W10M Insider Preview 14361 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14361 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Seems as though I can't keep outgoing calls from going to speaker phone; even when I deactivate the speaker toggle on the dial pad, it comes right back (most of the time)?

Update:
Duh! I had the setting switched to "ON" for the "During a call, turn on the speaker when I move my phone away from my ear". My Bad!

Hermes Negruzzi

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

How's it running compared to non insider version? I mean how snappy and reliable it is and the average battery life span.
Interested for my 930.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

How's it running compared to non insider version? I mean how snappy and reliable it is and the average battery life span.
Interested for my 930.

If you are asking for 14361... That ship has sailed. You can't get it if you don't have it. Insider Fast will now get you 14364.

If you are asking about Insider in general... Please consider looking here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...der-testing-you-[recommended-guidelines].html

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

It hasn't worked for me in several builds. Lumia 930. A friend of mine has the same problem with a different device. I have to do a hard reset then :( :( :(

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

It hasn't worked for me in several builds. Lumia 930. A friend of mine has the same problem with a different device. I have to do a hard reset then :( :( :(

Maybe consider build 14364 before a Hard Reset, and give it a couple of days to settle down, see if that helps you out?

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Maybe consider build 14364 before a Hard Reset, and give it a couple of days to settle down, see if that helps you out?

I did both the upgrade and the reset.Nothing fixed it.Actually I did a soft reset, a reset from the settings and one using the buttons (just in case) but nope.Not fixed yet.Currently in 14367 build to be exact.I don't know what else to do.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I did both the upgrade and the reset.Nothing fixed it.Actually I did a soft reset, a reset from the settings and one using the buttons (just in case) but nope.Not fixed yet.Currently in 14367 build to be exact.I don't know what else to do.

exactly what problem are you having?

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

exactly what problem are you having?

Brightness stays the same even when I change the setting.It is stuck on high brightness ever since it was a known error. But even with the updates it hasn't been fixed for my phone. Settings>Extra>display>Brightness profile has only one slider that changes nothing but the colour profile works. Automatic doesn't change no matter the light conditions and it doesn't dim even on battery save. Basically nothing that controls the brightness works.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Brightness stays the same even when I change the setting.It is stuck on high brightness ever since it was a known error. But even with the updates it hasn't been fixed for my phone. Settings>Extra>display>Brightness profile has only one slider that changes nothing but the colour profile works. Automatic doesn't change no matter the light conditions and it doesn't dim even on battery save. Basically nothing that controls the brightness works.

- Setting should be under: Settings>System>Display>Adjust Brightness Level, correct?

- Do you have this set to Auto? Or manual?

- Can you manually adjust the brightness level from the Action Center's brightness button?

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

- Setting should be under: Settings>System>Display>Adjust Brightness Level, correct?

- Do you have this set to Auto? Or manual?

- Can you manually adjust the brightness level from the Action Center's brightness button?

1.Yes.2.Manual.But none of them actually changes screen brightness.3.It shows that the setting has changed but it doesn't change the brightness either.
PS:Really thanks for taking the time to figure this out with me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

IMHO there's a faulty light sensor... try with a little torch direct in the hole (it's halfway between upper logo and front camera, near the red proximity sensor

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

1.Yes.2.Manual.But none of them actually changes screen brightness.3.It shows that the setting has changed but it doesn't change the brightness either.
PS:Really thanks for taking the time to figure this out with me.

I am inclined to agree with Maurizio, "faulty light sensor" especially because of the results of #3. I would go by a MS Store next time your never one to get a second opinion. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12