W10M Insider Preview 14367 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I've just updated to 14367 from the latest Threshold build today. One problem I notice is that the images on wide live tiles are stretched twice their width. I notice that if I reduce the size of the tile to large (square) they display properly.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Is it new for this build or has it been present in previous builds? Does anybody know a solution?

I haven't done a hard reset since updating.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

Zoomelliott

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
After updating some apps won't load (Candy crush - Camera sight 360 - QR Code Reader ... ) had to uninstall and reinstall again.

From photo app can't set an image to be used as lock screen or background. Gives me the error message "Try a different photo we can't set this one as your background", may be that's why the Dynamic Theme app does not work either.

Store is very slow to load.

Xiaomi MI4

Zoomelliott

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14367 Issues (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Go into setting to change the background or lock screen pic, then it works.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After updating some apps won't load (Candy crush - Camera sight 360 - QR Code Reader ... ) had to uninstall and reinstall again.

From photo app can't set an image to be used as lock screen or background. Gives me the error message "Try a different photo we can't set this one as your background", may be that's why the Dynamic Theme app does not work either.

Store is very slow to load.

Xiaomi MI4

It's a known bug that apps cannot change lock screen/ background right now.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed that I cannot purchase apps / donate with in app??

Example If i'm in an app and click the link to donate, another app opens asking me to verify my Id and prompts for my Microsoft pin. I enter the pin and it just closes and takes me back to the app.

Tried this on more than one apps

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
not really happy with this build..
battery drains drastically over a stable WiFi connection if the phone is kept idle. went to bed with the phone having 53% woke up today morning with exact 19% to spare.
having random reboots , the phone gets "stuck" on the "goodbye" screen before it completely powers down,
today had two random reboots while attempting a regular Bluetooth connection with my car when this never happened on the previous build.
feel Microsoft has broken several things in this build rather than fixing it .

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
battery drains drastically over a stable WiFi connection if the phone is kept idle. went to bed with the phone having 53% woke up today morning with exact 19% to spare.
having random reboots , the phone gets "stuck" on the "goodbye" screen before it completely powers down,
today had two random reboots while attempting a regular Bluetooth connection with my car when this never happened on the previous build.

What phone are you using? I am finding battery life on my 950 good...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Check wich app is draining most and remove it from background. Remember every build set most core apps all ON.
Pretty sure you got Outlook, Health or something else continuous caching in background.
The long Goodbye sign is a feature: now stays till phone is COMPLETELY turned down, on the contrary than before, very useful when needing rebooting or removing battery, sim or sd without the risk of doing it with still powered phone

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Using 950 DS and having no app crashes, battery use excellent(not getting hot), do have the odd problem in photo app where select is missing after using back arrow from a photo, I find it to be of no consequence for me, 14367 is absolutely the best one yet.

No Groove for me, been streaming Plex but I have my own domain name and server. I doubled my battery life by not using Groove, or nearly double on both 950 DS and 950 XL DS. My expectations are that I do not have to charge my phone until I sleep. I have not liked XBox music nor Groove music.

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Icon in Canada.

Apps aren't auto-updating, check for updates doesn't work. Annoying to open an app and then get redirected to the store to get the latest version.

Cortana isn't stable, searches crash, can't seem to get the voice search to work. Will try changing to all US settings later and get back Hey Cortana.

Encountering some issues with Messaging, seems to freeze.

Groove Music (not the latest version with Your Groove, update ain't showing up for me) is still frustrating over bluetooth, slow to respond, need to go previous/next track to start playback. Won't resume playback after getting interrupted.

effoc

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Had very similar issues with not updating or even downloading MSN-apps and systemapps like mail&calendar after hardreseting my device with latest fastring build. Had to open them and getting redirected to the store. Also some Livetiles didn't update. I don't have all these issues with a device, I upgraded from 10586.420 to 14367 without reset.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed that I cannot purchase apps / donate with in app??

Example If i'm in an app and click the link to donate, another app opens asking me to verify my Id and prompts for my Microsoft pin. I enter the pin and it just closes and takes me back to the app.

Tried this on more than one apps

Help with this? :(

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
My 950XL has a long list of background apps and I don't turn any of them off, Hey Cortana and Windows Hello always on and I find the battery when idle pretty solid. It usually goes down by 1% every hour. Last night it went from 53% to 46% from 11pm to 6am. But the drain from using Edge is huge and my phone usually gets pretty warm.

One problem that I found is that even in force HDR mode, the flashlight doesn't work and I ended up getting error when I try to tap on the magic wand button to adjust the lightning. Also, it seems like the Store live tile has stopped working for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)