03-20-2017 01:34 PM
125 ... 345
tools
    Try uninstalling the wallet app, and restarting the phone then reinstalling the wallet app?? It's worked for me on other apps.
    08-02-2016 06:39 PM
    Well, I figured out my problem. Apparently I had changed to Release Preview builds on Insider and that killed my wallet app (I don't really remember doing that, maybe that's whole separate problem haha). Switched back to Fast Ring and all is well again.
    08-03-2016 11:04 AM
    PNC Bank is now supported!!

Just on a whim I checked the official Wallet site, and saw PNC Bank listed. Tried to add my card and it worked perfectly. (Previously it failed on the last step after entering the security code from the back of the card.) Haven't tried to use it at a store yet.

US Bank also went from "Coming Soon" to supported.

PNC was the only new bank listed. The rest were banks the app originally launched with.
    PepperdotNet likes this.
    08-08-2016 02:16 PM
    Curious on your PNC --- did you enroll a debit card or a credit card, or both?
    Just curious because BECU supports their debit card, but not their credit card.

PNC Bank is now supported!!

Just on a whim I checked the official Wallet site, and saw PNC Bank listed. Tried to add my card and it worked perfectly. (Previously it failed on the last step after entering the security code from the back of the card.) Haven't tried to use it at a store yet.

US Bank also went from "Coming Soon" to supported.

PNC was the only new bank listed. The rest were banks the app originally launched with.
    08-09-2016 09:37 AM
    Only debit card. I did try it last night, but the terminal made me put my card in the machine anyway and put my pin in because of the chip. Maybe it was just that store (CVS). I will try others, but if that's how it is, that isn't convenient at all.
    08-09-2016 02:50 PM
    Only debit card. I did try it last night, but the terminal made me put my card in the machine anyway and put my pin in because of the chip. Maybe it was just that store (CVS). I will try others, but if that's how it is, that isn't convenient at all.
    On Samsung Pay and Android Pay, a card with a chip is presented as not being chipped. This makes so the terminal takes it without the chip. This is not a security issue because the apps have their own security protocols.

Does Microsoft Wallet not do it that way? With all cards either already having chips or moving to chips, it seems to me that this is important.
    08-09-2016 02:58 PM
    I will try on more terminals and see how it works.
    08-09-2016 03:00 PM
    I have a PNC debit card, and a PNC BusinessoptionsTM Visa card from my employer. Both enrolled successfully today on the first attempt, after previous failures a few weeks ago.

Capital One MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, Regions Visa debit: still all fail.
    08-09-2016 03:38 PM
    Is there any indication that this will come to older model Lumias? I have an Icon with running 14393.5 and the latest Wallet app but no credit card option yet.
    FXi2 likes this.
    08-10-2016 06:46 AM
    On Samsung Pay and Android Pay, a card with a chip is presented as not being chipped. This makes so the terminal takes it without the chip. This is not a security issue because the apps have their own security protocols.

Does Microsoft Wallet not do it that way? With all cards either already having chips or moving to chips, it seems to me that this is important.
    No, Magnetic Secure Transmission technology (MST) is unique to Samsung Pay: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Pay
    08-10-2016 11:57 AM
    No, Magnetic Secure Transmission technology (MST) is unique to Samsung Pay: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Pay
    Welcome to the forum, pteranodon. Well spotted and thanks for the link.
    pteranodon likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:14 PM
    Thanks, but that is not related to what I was talking about. I am aware of MST and Samsung Pay. My wife has an S6 Edge and uses Samsung Pay all the time. She loves whipping it out at stores that do not have NFC-equipped terminals and watching the expressions generated when she taps her phone to pay!

What I meant was about how the payment apps present the card. If you swipe a card that has a chip, the terminal will reject the swipe (assuming the vendor has the chip reader enabled) because the magnetic swipe includes information identifying the card as having a chip. This results in the terminal requiring use of the chip rather than the swipe.

Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Android Pay do not include the chip information, which means that the terminal does not necessarily know that the card has a chip. As a result, it does not require using the chip. The transaction will proceed using NFC or MST. My thought was that Microsoft Wallet might include the information identifying the card as having a chip, resulting in the terminal requiring using the chip.
    libra89, pteranodon and Joe920 like this.
    08-10-2016 12:48 PM
    Try uninstalling the wallet app, and restarting the phone then reinstalling the wallet app?? It's worked for me on other apps.
    Microsoft Wallet app can't be uninstalled.
    08-10-2016 01:38 PM
    Is there any indication that this will come to older model Lumias? I have an Icon with running 14393.5 and the latest Wallet app but no credit card option yet.
    Supported Lumia Phones for HCE:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/KristianT...57748436451328
    08-10-2016 11:09 PM
    Thanks pteranodon. I did a quick search on HCE and also found this. Looks like I'm gonna have to change phones if I really want this feature...

NFC Tap to Pay may only come to newer Windows 10 Mobile phones | Windows Central
    pteranodon and tgp like this.
    08-11-2016 09:07 AM
    Thanks pteranodon. I did a quick search on HCE and also found this. Looks like I'm gonna have to change phones if I really want this feature...

NFC Tap to Pay may only come to newer Windows 10 Mobile phones | Windows Central
    That is a 2-month-old article. Maybe not everything applies anymore.

It is also possible that Microsoft is looking at the relatively low number of older WPs to begin with, and they are being phased out. It just simply might not be worth it for the small (and shrinking) number of devices affected by this decision. (Hey, where have we heard that before? )
    libra89 likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:57 AM
    LOL...the truth is so painful!
    08-11-2016 12:23 PM
    im on fast preview also and my debit cards dissapeared from wallet now too :-/
    08-12-2016 01:10 PM
    Neither my B of A debit nor my gfs seems to work. Just says verify info. My Chase cards and others added even tho they aren't supported which was cool.
    08-12-2016 08:03 PM
    ok i was able to add my new first tech federal credit union card today but it is stuck on "verification required" when i called them they said they dont support microsoft wallet. Even though they are listed as supported - do you guys think I just talked to someone who didnt know? Thanks !
    pteranodon likes this.
    08-19-2016 08:51 PM
    when i called them they said they dont support microsoft wallet.
    Are you sure that whoever you talked to knew what they were talking about? I've found that these CS reps usually know little, at least about this type of thing.
    pteranodon likes this.
    08-19-2016 11:18 PM
    Are you sure that whoever you talked to knew what they were talking about? I've found that these CS reps usually know little, at least about this type of thing.
    talked to a different person and they said the rep was probably confused because android only works with their credit cards. So she was able to add my debit card and now my wallet works. Now to find a terminal that uses it - and hopefully it works with my case/wallet
    tgp and pteranodon like this.
    08-23-2016 07:51 AM
    Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Android Pay do not include the chip information, which means that the terminal does not necessarily know that the card has a chip. As a result, it does not require using the chip. The transaction will proceed using NFC or MST. My thought was that Microsoft Wallet might include the information identifying the card as having a chip, resulting in the terminal requiring using the chip.
    In the UK we've had "chip&pin" cards for years, but it doesn't affect use with NFC terminals.

Most of our cards are now "contactless" cards also, which just means an NFC chip in the card. No PIN required as it's limited to small transactions. Though every now and again it will insist on inserting the card. Android/Apple pay etc I believe can have higher limits. I think because the phone can do an extra layer of authorisation and can authorise with back end servers.

There's also a basic NFC tap to pay with phones, that's been going for years but less popular, and that's basically same as simple contactless cards. Doesn't even need the phone to be on or battery charged, as it uses the NFC wire plus authorisation from a special SIM. Problem is you're limited to the one card the operator has a deal with. EE in the UK had this going for a while, but I think it's been discontinued. Now it's all going towards apps (which means phone needs to be working to tap to pay).
    tgp and pteranodon like this.
    12-08-2016 02:17 PM
    Android/Apple pay etc I believe can have higher limits
    I have not heard of any transaction limits for those. I'm using Seqr Tap and Pay which does not have a transaction limit.
    12-09-2016 09:36 AM
    Is it my imagination or at some point in MS Wallet's history, American Express was supported?
    03-20-2017 01:34 PM
125 ... 345