstone as I've never tried to upload a video before now. Basically I log in with my Google account details, try and select a video to upload from my phone, but as soon as I select a video, it crashes back to the start-screen every time.
This may be nothing to do with Redstone, but as it's something I've never attempted before on any build, I'm not sure where the problem lies at the moment. If anyone else has used MyTube to do this, it would be useful to know if it still works for you.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
After hard reset i have the latest version of store which cant update manually and doesnt show the kbps during download.
Also new outlook mail crashes my chronos calendar...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After hard reset i have the latest version of store which cant update manually and doesnt show the kbps during download.
Also new outlook mail crashes my chronos calendar...

That's not the latest version, that's only a blue button bug but it works and shows chronology after one minute. Last version corrected that, tap updates and wait (and set Auto updates in Wifi mode)

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
That's not the latest version, that's only a blue button bug but it works and shows chronology after one minute. Last version corrected that, tap updates and wait (and set Auto updates in Wifi mode)

I have 11604.1000.17.0 version
After hard reset it updates silently just before the final set up and shows the version i said

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My Main complaint, I cant seem to get Microsoft to FIX. On the Lumia 950.. Since the first day it came out, HAS NEVER allowed a custom TEXT tone to work, If you go into People App, edit one of your contacts, you can select a Sound for TEXT messages from this contact. IT HAS NEVER EVER WORKED ON A LUMIA 950. It always just plays default sound for messaging. MAYBE if others confirm this on their Lumia 950, they might fix this BUG. I have sent feedback after every single new software release, and Insider Release.
Thanks, Dave:cry:

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
L950XL DS. I enabled and trained the iris scanner for the first time in months, but now it cannot be removed. If I tap the Remove button nothing happens other than breaking iris. It appears that Remove is removing all training data, but doesn't actually turn off the iris scanner. It still turns on and looks for me (but never "sees" me since the training data is gone). Also the "require sign-in" time dropdown doesn't always populate, it shows blank most of the time. This appears to be a GUI issue since it does use my last setting even if it is blank

I have also had a small number of first-open app crashes. What I mean by this is I reboot the phone, then open Mail (which then crashes), but the second attempt to open Mail works fine. Ditto for Edge - The first time I open Edge it is fine but crashes the moment I access favorites. The second time I open Edge it works perfectly fine. There are a couple others I don't remember off hand. Speed is wonderful, best yet. I've not had a battery issue (except for MS Health on the last builds), but this build seems to be even better. This is the first time in months I've felt the RS builds are going forward instead of backwards

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
on my L930 store want check for downloads and updates, when I tap on it, nothing happens, lumia motion data still custom tone for doesnt works. When I made hard reset everything is same and now hey cortana doesnt works. please help and advice how to solve this problems.

for Davebwi
for text tone you must set default tone and then for some contacts put a custom and will work. if you set a custom tone for text messages then custom tone for some contacts will not work

davebwi

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
on my L930 store want check for downloads and updates, when I tap on it, nothing happens, lumia motion data still custom tone for doesnt works. When I made hard reset everything is same and now hey cortana doesnt works. please help and advice how to solve this problems.

for Davebwi
for text tone you must set default tone and then for some contacts put a custom and will work. if you set a custom tone for text messages then custom tone for some contacts will not work
I am confused, I have a default text notifications set, It works for all incoming texts, then I go into one of my contacts, edit, and add custom tone for text , different from default tone, save, even reboot phone, when text comes in from that contact, it plays the default text tone , not the one I set for that contact...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo