W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Caluna1201

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
In general the preview works great. Unfortunately, app deployment using the Windows Phone Application deployment tool does not work any more. Connecetion fails with error with timeout and that the host does not respond.

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Geo, I had the same grayed out "none" yesterday, and still have the grayed out "Skype". I did a soft reset and that fixed it for me. I think you said you have tried soft resets, and your Voice Recorder (in ALL Apps) is pending. Sounds like your experiencing the issue of a couple builds back, whereas the apps were catching during the download. I believe that going to the store and downloading a new app from the Store> hitting PAUSE during the download> waiting 30 seconds > then hit RESUME "was" the work around, might try that; or Updating Store, or Uninstall/re-install Windows Voice Recorder. Good Luck.

Note: after I did the soft reset yesterday, I went to contacts and selected a phone number where I knew I would get an automated recording, and during the call I noticed that the record button had changed locations on the keypad. I pressed it and it started to record the call. I then check my Setting again, and the grayed out "none" had turned to "Voice Recorder".

Thanks. Tried what you suggested and still no joy!

satishn

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Tried what you suggested and still no joy!

Is the call recording feature available on all devices or is it only for higher end? I have a Lumia 830 and there are 2 items under the "Calling" section - one for caller ID and the 2nd for video call. Both are grayed out with values "None" and "Skype" respectively - just like GEO147 was describing . My Voice Recorder app in All Apps is all good. I am able to open and it record voice.

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
This build is kind of raw. Like the others mentioned with the Store update problem - I think it does the auto looking for updates when you get to that screen, like the phone update screen. You can see the wifi gets busy as soon as you get to that screen. I also see the app switcher doesn't list all apps running. Hard reset gave me 2 News apps, one works, one blank and doesn't work. All previous builds a hard reset didn't leave any blank non-working app icons. This build also starts to enforce the app OS requirement - apps like Food will ask to you update, and the updated version will tell you they give up on the app and direct you to the msn.com instead.

Also this build shipped with couple new sample images. How do you copy them?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the call recording feature available on all devices or is it only for higher end? I have a Lumia 830 and there are 2 items under the "Calling" section - one for caller ID and the 2nd for video call. Both are grayed out with values "None" and "Skype" respectively - just like GEO147 was describing . My Voice Recorder app in All Apps is all good. I am able to open and it record voice.
Call recording is only available on devices that were sold running Windows 10 Mobile out of the box. It is not available on any older devices that are updated to Windows 10 Mobile.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This build seems to have broken everything in my 950xl. Cortana not working at all, keyboard pulls up over quarter of the screen with search box missing, phone freezes after a few hours of stand by when someone calls, requiring battery removal (even soft reset doesn't work), quick actions broken, camera button not responding. Unfortunate.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Since this build my app store tile has no icon anymore just a blue tile and does not start either, just blue s teen for 5 sec and then back to the start s feen.

So, I cannot install any updates including store updates. I also cannot open install links from the online store.

Does anybody have a solution or the same problem?

Thanks

Rockstar Singh

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
only one issue i.e not able to download anything from the store... all other things are working like charm... love this build, Dana Sarkar really pushed a great build

EDIT: BUG Found, Whatsapp not opening, just stuck on loading screen and store freezes sometimes

Last edited:

maka1105

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This build is the best and most stable until now. Only bug I have noticed is the blue button bug in the store and rearranging quick action icons.
I am coming from TH2 directly and I didn't do a hard reset. Battery is better than TH2, all apps are working...
Lumia 640XL DS.
Edit: After restart some services doesn't work like blocking calls and massages and calendar notifications. It has to be turned on manually.

Last edited:

maxr187

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
some apps like groove, messaging have overlapping screen size, and they still didn't fix the one-handed mode like it wont scroll further down

Flashgordonv5

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950XL. Two issuies appeared for me last night. First, phone call went straight to message and didn't ring. Second, my alarm, set for 5:30PM went off this morning at 5:30AM. When I checked the phone it had reset itself by 12 hours and was showing 5:30PM. Weird!

vijayakumar sekar

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
After my phone restarted, whatsapp seems to be broken. Just getting Loading.... then crashes.. Also not able to download whatsapp from store app.

After I click download in store app, no progress in download.. Finally doing reset now.... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss