W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Paste and keyboard dictation are now broken on my 640xl.

I can seemingly copy text to the clipboard, but when I try to paste it into anything, the paste icon appears but tapping it does nothing.

Keyboard dictation does work but only in a completely silent environment. If there's even a little ambient noise, such as just about anywhere outdoors, it gets only the first letter then stalls.

Also, it may be my imagination but flow typing seems to be giving me more erratic results than usual. For example, in the previous sentence all attempts to type "erratic" resulted in "Eric" until I tapped it out. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from mTalk

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to get the voice recording function to work but cant. Now if I look in all apps I have "Voice Recorder" installed and "Windows Voice Recorder" pending. I cant find the "Voice Recorder" app in the store either.

No amount of soft resets has fixed this! Anyone any ideas?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
on my L930 store want check for downloads and updates, when I tap on it, nothing happens, lumia motion data still custom tone for doesnt works. When I made hard reset everything is same and now hey cortana doesnt works. please help and advice how to solve this problems.

for Davebwi
for text tone you must set default tone and then for some contacts put a custom and will work. if you set a custom tone for text messages then custom tone for some contacts will not work

That's the old blue button bug, it doesn't move but it works. Set auto updates in Store and background, so it could update itself to last version with the fix

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to get the voice recording function to work but cant. Now if I look in all apps I have "Voice Recorder" installed and "Windows Voice Recorder" pending. I cant find the "Voice Recorder" app in the store either.

No amount of soft resets has fixed this! Anyone any ideas?

Try going to: SETTINGS>SYSTEM>PHONE>Default apps>Choose apps>Calling>Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone call> "make sure it is set to: 'VOICE RECORDER' ".

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Try going to: SETTINGS>SYSTEM>PHONE>Default apps>Choose apps>Calling>Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone call> "make sure it is set to: 'VOICE RECORDER' ".

Thanks for reply but cant be done. I only have a toggle for Block and Filter in Calling and Messaging. Then Calling below have "none" and "Skype" greyed out.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for reply but cant be done. I only have a toggle for Block and Filter in Calling and Messaging. Then Calling below have "none" and "Skype" greyed out.

Geo, I had the same grayed out "none" yesterday, and still have the grayed out "Skype". I did a soft reset and that fixed it for me. I think you said you have tried soft resets, and your Voice Recorder (in ALL Apps) is pending. Sounds like your experiencing the issue of a couple builds back, whereas the apps were catching during the download. I believe that going to the store and downloading a new app from the Store> hitting PAUSE during the download> waiting 30 seconds > then hit RESUME "was" the work around, might try that; or Updating Store, or Uninstall/re-install Windows Voice Recorder. Good Luck.

Note: after I did the soft reset yesterday, I went to contacts and selected a phone number where I knew I would get an automated recording, and during the call I noticed that the record button had changed locations on the keypad. I pressed it and it started to record the call. I then check my Setting again, and the grayed out "none" had turned to "Voice Recorder".

ECM2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
At first no issues. But since yesterday, Store and Mail are broken. All of my desktops, my Surface 3 pro, and my Surface 3 are affected--but not my Lumia 950. Whenever, I go to the Store, I get this:

Win10 Store broken.png

I use Mail all the time. Should I wait for the next build or revert to an earlier build?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
At first no issues. But since yesterday, Store and Mail are broken. All of my desktops, my Surface 3 pro, and my Surface 3 are affected--but not my Lumia 950. Whenever, I go to the Store, I get this:

View attachment 127156

I use Mail all the time. Should I wait for the next build or revert to an earlier build?

No, seems a Fast Ring Store iussue, I got it on my notebook. Maybe they are updating it.

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
So far, so good! Groove works well, bluetooth conects and battery life is great. No complaints yet but this build like all others are beta so you have to take the good with the bad. Like one poster posted, I like and look forward to these frequent updates.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
These are issues , I am continuously facing in Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim

1. (Known ) - Not able to set mobile data and whatsapp keeps on loading whenever there is a restart . Solution : Soft lock once and then restart again
2. Never ever recognizes my Band 2 and syncing is not at all possible till now

Since last 2 builds,
3. Lockscreen dynamic updating is not happening with Awesome Lock

This build
4. Edge is edgy , downloads not properly functioning and crashes
5. Photos 'Set As' option is not like previous version.

i sent notes to Awesome Lock email about the same issues. not sure if its JUST W10M on this build (last 2) or Awesome Lock as a whole or the recent update of Outlook Mail and Calendar. The weather doesnt update and the calendar appointments are not staying updated as well so kind of leaning towards a W10M issue with this app for now.

I still have issues with several websites in EDGE and clicking on text input boxes and not getting the keyboard to come up. And with FB mobile website, even the click in the URL then click on the input box trick does not seem to work.

Dabdae

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone installed this build on Lumia 1520? How has the performance been on Lumia 1520?

Installed this from "release preview" 10586.338 after going back due to .1004 issues, performance is OK (not amazing).

**I know some of the following are known issues and I am aware of it since I am using a "beta" software and I am not complaining at all, i am just informing what i am facing.
Lumia 1520 RM-937

Some more details... there is less app hanging and battery improved a little, I am still having app crashing issues, some apps won't open until the third time or so, some apps will not work at all, "movies and tv" app has the upper part of the video blocked wihen you use the controls, the device is still really hot when using some applications, network can't be set to "3g-4g only" or any other specific setting, it keeps reseting by itself, some other apps are no longer available, the store is not working when pressing the "search for updates" button, it only shows clicked and released right away but it looks like it does not do anything, also I see white/blank buttons where the "download/start/rate" buttons are in the store, and the list goes on.

I have so far performed a soft reset, removed and reinstalled some applications, tried hard reset and I am still facing all the same issues but now I can't download voice or keyboard for my country and Cortana does not find the correct languaje and so on.

About sending an image to the PC, I have not tried that, does not seem useful to me but sending SMS using my PC and notifications (like application installed, SMS received, phone system notifications) from my phone to the PC seem work just fine.

I know this would eventually get fixed like the voice and keyboard downloads and so on but I am still thinking about going back to release preview.

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So far enjoying this build. Everything is snappy on my 950. One bug that I have encountered, and it was present on the last build too, is trying to view and download images via Cortana image search. I can view the image results, but when I click on a specific image to view and download/save, Cortana will crash. Does anyone have this issue?

I've had this same issue since about 3 builds backwards.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Geo, I had the same grayed out "none" yesterday, and still have the grayed out "Skype". I did a soft reset and that fixed it for me. I think you said you have tried soft resets, and your Voice Recorder (in ALL Apps) is pending. Sounds like your experiencing the issue of a couple builds back, whereas the apps were catching during the download. I believe that going to the store and downloading a new app from the Store> hitting PAUSE during the download> waiting 30 seconds > then hit RESUME "was" the work around, might try that; or Updating Store, or Uninstall/re-install Windows Voice Recorder. Good Luck.

Note: after I did the soft reset yesterday, I went to contacts and selected a phone number where I knew I would get an automated recording, and during the call I noticed that the record button had changed locations on the keypad. I pressed it and it started to record the call. I then check my Setting again, and the grayed out "none" had turned to "Voice Recorder".
Soft reset fixed mine as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers