W10M Insider Preview 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

The ONLY thing I have found so far, that is not working as it should, is: when I go into my photo app, and select a photo, then zoom-in, I am unable to move the zoomed picture up and down on the first try (left/right is OK), backing out and zooming in again yields up, down, left, right movement of the photo. Hopefully a day or two will help.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

OMG this is the worst fast build ever on my 950

playing with it for just 10 mins I've had 3 random restarts, the store won't open, the lock screen only shows my picture none of the lock screen content I've picked, going to pretty much anything in the setting causes a resume screen that crashes the phone.

Wow I have never had this many problems with a fast ring release ever going to have to pretty much onl;y use my phone for calls until the next release.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Welp.. a little update on my situation. My phone got ****ed up. It's mostly because of the battery issues on redstone. IDK if my battery was really low and my phone was showing 50%+, or it was actually at 50%+ and it suddenly thought that it's empty, but that ****ed up my phone real bad. I'm in some reboot loop now (mixed with shutting down because of low battery, and not being able to charge up because Lumia devices CAN'T CHARGE WHILE TURNED OFF IN 2016!!!).
Praying I can make something happen with WDRT.
:unhappysweat:Oh nooooooooooo.... Fingers crossed on the WDRT. Is that your 1520?
Peace. Alan

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

This release is so much better than the last one. I had so many issues on the last one. I've let it settle after update and it's running smoothly. No crashes. I have tested some of the issues people are mentioning here and I haven't had them. Happy everything is coming out Milhouse.

449967-milhouse.gif

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

MMS is broken for me. I forgot which one, but two or three builds ago, it was broken, but the following one fixed it. I hope the next one fixes it (I hope I can wait that long.)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

:unhappysweat:Oh nooooooooooo.... Fingers crossed on the WDRT. Is that your 1520?
Peace. Alan

Yeah. I got it to work somehow. I'm going to stay on Threshold (10586) for now, waiting for the aniversary update (redstone) to officially launch. I can't deal with battery nonsense anymore. It was too much even for me. Too bad, since a new build just came out.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Yep this build toasted my phone, can't even do an in phone reset as the reset app crashes and restarts my phone without actually resetting it. I'm attempting to reset the phone using the recovery tool app on the pc. I hope that works. Fast ring has been mostly fine for me a few issues here and their but this is a full blown destruction of my phone

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Kerry, just plugged in phone (950XL, DS, US)...happened again on 14361, charger not recognized (reported to Feedback) - Power Down, fixed it.

Yeah, I had same issue after installing this build and plugging in to car charger. Left feedback via the "Did you restart your device because of a problem?" feedback functionality.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

Can somebody pls confirm if dynamic theme is now working on this build? The last build broke mine. Thanks

yc167

May 24, 2015
Visit site

working fine on my lumia 535 DS, thank god they fixed the flash light issue:)

Mark Richey

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

That happened to me on the previous build. I had never seen that behavior before. I think the restart was just slow and perhaps waiting longer would have let it restart. However, while it took two tries (all the while cursing myself for "bricking" my device) it did finally restart and go to the rest of the process without a hitch. Now, with this latest build, it seemed as thought it got stuck on the final restart, but I think again it was just slow and I was impatient.

steve ward1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

So far no problems, after install i left it a couple of hours to update all the apps. Came back and so far allis well. And it seems faster

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Can somebody pls confirm if dynamic theme is now working on this build? The last build broke mine. Thanks

Still not working. I've tweeted Pinnula, but they're not very active on Twitter.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

MMS is broken for me. I forgot which one, but two or three builds ago, it was broken, but the following one fixed it. I hope the next one fixes it (I hope I can wait that long.)

Bet you lost your MMS APN settings. Ask your carrier for sending you autoconfig SMS

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm going to ask this common question that goes like this:
Anyone with a dual sim 540 running this build? Anything I should watch out for? I've never been on redstone builds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb