09-29-2017 01:18 PM
228 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Hm i miss the Messenger integrations of Twitter, Skype and Facebook...ok not Facebook while i dont use it but Twitter was nice and skype was really cool...the current skype app (includes the unofficial uwp app) just sucks hard, to slow, to blown, missing Features and so on...nope.

I miss the qr scanner badly
    06-23-2016 12:47 PM
    The feature i miss the most that cannot be replaced by some app is the Tap To Unlock feature. God i loved that but my 950 doesn't have it and since then it felt more like a step down then a step up. One that can be replaced but is not as handy would be the QR scanner or FM radio.
    ibbbo likes this.
    06-23-2016 12:54 PM
    Mostly I miss stability and reliability. We may not see those again for a long time. Microsoft is just making me feel like their software team has gone from world's best to middle school coding. A multi-billion dollar company has been working on this for two years and using the Bluetooth toggle still bricks my phone. I open apps and they just close back to the start screen or lock up the phone. Windows Mobile 10 has peaked at 11% and they don't know why? Two years without a new Flagship then they release the 950 and 950xl with hardware that had been out almost a year on Android with an OS that makes Detroit's economy seem stable? Microsoft is better than this! Get it together or this ship is sinking and we don't want Android or iOS! It's like Trump or Hillary, we want another option! Come on Microsoft, do something good!
    breaker119 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    06-23-2016 01:04 PM
    I quick change in direction as somebody tried to do earlier...My fav things on Win10 Mobile and the primary reasons why I don't go back to 8.1:
    - SMS and Skype messaging back together again
    - Respond to messages from notification center
    - Outlook quick actions (swipe to delete)
    06-23-2016 01:32 PM
    i miss swiping right in the camera and being in my camera roll... that was too nice
    06-23-2016 02:21 PM
    Are you kidding!! Windows 10 does not have flip to silence!! Seriously?

I'm keeping my 930. Even with the dead mics.

see posts above:
    Its back. its pretty buried in the settings but you can turn it on. and it works. Im glad its back. its one of those things that you enable then forget its on until your phone rings.. your hands just seem to remember to flip it, and then you go "..oh yeah that works."
    06-23-2016 02:22 PM
    It was *never* part of the OS - so what you're saying is irrelevant. It's part of Nokia's apps that came installed with the phones (and subsequently updated).

My L930 has the latest WM10 insider build, and I have the option. Not sure what app it was that adds the setting, but it's still an option.
    I think it was called gestures beta.
    06-23-2016 02:43 PM
    I miss among a couple more stuff, the battery rate on the tile of the saver.
    libra89, P1ng0fDeath and Rinsun like this.
    06-23-2016 03:28 PM
    Automatic Quiet Hours based on busy calendar appointments! This was a HUGE feature for me that I badly miss. PLEASE bring this back!
    saras112 and aXross like this.
    06-23-2016 03:31 PM
    I agree with this.
    06-23-2016 03:44 PM
    +1 for this. I used to have it pinned on my homescreen. I removed it since updating - it's useless for me now.
    libra89 and Rinsun like this.
    06-23-2016 05:07 PM
    i dont see why the FM Radio was removed .This built in app was reliable even without internet connection
    i dont think we must be connected to be informed ...
    Demian Mioc likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:52 PM
    For example Here Drive - why MSFT forced us to stop using it in newer versions of W10M? Okay, I understand this is not their property anymore, they won't support it anymore and so on. But why they stop/ remove the apps at all and forced us to use another products - is it not possible just to stop development and updating it, but to be still available for using???
    It could be decision of HERE, not MS. If you can check HERE on Android, the UI is way better than on WP8.1. Development is where the users are...

Nokia did some nice things to WP. Some of those MS has been integrating to OS and apps (e.g. imaging API), sometimes with less than stellar success (e.g. camera). The rest they are cutting away for good :)

One thing missing from W10M is MS weather on lock screen. Maybe they are leaving that to 3rd party apps ;)
    ibbbo and Chintan Gohel like this.
    06-24-2016 12:57 AM
    I miss a phone where everything just works. In other words: I miss my Android.
    06-24-2016 02:39 AM
    My L930 has the latest WM10 insider build, and I have the option. Not sure what app it was that adds the setting, but it's still an option.
    It's there in non Insider too now on some Lumias,after an update to Settings>Extras > Touch.
    My 535 DS has it now after the update.
    06-24-2016 04:43 AM
    +1 for this. I used to have it pinned on my homescreen. I removed it since updating - it's useless for me now.
    Same with me.It was very useful as the battery rate on pulling down Action Centre is a strain on my eyes.
    P1ng0fDeath likes this.
    06-24-2016 04:49 AM
    It was *never* part of the OS - so what you're saying is irrelevant. It's part of Nokia's apps that came installed with the phones (and subsequently updated).

I am running WM10 on a dual sim Lumia 950. Can you share with us what Setting, Flip to Silence is under?
    06-24-2016 05:04 AM
    On my 1520, Settings--> Extras -->Touch
    06-24-2016 09:41 AM
    Honestly, I would have to go back to 8.1/7 and use them for a bit to find any features that I miss. I think that means the features I would miss were not important enough to remember, but I'm not sure.
    What I'm saying is that there aren't any major important features missing that I want back.
    Edit: for the 950XL specifically, I miss double tap to wake up.
    06-24-2016 10:46 AM
    On my 1520, Settings--> Extras -->Touch
    All I have under Touch in Settings is "Vibrate when I tab the navi... keys"
    06-24-2016 12:26 PM
    All I have under Touch in Settings is "Vibrate when I tab the navi... keys"
    Not all phones got Double tap to wake in Win10, it depends on chipset, it seems newest still not compatible
    06-24-2016 12:40 PM
    FM radio getting ripped out was a kick in the teeth for me. When I had my 925 (and then my 640), I used to brag about it to my Android-using friends. Now that it's been gutted and I'm an Android user myself (removing FM was a reason, but not the only one), I guess the joke's on me.
    aXross likes this.
    06-24-2016 12:52 PM
    FM radio getting ripped out was a kick in the teeth for me. When I had my 925 (and then my 640), I used to brag about it to my Android-using friends. Now that it's been gutted and I'm an Android user myself (removing FM was a reason, but not the only one), I guess the joke's on me.
    There are some 3rd party fabolous radio apps. Are you joking. Everyone blaming app-gap, when there's anything you need. OMG
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-24-2016 01:04 PM
    They ripped it out of WP8 as well - and added it back later on...no clue why they removed it all over again. Solid Microsoft logic right there.
    06-24-2016 03:01 PM
    Things I miss.

- The METRO Interface. This was why I fell in love with Windows Phone. It was beautiful, unique, and fluid. Did I mention FLUID?
    - The Old Photo Application was just beautiful.
    -Music + Videos were awesome and just worked no matter how large your library was. It was great. But they started ruining it in Windows Phone 8.1
    - Swiping right in Camera application to bring on the Camera roll. Why would you take something that awesome off.
    - One place for Messaging. Chat integration into the SMS App
    -Square icons for People App
    - The Metro aspect of people app and having to swipe left and right to move between sections.
    - The integration of facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
    - Stability and FLUIDITY. Did Mention that Metro UI was the Most Fluid Mobile OS I EVER CAME ACROSS?
    libra89, Whodaboss, aXross and 3 others like this.
    06-24-2016 03:43 PM
228 ... 56789 ...