W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

I have the same issue on my 950 XL with call recording. Phone settings says no compatible apps and Voice Recorder crashes upon trying to open. No update available which is what I'm assuming needs to happen.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Same problem here with call/voice recorder (950XL) :-(

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Anyone having issues with maps finding your location?

Yes it does it when I toggle the location button.

When I open the app, it appears to locate me (shows that I am home, anyway). But, when I toggle the location button, I get "We can't find your exact location. Do you want to set up a default location to use when this happen?"; I have not set a default location, so I don't know if this is required, or necessary - I am afraid that if I set but a default location, it could prove detrimental when travelling.

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

My 830 still fails to install this update...tries...fails...tries...fails...

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Anyone having issues with maps finding your location? It first popped up for me in the last build, 371. When I go in to the maps app and click on the location button, it immediately brings up an error message that says "we can't find your exact location. Do you want to set up a default location to use when this happens?" It does find my location, and I thought maybe this had to do with the new map update, but I first found this the other day when I tried to use Waze and it couldn't lock in. Waze still won't lock in after last night's update.

Working OK for me (950XL DS), as is Waze.

Ed Grof

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Is Gadgets working for anyone? It still can't find any accessories. If anyone has a fix, please post. Thanks.

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site

Screen does not time out and lock anymore. Wake up intermittently still not working. Hit the app-drop down and the whole phone freezes and restarts. Bluetooth now plays for about 20 mins and nothing again through speakers.

950XL dual Sim

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Voice Recorder is the app used in my Call Recording, when it is available; currently grayed out. My Windows Voice Recorder also fails to open:( - Last updated on 6/16, version: 10.1605.1582.0.

I just did a hard reset, I had been in the habit of resetting after each new build, I have not though for at least three so I had time and had some odd behaviors so I did it. Build 14372.

I selected voice recorder for Settings>System>Phone>Default Apps. I made a call and recorded it. Unlocked 950XL DS on AT&T, thought I'd give you the update. Yesterday voice recorder was having failures to update, I noticed the download icon in the store and it was failing to update. All good now.

hashturf

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I have got the slow charging issues since 14371 build, it does not recognize the charger most of the time and says the device is charging slowly please use the charger that came witht he device; i turnoff the phone and plug the charger ; it works then; but after that same issue; i need to keep turning off and trying to charge ; it doesnot even charge with the USB although it doesnot say slow charging but just doesnt charge. hope they fix the issue in next build

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Battery life on idle seems to be much better than the Threshold builds, in use feels similar.

Only problem is, after a factory reset, flight mode is gone from the Action centre.

950XL, DS

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having issues with maps finding your location?.

On my 1520, it very accurate... Even got my house number correct.
... gonna check it on my 830. Previously it was always off by 50m-100m

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

the people tile on my 550 does not show pictures either done a hard reset but still the same will and when will they come back

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I have got the slow charging issues since 14371 build, it does not recognize the charger most of the time and says the device is charging slowly please use the charger that came witht he device; i turnoff the phone and plug the charger ; it works then; but after that same issue; i need to keep turning off and trying to charge ; it doesnot even charge with the USB although it doesnot say slow charging but just doesnt charge. hope they fix the issue in next build

Where does it say that? I always wanted to know if it is fast charging or not, but couldn't find a way other than charging it for some minutes and guess if it was fast enough for a quick charge or not. :D

edit: Okay, I had the same problem as you right now. It wasn't quickcharging until I restarted my phone.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

the people tile on my 550 does not show pictures either done a hard reset but still the same will and when will they come back

That's a stupid tile wich disappear after every app update, for coming back one night later, unuseful loosing time for that

Paganmoon

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

since the update yesterday, I'm not getting my e-mails in the notification center anymore, see I've got mail on lock screen, but nothing in Notification Center. Also, the update seems to have once again broken Fitbit sync compatibility. Disconnects from the Fitbit tracker before it can complete the sync.

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

How do I get actually the latest build?
I have a lumia 925
slow ring insider

If I search for an update, it says its up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo