Wallet 2.0 with NFC Tap to Pay is now rolling out to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring (US only)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
When I clicked on the link in the article on my 950 XL, I got a message saying it wouldn't work on my device. I then went to the store and searched "Wallet" and found an update available to 2.0. I got it fully installed however all of my cards come up as not compatible. The link to the page that is supposed to list the valid cards goes to a page not found. Has anyone found a list of compatible cards?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
When I clicked on the link in the article on my 950 XL, I got a message saying it wouldn't work on my device. I then went to the store and searched "Wallet" and found an update available to 2.0. I got it fully installed however all of my cards come up as not compatible. The link to the page that is supposed to list the valid cards goes to a page not found. Has anyone found a list of compatible cards?

Just checked here in Italy, there's the new 2.0 but it doesn't got any debit card / credit card category

GothardJ2

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
What are the compatible cards for Wallet 2.0 Tap-to-Pay?

Use this forum for adding cards that you found have worked with the new Wallet 2.0 Tap to Pay feature

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wallet 2.0 NFC Tap to Pay Supported Cards

Supported cards/banks for Tap to Pay:
-Bank of America
-US Bank
-BECU
-First Tech​
-People's United Bank
-Virginia Credit Union
-Chase (coming soon)
-​Fifth Third Bank (coming soon)

Supported phones for Tap to Pay:
-Lumia 950
-Lumia 950XL
-Lumia 650
-Lumia 650 Dual SIM

Let me know which ones work and I'll update this thread!
See also microsoft.com/en-us/wallet

Last edited:

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: What are the compatible cards for Wallet 2.0 Tap-to-Pay?

I understand the purpose of this topic is primarily to get first hand feedback, but I just want to note that microsoft.com/wallet has a list of currently supported banks as well as coming-soon ones.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: What are the compatible cards for Wallet 2.0 Tap-to-Pay?

I understand the purpose of this topic is primarily to get first hand feedback, but I just want to note that microsoft.com/wallet has a list of currently supported banks as well as coming-soon ones.

Thank you for the link! Didn't know Microsoft had a site up yet

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Sucks that wells fargo is not on that list as they are my bank and a very very big player as far as banks go in the U.S.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Wallet 2.0 NFC Tap to Pay Supported Cards

I dont really understand mobile payments because ive been a windows phone/mobile user since 2011...WP7. Can someone briefly explain or point me to a source that goes over how this is different than Apple pay, Android pay, Samsung pay...etc. If a store supports Apple pay are they only supporting payments for Apple phones and nothing else will work? Why not just make nfc tap 2 pay the umbrella and not limit it to a specific device and/or carrier? (I know that is probably a very naive and ignorant statement I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out.)

Also the cards supported on MS website say Visa and Mastercard...and then list the banks so even though i have Visa i HAVE to have one of the banks for it to work correct? Visa on Wells Fargo will not work currently?

Because ive seen some card readers that say Apple Pay supported or Android Pay supported...what would a company/restaurant/etc have to say so that i know Tap to pay on Windows 10 mobile will work?

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wallet 2.0 NFC Tap to Pay Supported Cards

Supported cards/banks for Tap to Pay:
-Bank of America
-US Bank
-BECU
-First Tech​
-People's United Bank
-Virginia Credit Union
-Chase (coming soon)
-​Fifth Third Bank (coming soon)

Supported phones for Tap to Pay:
-Lumia 950
-Lumia 950XL
-Lumia 650
-Lumia 650 Dual SIM

Let me know which ones work and I'll update this thread!
See also microsoft.com/en-us/wallet

US Bank should be in the coming soon

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Pointless when there's battery any phones that work. The 640 and 640 XL are only a year old and aren't on the list

Sent from mTalk

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues GETTING the update? I'm in the US with a 950 XL updated to the latest Redstone build and it keeps saying there's no update. Is this rolling out gradually to users?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss