W10M Insider Preview 14364 Discussion (Redstone Branch, inactive)

justishar

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14364 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

In case anyone finds my message through search, Mini Recorder Free makes you upload each media file separately... There is no batching function. 195 files later, I backed it all up.

Regarding 14364, I decided the messaging bug is a dealbreaker. Waiting two minutes for each text message to send is just not feasible. I'm reverting back to 8.1 and then am planning to try to get the slow track update. Hopefully that gets me to the version I had last night (the previous fast track version) or another stable Win 10 release. Is there anyone else who can shed a bit more light on the science of choosing release versions? From the notes at the beginning of the thread, I expected the Device Recovery Tool to have an option to choose versions, however it only had the option to restore to 8.1 (9651.14219) for me. If I'm derailing the thread (I hope I'm not -- not too familiar with the customs around here), I would appreciate any help finding the right thread/forum or a PM explaining it.

justishar

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

You have just updated from 8.1, you need a hard reset with backup as a clean installed desktop, or simply wait two days till phone stops caching and updating core apps. All iussues you wrote are fixed by weeks, Store is full operational. Check if by chance you got still upgrading apps in pending list, they must upgrade to win10 version
TIP: store itself must update, so in case of list pause all and start only store

:grin:

I got this just a few seconds too late... No worries, I will be upgrading back to Win 10 later today and will try this if I still have the problem.

Regarding the Store update: I did check the update list before I did the reset and it appeared to me that all updates had been completed. I even downloaded a few apps after everything updated and they installed with no issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

In case anyone finds my message through search, Mini Recorder Free makes you upload each media file separately... There is no batching function. 195 files later, I backed it all up.

Regarding 14364, I decided the messaging bug is a dealbreaker. Waiting two minutes for each text message to send is just not feasible. I'm reverting back to 8.1 and then am planning to try to get the slow track update. Hopefully that gets me to the version I had last night (the previous fast track version) or another stable Win 10 release. Is there anyone else who can shed a bit more light on the science of choosing release versions? From the notes at the beginning of the thread, I expected the Device Recovery Tool to have an option to choose versions, however it only had the option to restore to 8.1 (9651.14219) for me. If I'm derailing the thread (I hope I'm not -- not too familiar with the customs around here), I would appreciate any help finding the right thread/forum or a PM explaining it.

SO, you run back after only 24 hrs? It like putting back a just bought car because interiors smell :(
I bet you don't left all core apps upgrade. Messages latency is a fixed bug since builds.
Go back,and then stay in the Release preview build, same as official. And, please, let that poor phone stabylize! It needs 48 hrs, every power user could confirm that, same as desktops

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I would appreciate any help finding the right thread/forum or a PM explaining it.

I'D give two or three days of Posts for a new ring that pertains to you Icon. Read ALL the information on the links that RumoredNow provides at the beginning of each new Ring. and , decide from that.

Again...consult your "Wigi Board":^)

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14364 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

so far no issues in the build for me . Lumia 930. the only issue I have been facing so far is the keyboard being a lil sloppy and laggy (irrespective of the app in which its being used), besides that the battery is at par with the previous build and at par with 8.1.
as for the search option not working in the store , I so far have not faced such an issue.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

950XL:
Battery: 8 HOURS (light to medium use) = 34% battery life used / 66% remaining.
Temperature: COOL

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

950, getting a lagging black screen after unlocking my phone. I took off the Iris scanner cause the red light sensor would come on but it's still a black screen. Also same with the app list lettering being off.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

950, getting a lagging black screen after unlocking my phone. I took off the Iris scanner cause the red light sensor would come on but it's still a black screen. Also same with the app list lettering being off.

It means app updates in progress, after o.s. I found many apps in list

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Dynamic Theme still doesn't work :(
And they know, at last

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Woke up to notification that a restart is required - new build 14367. Installing now.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Today will be day two, and as Maurizio Troso points out it takes two days to settle down, I'll try again and even a third or fourth ;) . I have purposely only installed a couple apps I choose to not go without, turned off NFC. I don't find where I can change the network settings to say 2G. I looked under Network & Wireless>Cellular and Sim>Cellular Data>Sim 1. I have seen that setting but not that I can remember on the 950 / 950XL. Anybody know?

I have come to the conclusion that Groove is a battery hog. I have been disappointed with both the 950 and the XL on any build. I just got Plex running very smooth on my Ubuntu server, I will stream from it now for a few days and see if I have better battery life. Cortana is still borked and won't read incoming texts. "Hey Cortana" works quite well, but then again, even the app says it's gonna gobble the mA's if she's "turned on" - LOL!

I listen to Audible using my Bluetooth headset and the phone doesn't get warm, but Groove sure does. I have the Audible files on my device and I set Groove to "on this device" and pretty much filled a 128GB sd card, but I read that Groove doesn't like large libraries--what is large?

Off to the world to see if I have better results, at least I am not doing the same thing expecting different results ;)

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 930 haven't been able to change brightness for the past few builds. Display advanced and normal change absolutely nothing.Did a reset from the settings, nothing, did a hard reset with the power/volume buttons, still nothing. If someone has some info or a solution please?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Today will be day two, and as Maurizio Troso points out it takes two days to settle down, I'll try again and even a third or fourth ;) . I have purposely only installed a couple apps I choose to not go without, turned off NFC. I don't find where I can change the network settings to say 2G. I looked under Network & Wireless>Cellular and Sim>Cellular Data>Sim 1. I have seen that setting but not that I can remember on the 950 / 950XL. Anybody know?

I have come to the conclusion that Groove is a battery hog. I have been disappointed with both the 950 and the XL on any build. I just got Plex running very smooth on my Ubuntu server, I will stream from it now for a few days and see if I have better battery life. Cortana is still borked and won't read incoming texts. "Hey Cortana" works quite well, but then again, even the app says it's gonna gobble the mA's if she's "turned on" - LOL!

I listen to Audible using my Bluetooth headset and the phone doesn't get warm, but Groove sure does. I have the Audible files on my device and I set Groove to "on this device" and pretty much filled a 128GB sd card, but I read that Groove doesn't like large libraries--what is large?

Off to the world to see if I have better results, at least I am not doing the same thing expecting different results ;)

Last night there was another update, so you must reset the countdown ;)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

RumoredNow, get out of bed and start us a new Tread for 14367 ":^)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon