W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

How do I get actually the latest build?
I have a lumia 925
slow ring insider

If I search for an update, it says its up to date.

Switch to the Fast Ring and then search for updates again. Backup your device first.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

I just did a hard reset, I had been in the habit of resetting after each new build, I have not though for at least three so I had time and had some odd behaviors so I did it. Build 14372.

I selected voice recorder for Settings>System>Phone>Default Apps. I made a call and recorded it. Unlocked 950XL DS on AT&T, thought I'd give you the update. Yesterday voice recorder was having failures to update, I noticed the download icon in the store and it was failing to update. All good now.

HUGE mistake to do a hard reset!

I have been in the habit of resetting after each redstone update, and some others have also recommended doing so as well. The reasoning being that unusual behavior could be the result of the update.

I have thoroughly enjoyed these last Redstone builds, in fact I almost stopped installing them three or four releases ago and I was going to wait for an "official" release. Well I wanted the wallet update, the "Hey Cortana" feature, and besides I seem to enjoy subjecting myself to bugs in order to get the next greatest build! LOL!

My problem was now that Cortana is reading incoming texts while using Bluetooth, if a second text was received while she is asking if you want to read it? or ignore it? she will proceed to start asking you what to do with the second text before the disposition of the first was completed and consequently both would fail and the audio I was listening to would not resume.

So I did a reset, in retrospect that was a mistake....the store and other apps randomly shut down, the store freezes after typing two letters of a search word. So I start over, do a slow ring update and I intend to use it a day before going to fast ring. Just a warning that if your phone is running "pretty good" on 14372 leave it alone! LOL!!

950XL DS

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

How do I get actually the latest build?
I have a lumia 925
slow ring insider

If I search for an update, it says its up to date.

That's because you can't. Your phone is not Win10 eligible, so it can only access to Threshold updates in Release Preview Ring, Not Redstone in other rings.

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I'm not so familiar with these "redstone" or "AT&T" things :) . Is it like a provider who provides phones and services?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I'm not so familiar with these "redstone" or "AT&T" things :) . Is it like a provider who provides phones and services?

Not.
That are the two Microsoft Win10 desktop + mobile branches: Threshold is the official released for everyone, Redstone is the future developement beta Windows10 for insiders users testing (and headanches):

Read there, that's a nice summary, but scroll till end the list ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_Mobile

At&T and some others providers simply ruined and delayed every Win10mobile relase with some excuses....
Here, there's the real world.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Fresh new bug, reported via feedback hub: sudden rebbot during Groove listening, battery says 100% instead of previous real value (50%)

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

flashlight toggle seems to be missing. even after making sure its there in the action centre via the settings menu .. when you pull down the action centre from the start menu the toggle is just a blank void

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

When I am texting and I rotate the phone 90 degrees, the keyboard does not fill the screen. It was working fine after I installed the build, but then it stopped working. Not sure why. I looked at the settings, and I can't see anything that would cause this. wp_ss_20160625_0002.png

BackToTheFuture

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

I think there are 2 obvious problems on my 1520 (AT&T ver):
- Battery draining too fast. Battery life was great on build 14361, the phone could last a day under moderate gaming/using edge/watching video. It sucks now, only lasts 4 hrs or so.
- Camera. Don't know what's wrong with the Camera software/firmware, but in auto it takes quite dark image in low light. It used to be better.

Anyone has the same issues?

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I did a hard reset. Looks like that fixed the issue. For now. My "Hey Cortana" still does not work, not sure why that went away.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I must be the lucky one. 950 DS. I had stayed away from the Insider builds until a week or so ago. I took the plunge with 14366 and aside from the voice recording app not updating (voice recording is still working though) it is working really, really well. People tile still shows pictures. The only thing not working is the camera roll syncing to OneDrive. It didn't work on TH either for me since early May.

The battery life is astonishingly good. Better than any 10586 build. Idle is less than 1% per hour with all the radios on.

I am sorry to see so many folks with significant issues. I would have to put this on the app developers for the most part.

Shaping up nicely from my perspective. I have even taken 2 tablets and my XPS 13 up to the same level. All is well with those devices as well. I am planning on Monday to take my main work machine which runs Enterprise and is domain connected into RS as well. All I can ask is Hyper-V please, please, please work. I have several test VMs that run on it. Looking forward to trying nested VMs

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The fast ring builds have been pretty good for me on my ATT 950. 371 and 372 seem to have caused my phone to get unsettled. The phone gets warmer than it used to while using it and battery life has taken a hit. Standby battery life is still okay, but it seems to drain faster when in use. I did a hard reset today so we'll see if anything changes, but general observations indicate the same behavior.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone else having this issue? I've reported it in Feedback but I've only noticed it in the last couple builds. "Hey Cortana" and a few other core apps just won't update and I have no idea what the error code means. (Currently running 14372 on my Lumia 1520.)

Hey Cortana is non-functional, I assume because of the inability to update, as all of my location settings are set to Canada-English currently.
wp_ss_20160623_0001.jpg

pan ps

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

For me also same pbm.. on 950 vioce recorder is not updating, i have brightness issue. Automatic brightness control is not wokring after some hours.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Voice recorder not working and playlists aren't transferring from one groove media device to the other... even with the groove pass logged in on all. Phone seems to do random freezes a bit more. 950xl.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

When I am texting and I rotate the phone 90 degrees, the keyboard does not fill the screen. It was working fine after I installed the build, but then it stopped working. Not sure why. I looked at the settings, and I can't see anything that would cause this. View attachment 127853

Try holding tap on 123 key , it should appear the keyb icon for positioning it (left / right / expand) for one-hand use

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Try holding tap on 123 key , it should appear the keyb icon for positioning it (left / right / expand) for one-hand use

Learn something new all the time.

I was going to replay to Eric Hamilton, I see he did a hard reset, ouch. I know if you hold the space bar you can drag the keyboard around, like to the top in the portrait view, or as in the landscape view as in these examples you can move it left or right.

I tried the "123" key and it shows little keyboard icons that you can slide to to accomplish the same thing. So many little things.......

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

I also just realized that to hold the "Q-W-E-R-T-Y-U-I-O-P" keys numbers are there! DUH! sorta wish there was a little # on the keys so I could go to it quicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb