Removed features: What do you miss the most?

AlainF2016

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Cortana doesn't work in French Canada... yet, Also the music recognition was fast and easy, no need to ask a Question to Cortana.
Yes I have tried 360app, but why do we need two or tree app to have simple feature.
Kids Cornet work and is simple, if it has low usage it's because people didn't know it was there.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I do find it annoying that you can't go to the bing homepage. At some point, I guess they will rebrand Bing.com as Cortana.com and replace the backgrounds with a blue circle. At that point, I will probably go back to Google search entirely.
Send feedback to MS , Bing honestly is such a dumb name. Cortana is nice

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I really miss the Rooms feature where our family shared pictures, texts, calendars and OneNote shopping lists. It was so great to do this in one place instead of having to use separate apps. That and dirt cheap price of Lumia 521 was what made us switch to WP. Still on it, but I do miss Rooms...

Nyers

May 30, 2014
Visit site
We used Kids Corner on a daily basis, my kids knew that that is their part so thank you for removing it. There was no development anyway so I do not really understand why it had to be removed... did it take too much space or what?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Two features that are going are fm radio and kids corner, but that is in the redstone builds which aren't over. Are insiders upvoting for keeping them? If you're not, they will disappear

Lagur

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Well for me HERE apps used to be part of Lumia features and we use the offline maps & transit heavily for years. Then few months back they stopped the updates so we will never see them in UWP.

I kind of miss the Games hub too as it declutters/minimizes app list.

Photo hub too... sometimes the only facebook photos I want to see is from the posts of my custom group or phone contacts.

daffetz

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Change is only good if it's for the better. Some things in W10M are an improvement over previous versions but a whole lot are beyond stupid (UI, circle profile pictures, etc).

Stuff I miss from WP:

People/Games/Pictures/Me hubs

Bright accent colors (the accent colors in W10M are so drab)

No games in the app list (we don't even get an option to filter them out)

Auto-hiding system tray

Swipe right to access camera roll

Smooth turnstile animations (now it looks like Android)

A well designed UI (no clunky hamburger menus)

daffetz

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Change is only good if it's for the better. Some things in W10M are an improvement over previous versions but a whole lot are beyond stupid (UI, circle profile pictures, etc).

Stuff I miss from WP:

People/Games/Pictures/Me hubs

Bright accent colors (the accent colors in W10M are so drab)

No games in the app list (we don't even get an option to filter them out)

Auto-hiding system tray

Swipe right to access camera roll

Smooth turnstile animations (now it looks like Android)

A well designed UI (no clunky hamburger menus)

i like the windows 10 accent colours more than the bright accent colours on windows 8.1

daffetz

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Err.. I know of alternatives.

I thought this thread was titled "Removed features : what do you miss the most ?" and not "Removed features : what do you miss the most and alternatives ?"

I was wondering why a good part of the OS was removed. What good is an OS if we need to depend on third party apps for the most basic features ?
They removed the FM radio app, now those who want to listen to FM have to depend on third party apps ??

WTF MSFT ?

Remove the phone and messaging apps as well. Let us depend on third party to provide apps for this crappy OS.

I love Windows 10.

id love the removal of so many other apps to make os less heavy and also to have them on the store for those who may need them., cause most of them are useless to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky