Wallet 2.0 with NFC Tap to Pay is now rolling out to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring (US only)

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Have a proper read of this thread, it says clearly 950XL 950 and 650.

Thanks, I can read, however 930 has NFC as well and is compatible with many other features of the 950s. I just happened to look at Wallet on it after the latest build downloaded and as I always do, ran through my settings and programs to see which may have changed.The point was that my 650 didn't and so far still can't get Wallet 2 at all, whereas it downloaded easily into my 930 automatically with the newest build.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I can read, however 930 has NFC as well and is compatible with many other features of the 950s. I just happened to look at Wallet on it after the latest build downloaded and as I always do, ran through my settings and programs to see which may have changed.The point was that my 650 didn't and so far still can't get Wallet 2 at all, whereas it downloaded easily into my 930 automatically with the newest build.

my 1520 has NFC too, but not compatible with the new wallet NFC payment, my 950 has to wait 2 days to get the wallet updated.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

My 650 got Wallet 2.0, but I'm in Italy so it's deprecated for now

AaronNanto

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Got the update yesterday, added my Bank of America debit card to it, and bought both breakfast and lunch with tap to pay....you have to touch the phone to the reader twice (first time to initialize the payment) then the phone has to verify it is you (I have the 950XL). I wish it would just accept the transaction the first time you tap the phone to the reader but I'm just happy for the feature....

With that being said, I'm now on my 2nd day with tap to pay and just tried to pay for breakfast. The phone failed to do anything when tapped my phone to the reader. Tap to Pay was verified ON. I just rebooted the phone and will try again for lunch....

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I know my unlocked Lumia 640 XL doesn't support tap to pay, but I finally got the new Wallet 2.0.16160.0 app after checking for updates for the past 2 days. My phone also found these 11 Microsoft-published app updates at the same time.

• Movies & TV
  • MSN Weather
  • OneDrive
  • MSN Sports
  • OneNote
  • Windows Camera
  • Windows Voice Recorder
  • Windows Alarms & Clock
  • Windows Calculator
  • Groove Music
  • Microsoft Health

lanman80

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Wallet 2.0 updated on my 950XL this morning (AT&T), but my BECU Visa is not compatible. BECU is supposed to be a participating bank, maybe the debit card, but I don't have one.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Why can the 640 XL 3g get it but not LTE and regular 640?

Will the list of phones be updated to include more phones?

Sent from mTalk

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why can the 640 XL 3g get it but not LTE and regular 640?

Will the list of phones be updated to include more phones?

I think the list will be expanded. The Lumia 640XL 3g doesn't currently have the tap to pay feature enabled, only the 950, 950XL and the 650. But the Lumia 640XL 3g is at least on the MasterCard HCE approved list. An interesting detail on that list is that all approved Lumia's have the 08.01.22 NFC firmware version but the Lumia 640 also has that firmware version so could possibly be approved later as well. Since some relatively old Android phones also work with Android Pay it is also possible that some more older Lumia's could be approved later as well probably in combination with a NFC firmware update.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay I too got Wallet 2 along with a number of other updates today, but I haven't found a place to use it yet. My question is, if you put more than one card into the Credit & Debit Card area of Wallet, does one become the default? Is there a way to change at payment time?

Under Settings>NFC it simply lists the default payment card as Microsoft Wallet.

Also when I open Wallet all my Loyalty cards are shown graphically, but none of the several credit or debit cards are shown in Payment unless I tap the + sign to add another card.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Been thinking of going back into the insider program, just for this app... However, my Bank, USAA, doesn't support HCE just yet. I received a reply from their support that they will be supporting Android's tap to pay by the end of the year... Although they didn't specifically mention HCE, I assume that's the route they are heading. There isn't another version of tap to pay on Android that doesn't use HCE, is there?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So I got a response back from Ally Bank... They said they are looking into bringing the feature to their customers, but they are weighing their options. So everyone keep spamming them!

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Got the update yesterday, added my Bank of America debit card to it, and bought both breakfast and lunch with tap to pay....you have to touch the phone to the reader twice (first time to initialize the payment) then the phone has to verify it is you (I have the 950XL). I wish it would just accept the transaction the first time you tap the phone to the reader but I'm just happy for the feature....

With that being said, I'm now on my 2nd day with tap to pay and just tried to pay for breakfast. The phone failed to do anything when tapped my phone to the reader. Tap to Pay was verified ON. I just rebooted the phone and will try again for lunch....

I just tap and pay at Trader Joe's, just one touched, works seamless

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried adding a BofA credit card and it said it wasn't supported yet. Anyone else having problems adding cards that are supposed to work?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just went back to the fast ring and my wallet APP version is still 1.1 can't find 2.0 in the store, I have a Lumia 950 and the latest fast ring release which is all supported. Any idea's?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Successful added Bank of America card. But when using at CVS terminal, it ask to put card in to scan the "chip". Card is chipless....so couldn't complete the transaction

Last edited:

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I just went back to the fast ring and my wallet APP version is still 1.1 can't find 2.0 in the store, I have a Lumia 950 and the latest fast ring release which is all supported. Any idea's?
it took 48 hours for my 950 to see the update after jumping back on the fast ring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss