W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me, on this build on my 950XL, Feedback Hub crashes. When I tap it I get the standard blue screen and loading animation but it crashes back to the Start menu and doesn't open.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

b16bkostas

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm developer I can't deploy my app from visual studio to 950xl or 1520 I take unexpected error

Also some time i try to open the screen with power button and stay total black after some tray finally open but then i have the same problem only fix restart phone that happen once per 2 day

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Live tile for outlook hasn't been updating for me on this build or the previous one. Hard reset performed, Lumia ICON.

Anyone else?

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I installed the build on my 950, coming from Release Preview. I am pretty pleased with it, especially with battery life. But I have a few issues:

- Some apps won't start. I have to start them several times or reinstall them again, but some just won't work, like Lumia Highlights
- Store update button is buggy and Store is a lot slower than on Release preview and it crashes often.
- About once or twice a day I get the message that the SIM card doesn't work and then I need to restart the phone, which fixes it.
- I can't get WhatsApp messages if I am not in the app. I looked in the background apps settings, in the notification settings and in the WhatsApp settings, but it doesn't help. I can't get Skype messages without being in the app too, so I think there might be a setting I am missing or it is a general bug. It doesn't matter if I am on WIFI or mobile connection.

The last two bugs are pretty annoying and I hope someone has a solution or a new build with a bug fix will come soon. But I am very happy with this build and like it a lot more than the release preview build.

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
"Hey Cortana" does not work on my Nokia Icon. I am instructed to turn it on, but I can't find the setting anywhere on the phone. I may be not looking in the right place, but I don't think so. Any one else have this issue? Did I find a bug?

vajnorcan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
not a bad build, much better than the previous .001 and .003 that were causing the battery drain and phone getting too hot issues... but... there is still "but" isn't it?
well for me the issues are (on L830):
- cortana is not working
- IE EDGE is getting worse and worse. With the first few builds of W10M I was excited but now I wish we could install Chrome or something else. The rendering is plain terrible.
- Windows Store is really, REALLY slow.
- I cannot download more than 2apps from store at once, it hangs and then it crashes on the third app.
- sometimes it feels terribly slow, the whole OS, opening new apps takes forever and so on.

Other than that it's actually quite an ok build!

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
This latest build for the fast track is the most stable so far. Battery life is better, though not perfect. That also has to do with the types of apps run (Facebook, Tweetium seem the most labor intensive). I have had far fewer restarts and freezes that aren't related to specific apps. That said, occasionally, media still bind each other up a bit. Bluetooth does not always update quickly when devices are turned on. For example, a long-running issue is Bluetooth headphones/amps. Sometimes Bluetooth sets up with just voice connected. Shortly after, music etc. are added and set to go. This kind of wait should be eliminated, though it is more an annoyance than huge problem. However, I do have one complaint with the install. It reversed the Quick actions I had lined up in the Action Center! Not a huge deal, but I had WiFi/Bluetooth/Brightness/Flashlight/All Settings. After the update, it was completely reversed! Meant a couple times my trained right hand thumb accidentally turned off WiFi until I realized they were reversed! As I said above, this is a very stable build, likely nearly RTM for the Anniversary Build in Redstone. Had the 950 shipped with this build, there would be far less crying and moaning about that phone.

kaoh_v

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone get the syncing of the app notifications? I do not get the idea that this is working for me, also I do not have an option to enable it in Cortana or something. My insider build PC has a sync this PC option in the cortana, but my phone is only showing syncing of sms and stuff in Cortana (old version maybe?)
For me I have an issue with the latest 3 builds and connecting to the wireless display app on my insider build PC, also not working. Did work on the .0001 build but fails since. Other phones (non insiders can connect) and my phone still can connect to the XBox app.
Had my first unexpected reboot yesterday.
Some older apps break their live tiles on regular interfalls. Some do not work (also not after re-install), some fail after a day or so after re-install and some fail for hours to suddenly work once and than not work again for hours

Other than that the build seems rather smooth and batt life is not to bad. Was better on the .0004 I believe.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Can't update the new store and other fast ring apps after I had hard reset this build. Because the manual check for update button it's not working. Pls I need help. I've on the auto update but it's still not updating. Any help it's accepted. Thanks

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
After several days on this build, my general impressions is positive, based mainly on battery life, but there do seem to be some stability issues. A few pages back I posted that pasting text didn't work. A few restarts later, it's working. Sometimes certain apps, such as Weather, Health, and Store, just don't open. After a restart, they do.

Battery life has been excellent for me on 14356.1000, I have to say.

It may be my imagination, but I feel that notifications are a tad less loud.

I echo the complaints about Edge browser not rendering some web pages very well. Since app deficits necessarily require us to use the browser more, it should be a top priority to have the browser running well--especially since we can't designate an alternative default browser.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey, for me I have mostly positive things to say about this build (Lumia 950 XL). The 1 issue I noticed is when my phone is on standby mode and I press the camera button to turn on the camera, it vibrates twice. Once when I press the button and once when I let go of the button. Some previous issues I had that have been fixed include: deleting a photo from the Photos app wouldn't delete the file from File Explorer, doing a manual backup would reset my Windows Hello recognition, and turning on/off bluetooth from the lock screen required me to unlock my phone.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't update the new store and other fast ring apps after I had hard reset this build. Because the manual check for update button it's not working. Pls I need help. I've on the auto update but it's still not updating. Any help it's accepted. Thanks

Known bug, store update is coming...

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Live tile for outlook hasn't been updating for me on this build or the previous one. Hard reset performed, Lumia ICON.

Anyone else?

Mine doing the same thing. work up this morning to see on Start Screen that Live tile for Outlook still showing previous day as current day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750