I Got Switched from Threshold to Redstone !

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been doing Insider Previews on my Lumia ICON (929) since they started. I hadn't noticed, but about 3 updates ago I was switched from Threshold to the Redstone Branch. I guess I've been doin updates for so long with so few problems that I hadn't paid any attention.

I love my 2 year old ICON and don't want to give it up if in the end Win 10 isn't offered on the Lumia ICONs.

Is this switch to Redstone on my ICON a possible good sign that the Lumia ICONs will be included for a final Win 10 upgrade?

Thanks. Peace
Alan

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Icon was added to the support list for Redstone earlier so you got it, being on Insider Fast or Slow most likely. (not all devices can get Redstone insider builds you know)

However, I'm pretty sure Verizon isn't playing update ball for that device. But hey, anything can happen.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
If Verizon doesn't approve an update to WM10 for the Icon and the Insider program comes to an end, will MS force me to bust back to WM 8.1?

Thanks. Peace
Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying your device! Let's hope Verizon plays ball in the long run!
Hope Springs Eternal! I've had my ICON for 2 years. It still looks new and I'd like it another 2 years - as long as its on WM10. The only thing I'd give it up for is the 950XL, but no chance of that with Verizon.
Peace. Alan

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hope Springs Eternal! I've had my ICON for 2 years. It still looks new and I'd like it another 2 years - as long as its on WM10. The only thing I'd give it up for is the 950XL, but no chance of that with Verizon.
Peace. Alan
I'm using a 1520 which is basicly the same as the Icon (although a bit better :grin: ), and I'm also really happy with it. I'm not going to switch anytime soon. I hope I can also get the builds after Redstone, since I think the 1520 can handle it.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a 1520 which is basicly the same as the Icon (although a bit better :grin: ), and I'm also really happy with it. I'm not going to switch anytime soon. I hope I can also get the builds after Redstone, since I think the 1520 can handle it.
Isn't it funny how sometimes a particular phone can just suit us so nicely that we just want to stay with it?
All the best with your 1520.
Peace. Alan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb