W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

strangely haven't had much of a battery drain issue on this build . it was worse on the previous builds .
as for the phone heating up I agree with you however I feel all L930's heat up like crazy due to the metal frame particularly at the bottom right hand corner.

maxmouse995

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Some annoying issues still present (Lumia 830) :eck:
- Flashlight (I'll do a soft reset when I can).
- Edge stops loading youtube videos halfway. Clicking refresh solves it.
- Gadgets [app] keeps asking for reboot and doesn't start.
- Brightness doesn't change automatically or manually. [it says low, medium, high but the screen doesn't change].

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

My ONLY issue with this build is that Voice Recorder keeps trying to update in the store, even though it shows the last update date of 6/24. It's more of a frustration than anything else, so I'm just ignoring it.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm seeing 2 issues on my 950 XL DS US.
1) Loss of Call Recording and a functional Voice Recording app.
2) Random lockups of the OS. Phone totally freezes and must be rebooted. Doesn't happen often and I haven't found any single activity that triggers it. Very random.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

More issues today, just noticed my phone's time was 1hr out, and when I looked my region had somehow been set to Monrovia, Reykjavik. I live in the UK!!! My time zone, and the "date and time" is configured to be set automatically but is obviously not working correctly.

Although this build was initially ok and had been great, some issues are now starting to appear.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

More issues today, just noticed my phone's time was 1hr out, and when I looked my region had somehow been set to Monrovia, Reykjavik. I live in the UK!!! My time zone, and the "date and time" is configured to be set automatically but is obviously not working correctly.

I have seen this happen once on my 950 XL.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes! I've been experiencing the same since updating on my Icon. Haven't had any wifi issues in a long time so this was quite disappointing.

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 950XL Microsoft Edge crashes while connected to Wifi. Sometimes it doesn't load at all until you are back on cellular data. Search is painfully slow as well.

docteurvez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

On my side, I can say it's the best version for my 950 Dual/SIM.
Finally, the phone does not freeze when I'm turning Mobile Data / WiFi or Bluetooth on and off.

The only issues left for me with 14372 is : battery drained faster and my FitBit Charge HR does not want to sync anymore.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Another issue with this build is that SMS messages are sometimes hours late, as in nearly 7 hours delay.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

And so after yesterday with the iris scanner bug/black-screen issue making a comeback, along with the clock being wrong and the time zone being set to some random other country... Today another bug is feeling left out and also wants to make a comeback - this time it's the email count on the tile which is stuck at showing the no. 2 despite all emails received overnight/this-morning having been read or deleted.

I would really like to know why a seemingly great build can suddenly deteriorate like this, though I guess if Microsoft knew why this was, they'd have fixed it by now.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

this time it's the email count on the tile which is stuck at showing the no. 2 despite all emails received overnight/this-morning having been read or deleted.

Happened to me a couple of days ago when my phone was on Battery Saver mode, and the Linked Inbox live tile had a stuck notification count.
A simple un-pin and re-pin of the tile resolved it.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Did you, by any chance, vote for LEAVE (BREXIT) ? :wink: :winktongue:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I most definitely did not vote for political and economic suicide, unlike just over half the voting public. In other news, the tile (and notification on the lock-screen) have sorted themselves out now. No re-pinning required.

Last edited:

Himalay Chauhan

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Anyone having issue with downloading new Keyboard languages?
I already have done Hard reset and also tried Soft Reset but nothing helped.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Anyone having issue with downloading new Keyboard languages?
I already have done Hard reset and also tried Soft Reset but nothing helped.

Yes. I have done a hard reset to see if I can resolve excessive battery consumption and I can't add a new keyboard dicyionary now. That bug was supposedly solved at threshold builds but I guess its present at redstone builds again.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 930, battery drain is INSANE, it takes about 4 hours for phone to die, must have it plugged in all the time I can... not to mention ridiculous overheating. Was more or less pleased with previous builds but this one simply sucks.

I'm in the same boat. 950xl on ATT. Phone will show 55% Battery life. A second later when I press something, the phone will either reboot, turn off, or show Goodbye message with dead battery icon. This happens 20 times a day. Most I have to have phone on a charge to get it to stay on. Someone told me it could be a loose battery connection. I'm thinking the software isn't registering the correct battery level

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. 950xl on ATT. Phone will show 55% Battery life. A second later when I press something, the phone will either reboot, turn off, or show Goodbye message with dead battery icon. This happens 20 times a day. Most I have to have phone on a charge to get it to stay on. Someone told me it could be a loose battery connection. I'm thinking the software isn't registering the correct battery level

Correct, calibration error, unusual on 950 instead of old chipests as 930 , it happened only once on my 650, I rebooted and phone signed correct level.
For avoiding misleading remove battery and clean copper pins, then leave it charging all night. On th will be released a new fast ring updt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss