W10M Insider Preview 10586.456 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Inactive)

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Not quite sure if you understood what I meant: an activated hotspot still deactivates when the phone locks up.
So far not noticed anything with the battery percentage.

when i was on .420/.338 ,turning off the vpn setting would make the hotspot work under the lockscreen on my L925, and it would remain connected as long as i want with other phones.Then i noticed that rebooting the phone would turn on the vpn setting again and the hotspot would not work under the lockscreen. As for now ,i am on wp 8.1 and can't say about .456. Anyways, Here's a screenshot of VPN setting toggled off

Attachments

• 127740d1466589089t-wp_ss_20160622_0001.png
    127740d1466589089t-wp_ss_20160622_0001.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 76

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Installed this last night and I'm not getting any messaging (sms) notifications. They don't show on the messaging tile and I don't get any toast notifications. I've checked the appropriate settings to ensure they're toggled on also. Anyone else having this problem?

check that messaging is enabled in background

earthman007

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I had a whole series of apps that could use my microphone, that I don't recall being set this way beforehand - including Excel and stuff that I'm sure I'd never consider would possibly need it.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Noticed quite a few apps greyed out, looked for updates in store and nothing for each of them .... will wait and see if it settles/updates apps
EDIT: After soft reset all apps are back

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
The anniversary edition of windows 10 mobile is supposed to come out early next month any guesses that it will be ready.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Weird bug. Browsing tennisforum.com the screen suddenly flashed bright and then dropped to half brightness or so. I thought a backlight LED bad gone out, and then I remembered that the 950XL is amoled. :)

Seems like auto brightness suddenly came on or suddenly changed its mind about the necessary brightness. The auto-brightness slide was in the middle, moving it to the right recovered the brightness.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Weird bug. Browsing tennisforum.com the screen suddenly flashed bright and then dropped to half brightness or so. I thought a backlight LED bad gone out, and then I remembered that the 950XL is amoled. :)

Seems like auto brightness suddenly came on or suddenly changed its mind about the necessary brightness. The auto-brightness slide was in the middle, moving it to the right recovered the brightness.

Only ONE single site sound weird as a o.s. problem ;)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL just spontaneously rebooted. **** (imagine four-letter word for "gosh darn it")

iPhone SE with 64GB and accidental damage protection is $600. Hmmmm

truefluke

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with the Microsoft Camera app? Opened the app twice, took 1 photo and it paused, and quit after both photos.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with the Microsoft Camera app? Opened the app twice, took 1 photo and it paused, and quit after both photos.

I've occasionally had the camera process end like that, maybe 3-4 times, over several builds.
I've had a number of processes do it though, not just on mobile too, my desktop machines' Edge implementation likes to die randomly too, and not recover my open sites, handy stuff. I've taken to running anything I want to be able to (easily) revert to, on Chrome, I'm almost ashamed to admit...

Neil Smith

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
when i was on .420/.338 ,turning off the vpn setting would make the hotspot work under the lockscreen on my L925, and it would remain connected as long as i want with other phones.Then i noticed that rebooting the phone would turn on the vpn setting again and the hotspot would not work under the lockscreen. As for now ,i am on wp 8.1 and can't say about .456. Anyways, Here's a screenshot of VPN setting toggled off

VPN settings unfortunately have no effect

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I just had another case where my phone and car both claimed music was playing, all volume levels were up, but there was zero sound. Starting Cortana activated the phone profile, and I could hear sound. Closing Cortana and resuming audio playback, again zero sound. Seems like the bluetooth audio profile on my 950XL DS can get stuck in some kind of broken state. So far only a reboot is able to fix this. Saw it in two different car brands this month.

vinayakm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue when I disable the location toggle from the quick actions menu, the phone screen freezes and no other action is possible. The only way out is to hold down the power button and restart the phone. Anyone else facing (faced) this issue? Any fixes?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
One more bug, maybe just the app: Flinging a mail in Outlook, the message 'jitters', nervously bouncing back and forth a few pixels. It looks like the end of scroll bounce animation is broken. Happened in several messages recently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6