14376: Apps Corner still has issues

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated to latest Redstone 14376.

Apps Corner appears on Start Screen first time you use it, then it disappears and you cannot get it to show up on start screen again.
in Apps Corner setup, you cannot click on the pin to start screen as it is greyed out still.

Layout still resets every time you go into Apps Corner.
Start Screen Live Tiles still get cleared when exiting Apps Corner.

So still a big FAIL on this build with Apps Corner.
If this is going to Anniversary Update that is slated for August, still have a ways to go before its ready IMHO.

Waiting for a full 2 days on this build before judging anything related to battery life.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Apps Corner appears on Start Screen first time you use it, then it disappears and you cannot get it to show up on start screen again.
in Apps Corner setup, you cannot click on the pin to start screen as it is greyed out still.

If this is going to Anniversary Update that is slated for August, still have a ways to go before its ready IMHO.

Waiting for a full 2 days on this build before judging anything related to battery life.
I'm 68 so I can miss stuff... What's the Apps Corner?
Peace.

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14376.0]

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

still 4 weeks to go

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm 68 so I can miss stuff... What's the Apps Corner?
Peace.

Apps Corner is a way to setup a 'isolated area' for another user to user your device.
If you go into Settings -> Accounts -> Apps Corner is listed towards the bottom.
you can add any of the Apps on your device to Apps Corner, run Apps Corner from there and had device to another person and they can ONLY run those programs that you gave access to thru Apps Corner.
Kids Corner was removed and Apps Corner is what is supposed to be used instead of Kids Corner.
as of this build, Apps Corner still does not function correctly and the Live Tile on Start Screen disappears.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Apps Corner is a way to setup a 'isolated area' for another user to user your device.
If you go into Settings -> Accounts -> Apps Corner is listed towards the bottom.
you can add any of the Apps on your device to Apps Corner, run Apps Corner from there and had device to another person and they can ONLY run those programs that you gave access to thru Apps Corner.
Kids Corner was removed and Apps Corner is what is supposed to be used instead of Kids Corner.
as of this build, Apps Corner still does not function correctly and the Live Tile on Start Screen disappears.
AHHH! Ok. I can confirm the Live Tile disappears. BUT while looking I set a PIN for accessing my phone. So I got somethin'.
Thanks. Peace. Alan

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have just updated to the release preview v. 14393.5 and I cant pin the apps corner either. Very annoying, as I use it for my 5yo since they ditched kids corner

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I can testament that I've just upgraded from 10586 to 14493.5 and my Start screen lost the App corner tile and re-add button is grayed out.

I've submitted a Feedback bug report with screen capture of the App corner graying out. At this point it's pretty sure it'll be broken in AU RTM..

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
seems like they setup the Apps Corner to be a 'run once and done' app from a tile perspective.

after a HR, I can pin the tile to start screen, go into Apps corner and setup apps, then launch Apps Corner. Use apps there and then exit thru the power button and swipe right.
once back to start screen, tile is gone and in Apps Corner the pin to start is grayed out till next HR.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for summing it up. At least anybody can avoid Hard Resetting to try to get back a working App Corner Tile on the Start screen. As it is impossible, as of now, I guess.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The pinned tile randomly just turned up on my start screen, but vanished again after I launched it and exited back. I don't suppose anyone else has found a fix, or maybe if the most recent fast-ring release fixes it?

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Same to me. I think Anniversary Update got delayed for mobile even for this. App corner isn't a feature for PC version after all. Could be pushed freely instead.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs