W10M Insider Preview 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

My single SIM 950 XL updated to 14361 with no issue, but my dual SIM 950 XL no so lucky, Store is missing, Edge is always showing as 'pending' in the app list, it would say the app can't be started, an update in the store may fix it... but the Store is missing.

Hard reset and start fresh, all is good now.

regi7

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm having some issues downloading from the store. The downloads stop if I don't have the Store app open. Never did that before. And when I go back to the store, they're stuck in limbo. I have to restart my phone and open the store app in order for them to start downloading. Almost the same issue I've always had with Groove Music. It won't update its library or download music unless I have the groove music app open. That's annoying. Especially because I have to touch the screen every 5 minutes to make sure it doesn't turn itself off. And I have both groove and store as background apps.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm having some issues downloading from the store. The downloads stop if I don't have the Store app open. Never did that before. And when I go back to the store, they're stuck in limbo. I have to restart my phone and open the store app in order for them to start downloading. Almost the same issue I've always had with Groove Music. It won't update its library or download music unless I have the groove music app open. That's annoying. Especially because I have to touch the screen every 5 minutes to make sure it doesn't turn itself off. And I have both groove and store as background apps.

Check In Store settings, Auto update when connected to wifi is checked

Don't forget UWP Store for Insiders is a work in progress (missing screenshot, etc)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

My single SIM 950 XL updated to 14361 with no issue, but my dual SIM 950 XL no so lucky, Store is missing, Edge is always showing as 'pending' in the app list, it would say the app can't be started, an update in the store may fix it... but the Store is missing.

Hard reset and start fresh, all is good now.

As a pc when a disk installation goes wrong... better starting by zero again

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Some privacy settings keep crashing here.

That was listed as a known issue on the PC side with this build. Wonder if there's some shared code between the two that's causing the issue on mobile. Just a theory, though.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520

Seems like I'm the only one with a Microsoft Edge issue. Opening the app since the new build only either crashed it within two seconds or opens a blank page. The same thing happens when I try to open external links from email or other apps like this (Windows Central). When the blank page opens, I can't manually open URLs and my favourites are blank. There's no way i can uninstall edge and reinstall it (I'm going to investigate side-loading).

After updating to the new build, the first sign of trouble was that my home screen apps were greyed out and were slowly coming back.

A few of my other apps failed to open giving me the "Can't open app. There maybe an update in Store," pop up. To get around this, I'd either unpin then re-pin the apps live tile or uninstall and re-install the app.

This is further compounded by the fact that Store seems to be running buggy where it either runs very slow or it crashes. Sometimes I see the apps in store and there's a "Launch" button but when I click "Launch" I get the update in store popup again. Then a "Free" button pops up next to "Launch". This allows me to reinstall the app without uninstalling it. Red flag.

My main concern is Microsoft edge.

Any advice other than hard reset or wait for the next build?

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Maybe I am missing something but where is the Hey Cortana feature? I tried to activate it and it tells to turn Cortana on in settings but I do not see prompt displaying where to turn Cortana off and on.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Maybe I am missing something but where is the Hey Cortana feature? I tried to activate it and it tells to turn Cortana on in settings but I do not see prompt displaying where to turn Cortana off and on.

It hasn't functioned for me for the last few handfuls BEFORE Redstone; even after two hard resets.

Lumia 1520.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

did you noticed? floating keyboard, just hold and move spacebar
Yeah, that's been in there for a long time, but I can understand not noticing it. There's very little fanfare for all the new features and people discover them mostly by accident. There seriously needs to be a comprehensive webpage somewhere that lists and explains in detail each and every feature of the OS.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, that's been in there for a long time, but I can understand not noticing it. There's very little fanfare for all the new features and people discover them mostly by accident. There seriously needs to be a comprehensive webpage somewhere that lists and explains in detail each and every feature of the OS.

I Strongly second that statement...Kudos!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I went into a Big Box Hardware store, and left my phone in the car because I didn't want to carry it (90 degree day); when I came out, my phone we totally shut down. When I got home and on restart, a message was displayed tell me that my phone got too hot and was shut down. Good to know.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

I am facing three issues on my L950XL (Dual-Sim USA on AT&T)

1) If I am playing Groove, pause the music and charge the phone (wireless or through a cable), Groove starts playing music without any user intervention about 40 minutes into the charging. Very frustrating and embarrassing, since I leave the phone on the charger at work and am in meetings and the music starts playing
2) Windows Hello is acting up, similar to how it was a few build back. When I press the power button, I get a black screen, the red light on the top goes on and then nothing happens. I have to recycle the power button again, and then use the pin.
3) The two issues above happen a lot. The third issue happened only once. I was listening to The Beatles (my purchased music on the SD card) when suddenly Groove paused. When I restarted it played the same songs in German. I looked at the screen and the title was in German, as well as the lyrics. Weird, but only happened once.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I am facing three issues on my L950XL (Dual-Sim USA on AT&T)

1) If I am playing Groove, pause the music and charge the phone (wireless or through a cable), Groove starts playing music without any user intervention about 40 minutes into the charging. Very frustrating and embarrassing, since I leave the phone on the charger at work and am in meetings and the music starts playing
2) Windows Hello is acting up, similar to how it was a few build back. When I press the power button, I get a black screen, the red light on the top goes on and then nothing happens. I have to recycle the power button again, and then use the pin.
3) The two issues above happen a lot. The third issue happened only once. I was listening to The Beatles (my purchased music on the SD card) when suddenly Groove paused. When I restarted it played the same songs in German. I looked at the screen and the title was in German, as well as the lyrics. Weird, but only happened once.

the quirks of being in an insider program - you never know what could happen

report in feedback app

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't functioned for me for the last few handfuls BEFORE Redstone; even after two hard resets.

Lumia 1520.

Yeah,I was also having the same problem. And this is what worked for me.
1. Went back to 8.1 and updated everything.
2. Used the upgrade advisor to get the official wm10
3. Set up hey Cortana fully there(mean did the voice training)
4. Used insider fast ring to upgrade to the previous build and hey Cortana was still working in that build
5. Upgraded to the current build and still working.

So this is how I managed to make hey Cortana to work in Redstone builds. It was a major problem for me in Redstone builds. Hard resetting will make you loose it in Redstone. So I always go back when I want to hard reset.
Lumia 1520 here. Hope this help you.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

As I never tried to use Cortana for finding a route, I don't know if this was already in the builds before, but when I say: Route nach "Ort" (engl.: route to "location" - I'm on german Cortana, maybe this makes a difference), it finds the correct location but says "Ich glaube nicht, dass du dorthin kommst" (engl: "I don't think you can get there"). If I click on the map that Cortana shows after the search i get to the maps app and can click the direction button and it works fine, but why can't Cortana do this for me? Anyone else with this behavior?

edit: How embarassing... I had "Public Transportation" as my main transportation method. I changed it to "car" and now it works like I wanted it to work. There is no way to delete a negative feedback I gave or is there?

Last edited:

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

installed this build on my Lumia 535. Battery life is so horrible to be honest. and yeah another bug i found is in the applist for example i click on letter "S" it shows the apps for letter "P" and when i click on letter "W" it shows the apps for letter "V".

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

There is no way to delete a negative feedback I gave or is there?

Vasrias, I wouldn't worry about it, I would think all feedback is good (+ or -), provoking thought. I think you did the best thing with your "edit", adding more information to your original assessment/observation (again, this could be +/-).

I also think, that if you were to find the answer to a problem later, were the edit doesn't appear as the last post in the forum queue, it would be great if the poster would quote themselves and then give the solution, so we can be aware of any fixes. I myself hardly ever re-read a post, but the tip could be very useful to someone that had already read the original post.

Cheers! from the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss