W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Preview 14372 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

Nice update for Facebook Messenger brings it to W10. After updating, I was left with two identical listings for Messenger in the all apps list. I uninstalled one which, of course, uninstalled the app completely. I reinstalled and all is good.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Build: 14376 (950XL, DS, USA)

> "Hey Cortana" Not Working when BT is on (was working silently with BT on before, which was nice).
> Still no Voice/Call Recorder

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

With regard to the missing pictures, mine was near instant before it stopped working, but in any case, they never appeared at all no matter how long I waited. After a reboot, they were suddenly there as they should be. MS still has some bugs to squash before they unleash this on to the masses.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Not correct, it is holding vol down + power 15 secs, isn't a simple turn off then on

I tried that too. It still did not fix it.

I did a hard reset again. Did not restore from backup and then just downloaded all my apps as normal and it is fine now. It could have been caused by an issue with my backup.

Thanks.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

14376: under Notifications & Actions, I seem to have a listing at the top showing {5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA5614}!.......

have soft reset and it still remains.

have not hard reset yet but will do that this evening and see if it goes away with that.

is anyone else seeing this odd listing in Notifications & actions (which is spelled just like that with actions not upper case first letter; seems kind of odd)

xSteelweb

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I have this. Noticed it after going through a long list of steps to get Hey Cortana working again on my 1520. That involved going back to 8.1 so that may have something to do with it. The link below seems to indicate a reference to Alarms but Alarms and Clock shows as another item in the list.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn499750.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

My bigger problem is the Store keeps crashing after last night's update and updating some apps. This morning the Store won't open.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Build: 14376 (950XL, 650, NL)

I still suffer from squashed/stretched tiles when pictures are shown on them (Groove album art, Nextgen Reader, Windows Central). It's been like this for 3 builds now... Surely somebody must have reported this besides me in the feedback hub?

The annoying part is that it's inconsistent on tiles like Groove and Tweetium. Sometimes they appear just fine. Resets don't work.

Other then that the builds have been solid, performance-wise to me. But I'm not going to use this build on my primairy device for now - Live Tiles look ridicilous atm.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Build: 14376 (950XL, DS, USA)

> "Hey Cortana" Not Working when BT is on (was working silently with BT on before, which was nice).

I no longer have "Hey Cortana" enabled, but I just found out that Cortana is now in French for me. It's resisting all attempts to change it back to English. The phone keeps setting French as the default speech language; even when I change it, it changes it back.

EDIT: Soft reset finally fixed it.

EDIT #2: Soft reset did not fix it. Again, when I tried to talk to Cortana, it interpreted my speech as French. When I checked the settings, it had once again put French as default. It seems that trying to speak to Cortana triggers this behaviour somehow. I left feedback.

Last edited:

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

build 14376 device: 930
Store doesn't open at all.I tap the icon or try to rate an app and it crashes in seconds. I don't even see the loading icon. Soft reset didn't help. Anyone else with the same issue?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Store doesn't open at all.I tap the icon or try to rate an app and it crashes in seconds. I don't even see the loading icon. Soft reset didn't help. Anyone else with the same issue?

Store was updated together with o.s. itself. If you left automatic updates, let it update on next build, 3 - 5 days. Reset is a time waste, at this point. On August 2nd Redstone will be the only Win10 Official

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I no longer have "Hey Cortana" enabled, but I just found out that Cortana is now in French for me. It's resisting all attempts to change it back to English. The phone keeps setting French as the default speech language; even when I change it, it changes it back.

EDIT: Soft reset finally fixed it.

EDIT #2: Soft reset did not fix it. Again, when I tried to talk to Cortana, it interpreted my speech as French. When I checked the settings, it had once again put French as default. It seems that trying to speak to Cortana triggers this behaviour somehow. I left feedback.

I've confirmed that accessing Cortana in any way changes my default speech setting to French (Canada) from English (Canada) on build 14376. Soft reset doesn't help. I found and upvoted feedback for this issue, so I guess it's not unique to me...

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Same issue on 640.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I've confirmed that accessing Cortana in any way changes my default speech setting to French (Canada) from English (Canada) on build 14376. Soft reset doesn't help. I found and upvoted feedback for this issue, so I guess it's not unique to me...

Did you check the setting under Languages? to see if anything there was amiss?

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Same on my 830. Upvoted. I can't even imagine how they'd bugger up something like this.

Sure wish I could delete language packs. I don't need or want French on my phone anyway (and I have French (France) as well for some reason).

xSteelweb

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

You are not alone. Build 14376 Device 1520
Not sure if it matters but I'm really wishing I had set the auto app update. Oh well, maybe a new build will come in a couple of days and fix it.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Did you check the setting under Languages? to see if anything there was amiss?

Everything looks fine - region, language, keyboard. But the default speech language keeps changing to French (Canada). I've found that it even happens if I do not use Cortana at all. The default speech language will spontaneously change to French even after I've reset it to back to English. Bizarre.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here with my 950. All was well after update (updated various apps without issue) until I updated the store itself. Now, just crashed on entry.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

And still, Windows Voice Recorder has a phantom update that you cannot install.

950XL|Dual SIM|
So I'm not the only one with this problem (still!). I've spent a lot of time looking for what the error code means, but couldn't find anything (I like to try to fix it myself) . Not surprisingly there's plenty of places in the feedback hub for this, so I just added my $0.02. On the upside, this one is surprisingly stable for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster