Removed features: What do you miss the most?

brettmilden

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Original camera from Lumina ICON. new app has no close up focus, picture quality is not as sharp in comparison to original. Photos are the 3rd most important function of my smart phone. And the reason I purchased the ICON over Android or Apple phones.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It feels strange to see features in Windows 10 mobile removed, maybe I'm wrong but I think that upgrading should add new features along keeping the existent ones.
They are ADDING, not removing features. Windows 10 is not Windows 8 with removed features but completely new OS which is growing. You can't remove features from something which never had them.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Original camera from Lumina ICON. new app has no close up focus, picture quality is not as sharp in comparison to original. Photos are the 3rd most important function of my smart phone. And the reason I purchased the ICON over Android or Apple phones.

It's hardware dependent, not eligible phones never got a full compatible Win10 (Icon and sibling 9XX serie included).
Windows Camera is better than Lumia Camera on supported devices

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
And lately I miss sms and skype chat integration. would be awesome if more apps could be integrated there or other app that works in similar fashion.

I also liked the facebook messenger integration to the text message app. It meant I only had to have one messaging app. Though I can understand why Facebook would want to have their own app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I also liked the facebook messenger integration to the text message app. It meant I only had to have one messaging app. Though I can understand why Facebook would want to have their own app.

It wasn't a Facebook request, but a bunch of thousands insiders' bad feedbacks about it.
Sincerely, it was a mess.

laevanay

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have flip to silence on my 930.. there's an option in the settings under Extras->touch

Not there with WM10. Flip to Silence was a great feature and an impressive one at that. I was in a meeting presenting when my phone started buzzing. I asked a colleague who was sitting next to where I was before presenting to flip my phone over. He did and it stopped buzzing. I was asked twice that day what app it was to download it to their iPhones. I told them it was a built in feature of the Windows Phone. I was proud of my little phone that day.... never after that.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes you have to cut your "losses" and move on.

You can upvote as much as you want in feedback hub. But there are certain things that Microsoft is just not going to bring back.

Save your breaths, suck it up and move on.

Do you work for the Microsoft Mobile marketing Department?

KidBoom

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Have to add to the Photo app vote, along with the missing of Food, Travel and Fitness apps. Seems like they really went away from being different and unique, UI wise, to matching what other platforms are doing with their UI.

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Not there with WM10. Flip to Silence was a great feature and an impressive one at that. I was in a meeting presenting when my phone started buzzing. I asked a colleague who was sitting next to where I was before presenting to flip my phone over. He did and it stopped buzzing. I was asked twice that day what app it was to download it to their iPhones. I told them it was a built in feature of the Windows Phone. I was proud of my little phone that day.... never after that.

It was *never* part of the OS - so what you're saying is irrelevant. It's part of Nokia's apps that came installed with the phones (and subsequently updated).

My L930 has the latest WM10 insider build, and I have the option. Not sure what app it was that adds the setting, but it's still an option.

Wurstsalat

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hm i miss the Messenger integrations of Twitter, Skype and Facebook...ok not Facebook while i dont use it but Twitter was nice and skype was really cool...the current skype app (includes the unofficial uwp app) just sucks hard, to slow, to blown, missing Features and so on...nope.

I miss the qr scanner badly

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The feature i miss the most that cannot be replaced by some app is the Tap To Unlock feature. God i loved that but my 950 doesn't have it and since then it felt more like a step down then a step up. One that can be replaced but is not as handy would be the QR scanner or FM radio.

Shane Richardson1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Mostly I miss stability and reliability. We may not see those again for a long time. Microsoft is just making me feel like their software team has gone from world's best to middle school coding. A multi-billion dollar company has been working on this for two years and using the Bluetooth toggle still bricks my phone. I open apps and they just close back to the start screen or lock up the phone. Windows Mobile 10 has peaked at 11% and they don't know why? Two years without a new Flagship then they release the 950 and 950xl with hardware that had been out almost a year on Android with an OS that makes Detroit's economy seem stable? Microsoft is better than this! Get it together or this ship is sinking and we don't want Android or iOS! It's like Trump or Hillary, we want another option! Come on Microsoft, do something good!

breaker119

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I quick change in direction as somebody tried to do earlier...My fav things on Win10 Mobile and the primary reasons why I don't go back to 8.1:
- SMS and Skype messaging back together again
- Respond to messages from notification center
- Outlook quick actions (swipe to delete)

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding!! Windows 10 does not have flip to silence!! Seriously?

I'm keeping my 930. Even with the dead mics.

see posts above:
Its back. its pretty buried in the settings but you can turn it on. and it works. Im glad its back. its one of those things that you enable then forget its on until your phone rings.. your hands just seem to remember to flip it, and then you go "..oh yeah that works."

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It was *never* part of the OS - so what you're saying is irrelevant. It's part of Nokia's apps that came installed with the phones (and subsequently updated).

My L930 has the latest WM10 insider build, and I have the option. Not sure what app it was that adds the setting, but it's still an option.

I think it was called gestures beta.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Automatic Quiet Hours based on busy calendar appointments! This was a HUGE feature for me that I badly miss. PLEASE bring this back!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa