W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
"Hey Cortana" does not work on my Nokia Icon. I am instructed to turn it on, but I can't find the setting anywhere on the phone. I may be not looking in the right place, but I don't think so. Any one else have this issue? Did I find a bug?

Settings -> Extra -> Hey Cortona

I have it on and working on my Lumia Icon.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have noticed that the wireless charging on my Lumia Icon is very slow to pick up.
setting the device on the charge pad it sometimes takes 2 to 3 minutes for the device to recognize that is on a charge pad.

Also noticing some sound issues thru the speakers for things like notifications (text message sound, email sound, phone ringer, etc). Seems to be happening when its charging (least thats when I seem to notice it more I guess) on either the wireless pad or plugged in direct.
the sounds will be muffled and barley noticeable.
Not sure what might be going on in the background at the time it happens but this does seem to be happening more and more frequently.

Lumia Icon on latest Redstone build.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've started having SMS message sending issues on this build. They appear to send but they do not. Once I do a reboot, they send. It's like they get stuck. I haven't yet figured out when this starts or what triggers it. Anyone else seeing this behaviour? 950 XL DS US.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just this afternoon my phone started going "back" to whatever app was last opened.

It appears to do this when refreshing the tiles.

The problem is, when you close all apps it just flashes, says "loading" then reloads the start screen....to which it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....then it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....then it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....to which it flashes and says "loading"....over and over. I've soft reset, rebooted, turn on airplane mode etc. nothing changes it.

If I sit on the all apps screen, we're fine. If I sit in an open app, all fine.

Edit: 950XL DS

I also noticed that mobile task manager (which requires dev mode enabled) no longer recognizes dev mode as being enabled. I follow the directions on it and validate that it is setup correctly yet no joy.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how many noticed or if it's mentioned anywhere, but in messages if we swipe to left on any conversation then the conversation is deleted. Nice shortcut.

Mindvisi0n

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I've started having SMS message sending issues on this build. They appear to send but they do not. Once I do a reboot, they send. It's like they get stuck. I haven't yet figured out when this starts or what triggers it. Anyone else seeing this behaviour? 950 XL DS US.

I have same problem on my Lumia 435 DS, plus messages don't send when i insert both the sims no matter what i do messages don't send when both sims are inserted. when using with 1 sim sometimes messages don't send unless i restart the phone. i hope this issue will get solved in next build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just this afternoon my phone started going "back" to whatever app was last opened.

It appears to do this when refreshing the tiles.

The problem is, when you close all apps it just flashes, says "loading" then reloads the start screen....to which it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....then it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....then it flashes and says "loading" then reloads the start screen....to which it flashes and says "loading"....over and over. I've soft reset, rebooted, turn on airplane mode etc. nothing changes it.

If I sit on the all apps screen, we're fine. If I sit in an open app, all fine.

Edit: 950XL DS

I also noticed that mobile task manager (which requires dev mode enabled) no longer recognizes dev mode as being enabled. I follow the directions on it and validate that it is setup correctly yet no joy.

Did you got a SD card? try checking it deeply in a laptop sd reader

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My first contribution :D

Yesterday People live tile died. Hope finally they bring back the square rotating tiles instead of that ugly dancing balls

GEO147

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Have noticed that the wireless charging on my Lumia Icon is very slow to pick up.
setting the device on the charge pad it sometimes takes 2 to 3 minutes for the device to recognize that is on a charge pad.

I also have the same wireless charging delay on Lumia 930

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This build seems on the first sight a good one but as a developer i have massive problems with it.

1. The Mobile build 14356 broke (beside PC from 14327) the ability for my app to set the Wallpaper and/or Lock Screen picture. This is an ability that my app relies on to 100%.
2. Apps that have time triggers like 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes set never get triggered at all. This broke 3 of my apps from auto updateting.

For me this two are big issues as how should i expect that users understand that this issues are related to the system and not to my apps?! I really hope Microsoft has some golden fingers and prove their Software company skills here and fix such issue but the Anniversary and the update for Windows 10 is near and such bugs should be ironed out as what if they dont fix this broken APIs now, will i and my users have to wait for the next big update in 7-8 months to fix this issue?! The problem is this APIs worked on 10240 till 14356 (on Mobile) and 14327 (on PC), so on 10586 they work as expected without any problems at all.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I've encountered so far is, twice now, my 950 went into a state where the display never timed out. I could lock it and the screen would turn off, but anytime it came on(notification or unlocking) it would stay on indefinitely. Soft reset fixed it both times.

Shiawian

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
This build seems quite alright on my L930.
The things I encountered are my Outlook tiles not updating @all, even after soft-reset. Battery life is good. Tested this by having the phone on without doing anything on it for a day and goes standby for more than 24hours without charges. Daily usage get me thru the day. Also as many reported the screen does not turn off automatically after timeout. And Call block doesn't turn on automatically after an soft-reset. Need to open the app turn it off and then on again.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This build seems on the first sight a good one but as a developer i have massive problems with it.

1. The Mobile build 14356 broke (beside PC from 14327) the ability for my app to set the Wallpaper and/or Lock Screen picture. This is an ability that my app relies on to 100%.
2. Apps that have time triggers like 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes set never get triggered at all. This broke 3 of my apps from auto updateting.

For me this two are big issues as how should i expect that users understand that this issues are related to the system and not to my apps?! I really hope Microsoft has some golden fingers and prove their Software company skills here and fix such issue but the Anniversary and the update for Windows 10 is near and such bugs should be ironed out as what if they dont fix this broken APIs now, will i and my users have to wait for the next big update in 7-8 months to fix this issue?! The problem is this APIs worked on 10240 till 14356 (on Mobile) and 14327 (on PC), so on 10586 they work as expected without any problems at all.

Surely as a developer, you should be concentrating on ensuring your apps work on release versions of the OS, not these beta version that can change almost weekly...

sumukh phalle

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
This one is the worst build i ever seen.. My L640XL is not charging well, and every time getting that, device charging slowly .... Well, now going to rollback... But just asking, it's Tuesday, is there any redstone build today?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
950XL, DS, USA:

- Today I noticed that while on calls: "SPEAKER" would keep reactivating, regardless of repeated toggling it off.
- Battery life appears to be diminishing for me for last two days.
- Not recognizing the OEM Charger at times (three time so far on this build).
- Notification on the Glance Screen are either intermittent, or terribly delayed (1st tier: app to show detailed status is working well; 2nd tier: app to show quick status is were I am seeing the problem).
- page downloads on onenote take for ever.
- charging on the wireless charger has started yielding a very hot back cover (reminiscent of the Lumia 920).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
- Not recognizing the OEM Charger at times (three time so far on this build).

Had a new variation on this problem today. I plugged the phone into the wall charger last night; when I got up this morning and unplugged it, I noticed that the screen did not light up as normal. When I turned on the screen, I saw the phone was only charged to 80% (it was at about 11% when I plugged it in). Clearly, the phone stopped charging at some point during the night. First time I have seen this behaviour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro