W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

Is anyone else having this issue? I've reported it in Feedback but I've only noticed it in the last couple builds. "Hey Cortana" and a few other core apps just won't update and I have no idea what the error code means. (Currently running 14372 on my Lumia 1520.)

Hey Cortana is non-functional, I assume because of the inability to update, as all of my location settings are set to Canada-English currently.
View attachment 127858

Yes. I get this error too when trying to update just one app (Windows Voice Recorder). Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

72 has sucked for me.

Issues:

*The device gets really warm from basic stuff that never did it before.
*Apps crash from time to time
*Previously edge ran great in Continuum and fast. Now it's laggy, freezes and just not stable. Pages sometimes get "not responding".
*Sometimes a notification will come in and the unit will keep the screen on and won't turn off until I press the power button. Need to keep an eye on it as I don't want it damaging the amoled screen.
*Games get laggy that were never laggy before. Even candy crush soda.
*Scrolling gets laggy in some apps, facebook, instagram, etc..
*scrolling in some settings pages gets laggy at times
*Keyboard replaces words that are normal with totally off the wall words where I didn't even slide through the letters chosen. I had to disable autocorrect on it. Even if I type the word manually key by key it will just randomly correct it to a different word.
*Battery drains quickly. It's fine in idle but once I use it it just eats the battery. We need an MS mascott like cookie monster that eats batteries.

Anyways, I think this is the worst build I've used yet. Hopefully with the increase of builds coming out a new one will be available monday/tuesday.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Tried listen to music over BT headset, on Groove, today while working in the yard; signal, or app, keep cutting in and out. Did the same thing yesterday with a BT Speaker, very frustrating.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

1520, 950 XL, both on Insider fast ring, then found out the camera app is a little different, on the 950, all the icons are gone, any one knows what's going on?

950 wp_ss_20160626_0002.jpg1520 wp_ss_20160626_0001.jpg

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

This (14372) is smoothest and most stable build so far on Lumia 535 DS, no issue since update.

kitchu

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Lumia1520 - Build 14372 - Auto Adjust brightness isn't working [Automatic - low/medium/high]

wojo_applejack

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 930, battery drain is INSANE, it takes about 4 hours for phone to die, must have it plugged in all the time I can... not to mention ridiculous overheating. Was more or less pleased with previous builds but this one simply sucks.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 930, battery drain is INSANE, it takes about 4 hours for phone to die, must have it plugged in all the time I can... not to mention ridiculous overheating. Was more or less pleased with previous builds but this one simply sucks.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...indows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14371/

"We?re investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520 (devices with SoC 8974 chipsets)."

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 830.

I don't know if it's W10M or the apps which is/are growing increasingly incompatible with my phone. These are the events I've experienced so far on this build.

1. Many (or most) apps crash the moment I switch away from them or after the phone gets locked. Both WP8 and W10 apps.

2. Few games, which used to be very smooth on WP8 and the early builds of W10M, have become extremely sluggish now.

3. Yesterday when I launched Subway Surfers, music from a different game started playing at the loading screen and the game crashed but the music continued playing until I launched another app, after which it stopped.

4. The Start screen often drops too many frames while scrolling.

5. Sudden app crashes while they are open.

6. Sometimes the web pages in Edge freeze and my phone restarts!

7. Some apps which require my MSA info from my phone ask me to manually sign in first even when my phone is already connected to my MSA.

8. And the highest cellular connection speed on my phone never exceeds edge. This wasn't the case until a few previous builds.

Conrad Shull

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Photo function, itself and as called by other apps, malfunctioning. Pinching is out of control. Action buttons 90% off screen at bottom as image presentation block padding pushes it down. Very slow.

Edge sometimes locks (crashes) OS.

Setting Bluetooth locks (crashes) OS.

Phone runs hot, like was typical in the early 10 fast ring updates.

A lot of "ouch" going in right now after a period of smooth updates.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday, my Lumia 635 was reporting that there was no Internet connection on my WiFi. It still showed that it was connected to my wireless router, but that there was no Internet available. Tried a # of apps to verify, and all said that there was no Internet connection. I know there was no problems w/ my router, because on my Lumia 640 (running 10586.420), I was on WiFi surfing to my heart's delight.

Tried cycling WiFi on the 635 off and on,to no avail. Then tried a soft reset. No joy still. Tried a soft reset 10 minutes later, and left the phone off for a few minutes, then back on. Then it works again. Anyone seen this behavior?

Shane Richardson1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

I was noticing all of these last week on my Icon. When the official update released for it, I switched to that and now my battery life is just awful. I'm trying hard not to lose hope.

Shane Richardson1

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 & 14371 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

I have had a charger issue on the official release for the Icon. Well, not so much an actual charger issue but , rather the phone doesn't charge when plugged into computers.

Nik47

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone have trouble with quiet hours? I think Cortana is using UTC time without daylight savings when going into and getting out of quiet hours mode.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Does anyone have trouble with quiet hours? I think Cortana is using UTC time without daylight savings when going into and getting out of quiet hours mode.

Don't know if that's the reason, but I have noticed issues with quiet hours on this build. Phone sometimes doesn't go into quiet hours on schedule. I intend to track it more closely the next few evenings and leave feedback when I have better info on the issue.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Don't know if that's the reason, but I have noticed issues with quiet hours on this build. Phone sometimes doesn't go into quiet hours on schedule. I intend to track it more closely the next few evenings and leave feedback when I have better info on the issue.
I have a bit of a theory based on my observations this past weekend. Typically with the last few builds Quiet Hours has been working. I have it starting at 22:00 and ending at 07:00. Usually by around 22:03 I'll see the icon if I'm not locked, and it is indeed quiet.

Yesterday though, I had an early event, so I was up and prepping to leave around 06:00, and there was a chance I'd be getting texts that early. So I used the Quick Action to *manually* disable Quiet Hours, which it did.

Last night though, for the first time in a long time, it did *not* automatically go quiet at 22:00. I surmise that the fact I manually disabled it caused it to get confused. So for those seeing issues, are you perhaps manually setting or disabling it at any time?

Even weirder, when I went back into Cortana to basically "reselect" the auto settings, Cortana asked me to sign into my MS account again, which it hasn't done in a very long time.

Brad.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Auto brightness stopped working today after I restarted the phone. The reason for restarting the phone was that I couldn't unlock it, the iris scanner activated but the screen didn't wake up. If I let the iris scanner do its thing, it clicked to indicate that the phone was unlocked but the screen was still dead. I thought this issue had been cured several builds ago. Not impressed.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Yesterday, my Lumia 635 was reporting that there was no Internet connection on my WiFi. It still showed that it was connected to my wireless router, but that there was no Internet available. Tried a # of apps to verify, and all said that there was no Internet connection. I know there was no problems w/ my router, because on my Lumia 640 (running 10586.420), I was on WiFi surfing to my heart's delight.

Tried cycling WiFi on the 635 off and on,to no avail. Then tried a soft reset. No joy still. Tried a soft reset 10 minutes later, and left the phone off for a few minutes, then back on. Then it works again. Anyone seen this behavior?

Read always the official release blogs:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...indows-10-mobile-insider-preview-build-14371/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb