W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

I'm in the same boat. 950xl on ATT. Phone will show 55% Battery life. A second later when I press something, the phone will either reboot, turn off, or show Goodbye message with dead battery icon. This happens 20 times a day. Most I have to have phone on a charge to get it to stay on. Someone told me it could be a loose battery connection. I'm thinking the software isn't registering the correct battery level
As LiIon batteries approach "end-of-life", you generally can't trust the level readings. They tend to go from "good" to "dead" with pretty much zero warning. But typically I'd dismiss that on a 950XL because you shouldn't be anywhere near end-of-life.
But a lot of people report excessive heat. If your battery has been overheated or overcharged fairly often, that could lead to premature death.
Unfortunately, the only way to prove that is to get another battery and see if it behaves differently.

Brad.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

As LiIon batteries approach "end-of-life", you generally can't trust the level readings. They tend to go from "good" to "dead" with pretty much zero warning. But typically I'd dismiss that on a 950XL because you shouldn't be anywhere near end-of-life.
But a lot of people report excessive heat. If your battery has been overheated or overcharged fairly often, that could lead to premature death.
Unfortunately, the only way to prove that is to get another battery and see if it behaves differently.

Brad.

Interesting possibility to consider, Thanks.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

why is the Post Time off by +5:00hrs, it is 3:00PM where I am, Post says 8:00PM, that is new?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

It was probably a response to Iceland owning England at Euro 2016.

Iceland deserved to go through, we played worse in this match than any other in the tournament. Brexit happened last week, I'm still completely astounded that people have voted for a recession and austerity, thanks for that to those that voted in this way. I'm ashamed to be British, the campaign was mostly fought on immigration by the leave campaign, I now live in a POORER society where racists and old people who have already had their lives command the majority. A very sad day indeed which will affect us for generations to come, as well as the more immediate effects of price rises, higher taxes and cuts to government spending. Thanks very much.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am, in fact I'm way beyond bitter, I'm extremely angry as well!

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I see what happened now. This is one of those settings that you find by accident, and you have no idea how you did it, and I just figured it was a glitch and had no way of fixing it. Now all they need to do is fix the app store from closing every time I try and do a search for anything.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

New build 14376 out. First impression: Store live tile STILL not working properly!

michaelnbg69

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

I am facing still the issue that the front facing camera on my Lumia 950 XL is not working, same counts for Iris recognition. Any idea what I can do? I got the phone two weeks back, before jumping on insider the camera worked.
Overall the build runs very smoothly on my device, battery is performing great.

Thanks a lot

Michael D.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I am using build 14376 .

Does anyone know how to remove this phantom Twitter? I cannot find any way to do so. When I tap it it does nothing. I can long press and tap Uninstall but it still remains.

wp_ss_20160629_0001.jpg

Do I need to hard reset?

Thanks.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I am using build 14376 .

Does anyone know how to remove this phantom Twitter? I cannot find any way to do so. When I tap it it does nothing. I can long press and tap Uninstall but it still remains.

Do I need to hard reset?

Thanks.

Doing a HR for a phantom icon is only a time waste, go to Settings -> Storage -> Device or SD (according to where app is installed) -> Apps , look for that, tap on it and remove.

Then, soft reset

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Doing a HR for a phantom icon is only a time waste, go to Settings -> Storage -> Device or SD (according to where app is installed) -> Apps , look for that, tap on it and remove.

Then, soft reset

I cannot find it in any of those menus :(

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

And so today, any photos I take do not show up in the app. Guess this is why they've pushed a new build out as the old one deteriorates very quickly after about a week.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

And so today, any photos I take do not show up in the app. Guess this is why they've pushed a new build out as the old one deteriorates very quickly after about a week.

Do you wait a few seconds after opening app? Mine works as usual, that's not instant but it never was

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Ok, then wait next build, it will came out in max 7 days. It's so stupid doing a HR for a simple icon ;)
Do you tried a soft reset?

A soft reset is just turning it off and on again, correct? If so, yes, I tried it and I didn't fix it.

Funnily enough, in the previous build I had a phantom app update that would not install. I thought a hard reset might fix it.

I did that, restored from a backup and now I get this issue instead.

I guess it's all part of the fun of being an Insider.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss