W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Yeah now they not even bother to fix it nor mention it in their bug list but still keep bla bla bla about how good and glorious their Cortana... Ignorance f**ls foresee sooner will go down like the old all hail n*Kia, just wait for their future announcement of retreat from mobile business...

Cortana works well in supported countries, stop sayn nonsense. In that last build is even faster and read incoming messages from a single user all togheter, at last

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

Known issue. I was glad to see them make mention of it. The notice says:

• We're investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520 (devices with SoC 8974 chipsets).

Yes, although ironically this build is working so much better for me battery wise than 14367. Yesterday, one of the hottest days of the year so far in London, I felt like I was walking around with a furnace in my pocket as opposed to my L930. Not helped by having to plug it into battery pack every hour or two, just to keep it alive.

Today, having updated to the new build, its fine - no rogue background tasks running riot.

I guess that means the problem they are tracking is one of those "doesn't happen to everyone" jobs, which probably doesn't help hem fix it!

zipgenius

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

Hello.
I still have problems while deploying my UWP app to my Lumia 950XL. The UWP deployment should be fixed now but I still have it and all I get in VS2015 is "DEP0001 Unexpcted Error: -1988945906".
I didn't hard reset after upgrade.

Any advice?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

My power button sometimes does not unlock the lock screen after a call, it stays black until I try a couple of times. This is on a 950XL without a hard reset.

Edit: A reboot fixes is temporarily. Looks like the issue is with the Ambient Light/Proximity sensor. Disabling auto brightness helps.

Last edited:

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

If I power off my phone and puch the On/Off Buttonduring the goodbye screen, I can switch off the screen and glance screen switches on. When I push the button again, the goodbye is there again and the nav bar at the bottom. But the phone won't shut down, if it is in this state. I have to press the On/Off button again for a few seconds.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I just updated my ICON 929 to 14371. I think it was the fastest update for me ever - 55 minutes start to finish.

I'm not a rabid tester though. All I can say is so far so good :winktongue:

Peace. Alan

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

While listening to groove over BT speaker, I had a lot of cutting in and out. hope that settles down and stabilizes. No Problem with Savi 720 HS on BT, so that's good.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

No fix for Apps Corner in this build. still broken as it was in previous build. Was hoping I could Actually Use the Apps Corner with this build.

back to waiting on the fence for the Apps Corner to work like Kids Corner.......

Daniel B1

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

No fix for Apps Corner in this build. still broken as it was in previous build. Was hoping I could Actually Use the Apps Corner with this build.

back to waiting on the fence for the Apps Corner to work like Kids Corner.......
What was broken about it?
Apps Corner works fine for me on my Lumia 640 on 14371. Had set it up a few builds ago.

One thing about Apps Corner that is annoying is that the "Pin to Start" is just the Apps Corner settings page - it would be nice to be able to pin a tile that will actually enter the kiosk mode.

LCpl Woof

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

Just keep getting Error 0x80310000 "there were problems installing some updates" ?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Still having problems with store stuck on splash screen. Soft Reset fixes sometimes it until it decides to bug out again.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

Cortana works well in supported countries, stop sayn nonsense. In that last build is even faster and read incoming messages from a single user all togheter, at last

When ever i Hard reset on the Redstone builds, then this problem with Hey Cortana not working comes. It promt you to ''turn Cortana on'' to do the voice training but Cortana is already active. So to me is a known issue. Hope they fix that too.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had problems with notifications on this build? I don't seem to be getting banners or sounds for a lot of notifications. Everything seems to be in the notification centre, I'm just not alerted when the notifications come in.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone had problems with notifications on this build? I don't seem to be getting banners or sounds for a lot of notifications. Everything seems to be in the notification centre, I'm just not alerted when the notifications come in.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

turn all switches ON except Kepp private in lock screen, then change sounds from Default to anything. Last step, reboot phone.
Sometimes after an upgrade, notifies loose some setting

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I had two issue on previous build, low battery life and messaging not working sometime, to confirm if this is just my phone, I restored it to Windows Phone 8.1, all was good. Now going to try this new build to check if they have fixed anything.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I had two issue on previous build, low battery life and messaging not working sometime, to confirm if this is just my phone, I restored it to Windows Phone 8.1, all was good. Now going to try this new build to check if they have fixed anything.

Did you read the official release news? they are investigating battery drain on specific older models (chipset o.s. iussue)

brian770

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

on my 1520 the batt. life is great, lost about 3% overnight and it last all day with moderate use.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Originally posted by Y C Neo
Hi, anybody know how the "Continue App Experiences" works? The other device need to be on the same build?

Your PC needs to be on the same build as it has the same toggle.

To use the future in its infancy, do the following:

On your PC and mobile make sure you are signed into the same live id accounts.

Open Cortana on PC
Type or say: Directions to work (or whatever place you wish)

It should open the maps app on your PC
At the same time in a brief moment you should see a Cortana notification with a message about directions, tap it and you will be take to a navigation screen, OR you can dismiss it and then open it later from action center when you get in your car.

Now devs need to think about and implement this in their apps...

Last edited:

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The only thing weird for me with this build is that incoming e-mail notifications are *really* delayed. I have two ActiveSync accounts and one Hotmail account, and all incoming e-mail is late by between 5 minutes and half an hour. Previously it was instantaneous.
Weird, because I'd expect that to be an App thing, not an OS thing.

But slowly, most of my earlier complaints are being resolved. For me, battery life seems pretty much the same as always (on my 830), at roughly 3%/hour under "normal" usage. But presumably my "normal" differs from everybody else. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05