06-17-2016 07:43 AM
214 1234 ...
tools
    This release is so much better than the last one. I had so many issues on the last one. I've let it settle after update and it's running smoothly. No crashes. I have tested some of the issues people are mentioning here and I haven't had them. Happy everything is coming out Milhouse.

449967-milhouse.gif
    06-08-2016 07:07 PM
    MMS is broken for me. I forgot which one, but two or three builds ago, it was broken, but the following one fixed it. I hope the next one fixes it (I hope I can wait that long.)
    06-08-2016 07:26 PM
    Oh nooooooooooo.... Fingers crossed on the WDRT. Is that your 1520?
    Peace. Alan
    Yeah. I got it to work somehow. I'm going to stay on Threshold (10586) for now, waiting for the aniversary update (redstone) to officially launch. I can't deal with battery nonsense anymore. It was too much even for me. Too bad, since a new build just came out.
    06-08-2016 07:54 PM
    Yep this build toasted my phone, can't even do an in phone reset as the reset app crashes and restarts my phone without actually resetting it. I'm attempting to reset the phone using the recovery tool app on the pc. I hope that works. Fast ring has been mostly fine for me a few issues here and their but this is a full blown destruction of my phone
    06-08-2016 08:23 PM
    Kerry, just plugged in phone (950XL, DS, US)...happened again on 14361, charger not recognized (reported to Feedback) - Power Down, fixed it.
    Yeah, I had same issue after installing this build and plugging in to car charger. Left feedback via the "Did you restart your device because of a problem?" feedback functionality.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    06-08-2016 08:32 PM
    Can somebody pls confirm if dynamic theme is now working on this build? The last build broke mine. Thanks
    06-08-2016 10:43 PM
    working fine on my lumia 535 DS, thank god they fixed the flash light issue:)
    Demian Mioc likes this.
    06-08-2016 11:14 PM
    That happened to me on the previous build. I had never seen that behavior before. I think the restart was just slow and perhaps waiting longer would have let it restart. However, while it took two tries (all the while cursing myself for "bricking" my device) it did finally restart and go to the rest of the process without a hitch. Now, with this latest build, it seemed as thought it got stuck on the final restart, but I think again it was just slow and I was impatient.
    06-08-2016 11:27 PM
    So far no problems, after install i left it a couple of hours to update all the apps. Came back and so far allis well. And it seems faster
    06-09-2016 01:44 AM
    Can somebody pls confirm if dynamic theme is now working on this build? The last build broke mine. Thanks
    Still not working. I've tweeted Pinnula, but they're not very active on Twitter.
    06-09-2016 01:48 AM
    It works perfectly on mine
    06-09-2016 02:22 AM
    MMS is broken for me. I forgot which one, but two or three builds ago, it was broken, but the following one fixed it. I hope the next one fixes it (I hope I can wait that long.)
    Bet you lost your MMS APN settings. Ask your carrier for sending you autoconfig SMS
    06-09-2016 02:23 AM
    I'm going to ask this common question that goes like this:
    Anyone with a dual sim 540 running this build? Anything I should watch out for? I've never been on redstone builds
    06-09-2016 02:42 AM
    Am I wrong, or Edge hasn't full screen HTML5 video controls anymore???
    06-09-2016 03:32 AM
    Error in the Windows Store for my Lumia
    06-09-2016 04:35 AM
    How on earth are MS managing the final update of WM10 when their builds are so full of junk as it seems to be on 14361. On my 950XL both Instagram and Marine Traffic won't load or when loaded they quit without any notice. It is a shame that MS are fooling around with us in this way! Did anyone whisper about WM10's early timeout; I can say it loud!!!
    06-09-2016 04:54 AM
    Why isn't Brightness mentioned anywhere in the known bugs?The brightness profile doesn't do anything and the brightness settings either, it's been this way for several builds.
    06-09-2016 04:54 AM
    How on earth are MS managing the final update of WM10 when their builds are so full of junk as it seems to be on 14361. On my 950XL both Instagram and Marine Traffic won't load or when loaded they quit without any notice. It is a shame that MS are fooling around with us in this way! Did anyone whisper about WM10's early timeout; I can say it loud!!!
    Instead crying, and forgetting you joined a beta o.s. instead of final official Win10 update, did you tried uninstall and reinstall in device instead of sd?

Remember, app developers must update their apps and making them compatible with Win10, not MS surely
    06-09-2016 04:57 AM
    Why isn't Brightness mentioned anywhere in the known bugs?The brightness profile doesn't do anything and the brightness settings either, it's been this way for several builds.
    Because it works fine. Try a soft reset. Wich phone you got?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-09-2016 04:58 AM
    Well this is the build that convinced me to get off of the insider program. I had to use the recovery tool on the PC to get my phone back to a production build and I restored my data from an online backup after that. So back to prod for me

Issues I ran into directly after installing this build on my 950

1. Store would not open, spinning circle for ever
    2. Phone was always hot hot hot
    3. 5% battery drain ever 2-5 mins
    4. Just about any setting option you went into would crash and cause the phone to restart
    5.Skype would not open
    6.The in phone reset option would crash and restart the phone after you put in your MS credentials, this caused me to have to use the recovery tool to reset my phone
    7. Mail and probably 50% of the apps would crash and cause the phone to restart
    8.The lock screen would only show my custom picture, no clock or items I selected would display on the lock screen.

Phone was pretty stable and ran pretty well on all previous fast ring builds but this build was not usable for me.
    06-09-2016 06:29 AM
    Yeah, I had same issue after installing this build and plugging in to car charger. Left feedback via the "Did you restart your device because of a problem?" feedback functionality.
    Regarding the 950XL's failure to recognize the charger:

Last night it dawned on me that I might be in the habit of connecting the cable to the phone first, then to the outlet. When I reversed the order (outlet first, then phone) no problem - just 1 time though - It did inspire me to check the User's Guide and this is how they instruct the user to connect: 1. outlet, 2. phone.

Hope this will take care of my charging problem. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by mtf1380; 06-09-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    Chintan Gohel and aximtreo like this.
    06-09-2016 06:37 AM
    Am I the only one who's feeling positive about this build? I'm running it on my L550 and it feels snappier than ever, even snappier than production builds. Yes, it still has some bugs but it overall I'm pretty happy with this one. This may very well be the first build I'm actually happy with.

However, I've only just installed it so it could turn out to be a sh!tty build. Only time will tell.
    06-09-2016 06:46 AM
    Noticed a great feature (for me), may have been there all along, but I just discovered it:

Coming from the 920, I was able to take quick pictures with just one tap to the screen, came in so handy at conventions/exhibits - I was able to just extend one arm, tap the screen, take the pic, move on.

With he 950XL however, I had to use two hands because I had to tap directly on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't do that with one hand.

So, playing with this build; I reversed the phone 180 degrees in my hand, putting the camera icon at the other end of the phone - allowing for one handed operation - AND, so far no matter how I took a picture in this camera/hand orientation, whether in Portrait or Landscape, the pictures were Right-Side UP in the photo Gallery.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but this is a major for me, and wanted to share":^)
    06-09-2016 06:55 AM
    Am I the only one who's feeling positive about this build? I'm running it on my L550 and it feels snappier than ever, even snappier than production builds. Yes, it still has some bugs but it overall I'm pretty happy with this one. This may very well be the first build I'm actually happy with.

However, I've only just installed it so it could turn out to be a sh!tty build. Only time will tell.
    So for, I am loving this build! (950XL, DS, USA), I may even put it on a computer, or two, too gain even more features.":^)
    Joedels and Flashgordonv5 like this.
    06-09-2016 06:57 AM
    Noticed a great feature (for me), may have been there all along, but I just discovered it:

Coming from the 920, I was able to take quick pictures with just one tap to the screen, came in so handy at conventions/exhibits - I was able to just extend one arm, tap the screen, take the pic, move on.

With he 950XL however, I had to use two hands because I had to tap directly on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't do that with one hand.

So, playing with this build; I reversed the phone 180 degrees in my hand, putting the camera icon at the other end of the phone - allowing for one handed operation - AND, so far no matter how I took a picture in this camera/hand orientation, whether in Portrait or Landscape, the pictures were Right-Side UP in the photo Gallery.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but this is a major for me, and wanted to share":^)
    and you don't want to use the camera button?
    06-09-2016 07:11 AM
214 1234 ...