W10M Insider Preview 14356 Issues (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Had a new variation on this problem today. I plugged the phone into the wall charger last night; when I got up this morning and unplugged it, I noticed that the screen did not light up as normal. When I turned on the screen, I saw the phone was only charged to 80% (it was at about 11% when I plugged it in). Clearly, the phone stopped charging at some point during the night. First time I have seen this behaviour.

I have reported it in the feedback hub, you may want to report it too...

Chris Turek

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
At first no issues. But since yesterday, Store and Mail are broken. All of my desktops, my Surface 3 pro, and my Surface 3 are affected--but not my Lumia 950. Whenever, I go to the Store, I get this:

View attachment 127156

I had this happen to my surface too. I downloaded the 14342 ISO and reinstalled everything and it fixed the issue. I had tried to call Microsoft and their tech support couldn't help me even through remote desktop.

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
This one is the worst build i ever seen.. My L640XL is not charging well, and every time getting that, device charging slowly .... Well, now going to rollback... But just asking, it's Tuesday, is there any redstone build today?
Yeah, i'm facing the same problem with my l535, the other day it took 7 hours to completely charge it. Bigger battery drain than in previous builds, which was already bad enough. They announced that a new build won't be released today, maybe at the end of the week.

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I went through ALLLLLLL the settings EVERYWHERE on my phone and CAN?T find a way to turn on ?Hey Cortana including in the Settings -> Extra -> Hey Cortana location . There is NOTHING there that tells me I can turn it on or off.

Devan Hammack

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I went through ALLLLLLL the settings EVERYWHERE on my phone and CAN’T find a way to turn on “Hey Cortana including in the Settings -> Extra -> Hey Cortana location . There is NOTHING there that tells me I can turn it on or off.
Hey Cortana setting isn't in the "settings", its in Cortana.
Hit the search button to open Cortana... hamburger button to open the menu, then choose "settings"

I posted this in Feedback Hub ages ago.

wyrdfish

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
My 950 XL started doing this this morning.
If you kill all apps just the start menu reloads. If you have an app open it will swap back to that.
I noticed that if you leave it long enough it may stop - it did once but is currently looping. It does start again if you run any app and switch back or press home.
Presumably the start menu is crashing and being restarted by the kernel.
I wonder if its one of the tile updates.
Swiping to the app list stops the crashing temporarily.
It seems to be the phone tile for me, if its not on the screen it doesn't crash. I cant keep it stable enough to delete the tile though.

The phone app is in the top left of the screen so it may be related to the tile location - I cant move it to see.
If I Run the Phone app from the app list the start menu will now switch to the phone every second. Its like the top left tile is being activated automatically every second.

Last edited:

zescott

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
Cheers to all!

Issue: When i tried to copy n paste files from my laptop to external hard drive, i used to get a long message.

<the file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path> under the title Destination Path too long.

One more issue i was getting was i was unable to rename multiple files at the same time. The error was the same. The error is path too long error.

Resolution: Just by using the long path tool program I have solved the problem.

Enjoy

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Still having issues on my ICON with Outlook Mail live tile not updating. If I remove and pin again it updates but does not update unless I do that again. I have performed a soft reset, hard reset, removed all the accounts/added them back in, etc. Received an Outlook update from the store last night and that didn't fix it either.

Working fine on my work-issued 950.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My 950 XL started doing this this morning.
If you kill all apps just the start menu reloads. If you have an app open it will swap back to that.
I noticed that if you leave it long enough it may stop - it did once but is currently looping. It does start again if you run any app and switch back or press home.
Presumably the start menu is crashing and being restarted by the kernel.
I wonder if its one of the tile updates.
Swiping to the app list stops the crashing temporarily.
It seems to be the phone tile for me, if its not on the screen it doesn't crash. I cant keep it stable enough to delete the tile though.

The phone app is in the top left of the screen so it may be related to the tile location - I cant move it to see.
If I Run the Phone app from the app list the start menu will now switch to the phone every second. Its like the top left tile is being activated automatically every second.

This same thing started happening on my 950 this morning. All was fine last night and then this behavior started. It doesn't seem to be related to the phone tile for me

Anyone else getting this? This is a serious issue. I wonder if hard reset is the only fix.

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This same thing started happening on my 950 this morning. All was fine last night and then this behavior started. It doesn't seem to be related to the phone tile for me

Anyone else getting this? This is a serious issue. I wonder if hard reset is the only fix.

Same here, started this morning. It looks like it crashes when the live tiles refresh.

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The store on my Icon isn't working at all. It starts to load and then just goes back to the home screen. I am hoping the next build fixes it as I don't want to do a hard reset again unless I have to.

dhanushcnd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
After I installed the 14356.1000 this build was the best one I have used so far. Smooths and other glitches fixed lot and but there are many to fix. The new store view is quite good but download and updates view really bad. previous one was really good and well managed content. after using few days I was unable to turn on mobile data, in the UI it shows as turned on but unable to connect to the network. and H+ or E in the top bar is not visible too. there are some issues on gallery when viewing images and zooming. gallery loading should be optimized. battery life is good but when comparing to the 8.1 update 2 need to have more on w10m. Automatic brightness is back on action center.

Temujin Morgan

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Fast ring has moved on to build 14361: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...w-14361-issues-redstone-branch-fast-ring.html

Those remaining on 14356 continue here...

Considering 14356 has been the best build my phone has EVER had I may stay put for a while. I did have one reboot after using camera first time and after 4 days of uptime (my longest ever) email and sms stopped. Reboot and all good. Hopefully future builds keep these improvements going for those still struggling.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you got a SD card? try checking it deeply in a laptop sd reader

No SD card at all, I have no real need for one. Turns out it was the MS Money tile for the ONE stock I track... and ONLY that stock. I added another and pinned that stock, it worked fine. Replace it with the original watchlist stock and boom, same problem. My wifes 830 stock tile was blank as well but didn't have the same behavior (Threshold GA release) vs my redstone release.

The next day all was fine.

don4law

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950xl, Windows fast ring, build 14372. Call app options are greyed out and no ability to add voice recorder to record calls. Record call option is not available for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium