07-15-2016 07:08 PM
221 1234 ...
tools
    I just updated my ICON 929 to 14371. I think it was the fastest update for me ever - 55 minutes start to finish.

I'm not a rabid tester though. All I can say is so far so good

Peace. Alan
    06-22-2016 12:58 PM
    While listening to groove over BT speaker, I had a lot of cutting in and out. hope that settles down and stabilizes. No Problem with Savi 720 HS on BT, so that's good.
    06-22-2016 02:19 PM
    No fix for Apps Corner in this build. still broken as it was in previous build. Was hoping I could Actually Use the Apps Corner with this build.

back to waiting on the fence for the Apps Corner to work like Kids Corner.......
    06-22-2016 02:47 PM
    No fix for Apps Corner in this build. still broken as it was in previous build. Was hoping I could Actually Use the Apps Corner with this build.

back to waiting on the fence for the Apps Corner to work like Kids Corner.......
    What was broken about it?
    Apps Corner works fine for me on my Lumia 640 on 14371. Had set it up a few builds ago.

One thing about Apps Corner that is annoying is that the "Pin to Start" is just the Apps Corner settings page - it would be nice to be able to pin a tile that will actually enter the kiosk mode.
    06-22-2016 04:54 PM
    Just keep getting Error 0x80310000 "there were problems installing some updates" ?
    06-22-2016 06:50 PM
    Still having problems with store stuck on splash screen. Soft Reset fixes sometimes it until it decides to bug out again.
    06-22-2016 07:55 PM
    Cortana works well in supported countries, stop sayn nonsense. In that last build is even faster and read incoming messages from a single user all togheter, at last

When ever i Hard reset on the Redstone builds, then this problem with Hey Cortana not working comes. It promt you to ''turn Cortana on'' to do the voice training but Cortana is already active. So to me is a known issue. Hope they fix that too.
    06-22-2016 10:53 PM
    Has anyone had problems with notifications on this build? I don't seem to be getting banners or sounds for a lot of notifications. Everything seems to be in the notification centre, I'm just not alerted when the notifications come in.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew
    06-23-2016 01:46 AM
    Has anyone had problems with notifications on this build? I don't seem to be getting banners or sounds for a lot of notifications. Everything seems to be in the notification centre, I'm just not alerted when the notifications come in.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew
    turn all switches ON except Kepp private in lock screen, then change sounds from Default to anything. Last step, reboot phone.
    Sometimes after an upgrade, notifies loose some setting
    06-23-2016 02:39 AM
    I had two issue on previous build, low battery life and messaging not working sometime, to confirm if this is just my phone, I restored it to Windows Phone 8.1, all was good. Now going to try this new build to check if they have fixed anything.
    06-23-2016 04:10 AM
    I had two issue on previous build, low battery life and messaging not working sometime, to confirm if this is just my phone, I restored it to Windows Phone 8.1, all was good. Now going to try this new build to check if they have fixed anything.
    Did you read the official release news? they are investigating battery drain on specific older models (chipset o.s. iussue)
    06-23-2016 04:18 AM
    on my 1520 the batt. life is great, lost about 3% overnight and it last all day with moderate use.
    Sunil kumar Teki likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:36 AM
    Did you read the official release news? they are investigating battery drain on specific older models (chipset o.s. iussue)
    Right, but I'm on new device
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-23-2016 06:08 AM
    Originally posted by Y C Neo
    Hi, anybody know how the "Continue App Experiences" works? The other device need to be on the same build?
    Your PC needs to be on the same build as it has the same toggle.

To use the future in its infancy, do the following:

On your PC and mobile make sure you are signed into the same live id accounts.

Open Cortana on PC
    Type or say: Directions to work (or whatever place you wish)

It should open the maps app on your PC
    At the same time in a brief moment you should see a Cortana notification with a message about directions, tap it and you will be take to a navigation screen, OR you can dismiss it and then open it later from action center when you get in your car.

Now devs need to think about and implement this in their apps...
    Last edited by mortici; 06-23-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Y C Neo likes this.
    06-23-2016 07:46 AM
    The only thing weird for me with this build is that incoming e-mail notifications are *really* delayed. I have two ActiveSync accounts and one Hotmail account, and all incoming e-mail is late by between 5 minutes and half an hour. Previously it was instantaneous.
    Weird, because I'd expect that to be an App thing, not an OS thing.

But slowly, most of my earlier complaints are being resolved. For me, battery life seems pretty much the same as always (on my 830), at roughly 3%/hour under "normal" usage. But presumably my "normal" differs from everybody else. ;-)
    06-23-2016 07:55 AM
    Well, after a full day and night's usage on this this build (950XL DS), I can report that the great battery life on standby that I saw in the last build continues. Also, battery life while using the device seems to have improved markedly and the device does not get hot (or as hot) while using Edge or playing games, as it did on the last build.

I noted on the last build that it was the first Fast Ring build that seemed polished to me; that trend continues. There are still issues (Hey Cortana doesn't work smoothly for me, Store live tile is intermittent, charger is sometimes not recognized, etc.) but the OS is clearly being optimized. I expect further polishing and not too many new features in the run-up to the Anniversary update.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-23-2016 08:09 AM
    I'm back to production build. The lock screen not responding bug (at least on my 950XL) was annoying most of the times even after a hard reset. I liked the overall smoothness of the build but the UX still needs to be polished (especially the action center notifications). Overall it's looking good for next month's release.

Edit: I'm still running the fast ring build on my 1520, no bugs found so far. The build is smooth and battery life on LTE is also great.
    06-23-2016 08:36 AM
    I have to say that, for my 950XL, single SIM, a recurring bug is the charger not charging the device when connected (via the wall socket). You have to restart the device, with the device connected to the charger and then, after it restarts, it starts charging again.
    06-23-2016 08:38 AM
    I have to say that, for my 950XL, single SIM, a recurring bug is the charger not charging the device when connected (via the wall socket). You have to restart the device, with the device connected to the charger and then, after it restarts, it starts charging again.
    I've experienced this bug (or one very similar) on this build and most of the past 2-3 builds before it (except the last one) on my 950XL DS. One thing that seems to help is to make sure the charger is powered BEFORE plugging in your device. For example, yesterday I got into my car, plugged the phone into the car charger and then started the car. Big mistake. The phone would not go on charge - acted like the charger was not even plugged in.

Also, for me at least, it's not necessary to leave the charger plugged into the phone when you restart to fix it. If I unplug the charger from the phone and then power off the phone, it will restart by itself. If I then connect a powered charger, the phone will charge normally.
    06-23-2016 09:15 AM
    Battery life on my 950 XL DS US. This latest build is a huge improvement for me. Last night I forgot to plug my phone in. A very rare occurrence for me and probably most WP users. I expected to find my phone dead or nearly dead. I was woken by my alarm, found my phone in the other room and to my surprise, it still had 75% left! It had about 90% when I went to bed. Nothing is turned off. I have made no special battery saving settings changes, everything is running as designed. I'm impressed!
    06-23-2016 09:46 AM
    you can assign apps to Apps Corner but cannot pin Apps Corner to Start Screen.
    so right now, I cannot Pin Apps Corner to Start Screen which makes it hard to get to.
    Apps Corner is still very sluggish and still has not addressed the layout issue or the Live Tile 'clearing' when you exit Apps Corner.
    Still no where near as good as Kids Corner was, yet they went ahead and removed Kids Corner (IMHO) for a more inferior app.
    Jackson Ombati likes this.
    06-23-2016 10:02 AM
    Edge works again.

Good for Enterprise is completely broken now.
    06-23-2016 10:25 AM
    For people still blaming for overheating and overdraining:
    I made a test, listenin streaming music in a poor 3G/4G area, and....

Q.E.D.

(which is what had to be proven)
    06-23-2016 10:30 AM
    Minor issue, the US keyboard got added alongside the UK keyboard... I was wondering why I suddenly had the country code appearing on the space-bar.
    06-23-2016 10:37 AM
    I had an incoming call this morning, the ringtone played normal for about 1 second, then it started making a buzzing noise, I could only see part of the top of the screen, and immediately it rebooted.

950XL DS on AT&T
    06-23-2016 03:47 PM
221 1234 ...