W10M Insider Preview 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

permo

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

How on earth are MS managing the final update of WM10 when their builds are so full of junk as it seems to be on 14361. On my 950XL both Instagram and Marine Traffic won't load or when loaded they quit without any notice. It is a shame that MS are fooling around with us in this way! Did anyone whisper about WM10's early timeout; I can say it loud!!!

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Why isn't Brightness mentioned anywhere in the known bugs?The brightness profile doesn't do anything and the brightness settings either, it's been this way for several builds.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

How on earth are MS managing the final update of WM10 when their builds are so full of junk as it seems to be on 14361. On my 950XL both Instagram and Marine Traffic won't load or when loaded they quit without any notice. It is a shame that MS are fooling around with us in this way! Did anyone whisper about WM10's early timeout; I can say it loud!!!

Instead crying, and forgetting you joined a beta o.s. instead of final official Win10 update, did you tried uninstall and reinstall in device instead of sd?

Remember, app developers must update their apps and making them compatible with Win10, not MS surely

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Why isn't Brightness mentioned anywhere in the known bugs?The brightness profile doesn't do anything and the brightness settings either, it's been this way for several builds.

Because it works fine. Try a soft reset. Wich phone you got?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Well this is the build that convinced me to get off of the insider program. I had to use the recovery tool on the PC to get my phone back to a production build and I restored my data from an online backup after that. So back to prod for me

Issues I ran into directly after installing this build on my 950

1. Store would not open, spinning circle for ever
2. Phone was always hot hot hot
3. 5% battery drain ever 2-5 mins
4. Just about any setting option you went into would crash and cause the phone to restart
5.Skype would not open
6.The in phone reset option would crash and restart the phone after you put in your MS credentials, this caused me to have to use the recovery tool to reset my phone
7. Mail and probably 50% of the apps would crash and cause the phone to restart
8.The lock screen would only show my custom picture, no clock or items I selected would display on the lock screen.

Phone was pretty stable and ran pretty well on all previous fast ring builds but this build was not usable for me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I had same issue after installing this build and plugging in to car charger. Left feedback via the "Did you restart your device because of a problem?" feedback functionality.

Regarding the 950XL's failure to recognize the charger:

Last night it dawned on me that I might be in the habit of connecting the cable to the phone first, then to the outlet. When I reversed the order (outlet first, then phone) no problem - just 1 time though - It did inspire me to check the User's Guide and this is how they instruct the user to connect: 1. outlet, 2. phone.

Hope this will take care of my charging problem. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Joedels

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site

Am I the only one who's feeling positive about this build? I'm running it on my L550 and it feels snappier than ever, even snappier than production builds. Yes, it still has some bugs but it overall I'm pretty happy with this one. This may very well be the first build I'm actually happy with.

However, I've only just installed it so it could turn out to be a sh!tty build. Only time will tell.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Noticed a great feature (for me), may have been there all along, but I just discovered it:

Coming from the 920, I was able to take quick pictures with just one tap to the screen, came in so handy at conventions/exhibits - I was able to just extend one arm, tap the screen, take the pic, move on.

With he 950XL however, I had to use two hands because I had to tap directly on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't do that with one hand.

So, playing with this build; I reversed the phone 180 degrees in my hand, putting the camera icon at the other end of the phone - allowing for one handed operation - AND, so far no matter how I took a picture in this camera/hand orientation, whether in Portrait or Landscape, the pictures were Right-Side UP in the photo Gallery.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but this is a major for me, and wanted to share":^)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Am I the only one who's feeling positive about this build? I'm running it on my L550 and it feels snappier than ever, even snappier than production builds. Yes, it still has some bugs but it overall I'm pretty happy with this one. This may very well be the first build I'm actually happy with.

However, I've only just installed it so it could turn out to be a sh!tty build. Only time will tell.

So for, I am loving this build! (950XL, DS, USA), I may even put it on a computer, or two, too gain even more features.":^)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Noticed a great feature (for me), may have been there all along, but I just discovered it:

Coming from the 920, I was able to take quick pictures with just one tap to the screen, came in so handy at conventions/exhibits - I was able to just extend one arm, tap the screen, take the pic, move on.

With he 950XL however, I had to use two hands because I had to tap directly on the camera icon at the bottom of the screen, and I couldn't do that with one hand.

So, playing with this build; I reversed the phone 180 degrees in my hand, putting the camera icon at the other end of the phone - allowing for one handed operation - AND, so far no matter how I took a picture in this camera/hand orientation, whether in Portrait or Landscape, the pictures were Right-Side UP in the photo Gallery.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but this is a major for me, and wanted to share":^)

and you don't want to use the camera button?

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Let's see. They still haven't fixed Cortana - she refuses to announce incoming texts or phone calls, will not allow me to do hands-free replies, even though I have it set to "Always On". They still haven't fixed Bluetooth working with stereos - when my 950 DOES actually send data to a stereo (I've tried this on two different systems) it sends song title and either "Unknown" or the album title, NOT the artist.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Hi -

Last weeks version added the option to read out the callers names on phone calls. It is located in settings, ease of access, more options, use speech to announce caller id. I am using an Icon with Truecaller installed if any of that makes a difference.

Yes, it sucks that Cortana does not announce text or does hands free - thought I may have been missing something there.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

1)Wifi is very unstable, disconnects every 20-30 min and either reconnects or cannot connect
2)Store is very slow to begin downloading between apps
3)Chronos calendar is screwed with new build or outlook calendar

Filippo Taroni

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Same problems here with a Lumia 735.

Apps won't start at first time.

Huge battery drain.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Same problems here with a Lumia 735.

Apps won't start at first time.

Huge battery drain.

There are syncs and updates in progress. Let it plugged and wait a whole day. Be careful, last build put again all background apps ON even if before were OFF

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi -

Last weeks version added the option to read out the callers names on phone calls. It is located in settings, ease of access, more options, use speech to announce caller id. I am using an Icon with Truecaller installed if any of that makes a difference.

Yes, it sucks that Cortana does not announce text or does hands free - thought I may have been missing something there.

Cortana -> Hamburger -> Notebooks -> Settings -> Read incoming messages

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

and you don't want to use the camera button?

Hey Chintan:), No, its not that I didn't want to use the screens Camera Button, my problem was; if I held the phone right-side up (the screen's Camera Button was either on the bottom [Portrait], or on the right [Landscape] of the screen), I could not hold the phone and push the camera button with the same hand:( - NOW, I realized that if I hold the phone up-side down, the camera button is on the TOP of the screen (left side when in landscape) and I can hold the phone and get to the camera button with the same hand. My revelation is: that regardless of how I held the phone (Right-side up or down, "EXTERNAL" independent camera button up/down) the pictures came out right side up in the gallery. WHOA!

If your question was with regards to the "EXTERNAL" independent camera button: damn good question!":^) - best answer: with the method above, I feel I have a little better grip when reaching my phone through a crowd, can see more screen when using my finger, instead of my thumb, and can direct the focus with my finger, prior to taking a picture.

Last edited:

mizuirome

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Instagram not working with this build, everything else ok for now
Lumia 1520

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Yeah. I got it to work somehow. I'm going to stay on Threshold (10586) for now, waiting for the aniversary update (redstone) to officially launch. I can't deal with battery nonsense anymore. It was too much even for me. Too bad, since a new build just came out.
:excited:Yah, you'll be ok. Just wait for the next build and it'll go ok for you. I kinda have the idea that 14361.0 came out awfully fast behind 14356.1. I wonder about that.
So far 14361 is doin ok for me. The calls work and Mobile Hotspot is the most critical feature for me cause its my only internet access at home for my 2 laptops and iPad.
Poor thing - you'll be ok. Just get a cheeseburger.:winktongue:
Peace. Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12