W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

With this latest build, 14372, I have a phantom app update. Windows Voice Recorder wants to update but, when I try, every time it fails with 0x80004005 as the error code. Other applications on my 950XL on this same build have updated fine (Facebook Beta, for example). How can I get Windows Voice Recorder to update also?

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Is it just me? or the charging bug is still there? Charge for 20 minutes and I only got 1% -_-

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Are you sure your phone isn't draining? it is hotter than usual charge?

No it's not draining. This bug is present since i tried the last three builds. but the charging issue is not there on official TH builds :(
I can easily charge my phone on TH but here on Redstone it has some trouble charging.. my phone is Lumia 535 btw.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

No it's not draining. This bug is present since i tried the last three builds. but the charging issue is not there on official TH builds :(
I can easily charge my phone on TH but here on Redstone it has some trouble charging.. my phone is Lumia 535 btw.

Try a soft reset for now

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

battery life has been great so far.. usually i am at about 70% at this time of the day but with this build i still have 89%
few things noticed with this build (14372)
1. lock screen occasionally freezes, phone has rebooted twice after pulling down the action center panel
2. The Bluetooth quick toggle seems to be broken.
3. The Bluetooth connectivity with my car is much better than the previous builds, however the track name is sometimes displayed and sometimes isn't

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Can't you use voice recorder? I have it in my phone app, 950XL DS. I haven't used it yet but am planing on experimenting this weekend.

Voice Recorder is the app used in my Call Recording, when it is available; currently grayed out. My Windows Voice Recorder also fails to open:( - Last updated on 6/16, version: 10.1605.1582.0.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Maybe I am by accident. How do I unfollow?

Kerry,
> click on your picture (top of page, on left)
> Select your ID name, from the drop-down menu
> Select "Manage Follows" from the fly-out menu

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Kerry,
> click on your picture (top of page, on left)
> Select your ID name, from the drop-down menu
> Select "Manage Follows" from the fly-out menu

Thanks. I had accidentally subscribed to this thread.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
With this latest build, 14372, I have a phantom app update. Windows Voice Recorder wants to update but, when I try, every time it fails with 0x80004005 as the error code. Other applications on my 950XL on this same build have updated fine (Facebook Beta, for example). How can I get Windows Voice Recorder to update also?

ATT L950 with exactly the same issue and error code.

BTW, battery has been great on the last two builds. 10:00 pm, 100%. Next morning, 7:00 am, 96%. Phone, cellular data, wifi all on. Bluetooth off.

Last edited:

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site

As instructed, I am posting this here, hoping someone has some insight.

As of build 14371 (I think) there are random times when I can't adjust the volume while playing music with Groove. Neither volume+ or volume- work and as soon as I unlock the screen it works. However, sometimes it will work just fine, but 7/10 times it will not allow me to change the playback volume.

By no means a deal breaker, as I'm very happy with the last few RS builds (well yeah, maybe save for battery performance, which kind of sucks a little) but I'm sure I should be able to adjust the volume with the screen off.

Any ideas, tips, similar experiences?

[lumia 640ds, running latest Redstone build)

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, so on 13471 and still on 13472 it seems that the sync interval for the Mail app is stuck at "every 15 minutes", no matter what you actually set it to. I knew there was a delay, but this morning I actually timed it, and I only get notifications every 15 minutes (I have them all set to As Items Arrive).
I tried recreating an account, and also manually adjusting the sync settings to something else, then soft reset, then back. But it always goes back to a 15-minute interval.
Weird, because I'd expect this to be an app thing, and the app hasn't updated recently (that I recall).

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Hey Kerry,

That is disappointing to hear, I will keep an eye out for the charging issue on this build, I didn't have one instance on 14367; I was hoping it was fixed for good!

> Call recorder is still grayed out.

Call recorder grayed out happened to me every time after updated a new build, but it'll comes back after a while.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Call recorder grayed out happened to me every time after updated a new build, but it'll comes back after a while.
I had it re-appear two builds ago, like you said, but not since. Plus, Windows Voice Recorder does not open. I am sure it will be available, the sooner the better";^)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

ATT L950 with exactly the same issue and error code.

BTW, battery has been great on the last two builds. 10:00 pm, 100%. Next morning, 7:00 am, 96%. Phone, cellular data, wifi all on. Bluetooth off.

Well, at least I am not the only one. The last time I had this it affected Microsoft Health and I had to hard reset. I don't really want to do that again so soon.

Bob Sled

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone experienced an issue with the text autocorrect on Build 14371? It's correcting properly-spelt words to ones that don't fit the phrase and driving me nuts! The 'corrected' words are in the dictionary of course. Here's a few examples:

- Old codger -> Old coffee
- Data retention -> Data detention
- You cant -> You cant. (instead of suggesting or correcting you can't, it leaves the word and suggests I end the sentence)

Other instances of simple typos not being picked up are aplenty; I do NOT recall this in any previous build of Windows Phone / Windows 10M.

Nagesh Boppana

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Just got the update to People app and live tile does not show pictures anymore :(

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having issues with maps finding your location? It first popped up for me in the last build, 371. When I go in to the maps app and click on the location button, it immediately brings up an error message that says "we can't find your exact location. Do you want to set up a default location to use when this happens?" It does find my location, and I thought maybe this had to do with the new map update, but I first found this the other day when I tried to use Waze and it couldn't lock in. Waze still won't lock in after last night's update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans