What if some bugs aren't solved because very few have seen them?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking that some bugs or missing functionality can go unnoticed because very few use them. For example, because of Cortana's limited availability, I'm sure that the feedback is much lower than would be if all users could access it. Similarly, the feedback about edge could be low on pc because most people use either chrome or firefox

Should we have insiders testing the system features even if they don't usually use them?

For example, I don't use notifications or glance screen or hotspot so I haven't given any feedback on those. Similarly, I don't use MS camera, preferring Lumia camera thus no feedback on improvement for the same

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking that some bugs or missing functionality can go unnoticed because very few use them. For example, because of Cortana's limited availability, I'm sure that the feedback is much lower than would be if all users could access it. Similarly, the feedback about edge could be low on pc because most people use either chrome or firefox

Should we have insiders testing the system features even if they don't usually use them?

For example, I don't use notifications or glance screen or hotspot so I haven't given any feedback on those. Similarly, I don't use MS camera, preferring Lumia camera thus no feedback on improvement for the same

Well... A good insider looks through the quests that are available in the feedback hub and does them. They can be very different and some quests I have done have made me find functionality I hadn't figured out before. If Microsoft is getting feedback from more than just a couple users, they usually highlight that feature in the Quest-area to have more people test and see if there really is a bug.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I for sure do the quest and use as my daily to put as much use on it as possible. Some bugs seem so simple and get reported everytime, surprised are not fixed, like the fact you have to click the "select" button twice in outlook email to bring the check box up. I would not think that would be a big fix yet never fixed..lol pet peeve there. :):winktongue:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
There are even bigger areas like bluetooth devices, accessories etc. I have never seen anyone using the phone connected with the car and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. One of the reasons why I think people are complaining so much about car connectivity is because there are so few people actually testing that. How many cars actually have provisions for phone connectivity? I should think less than 1%

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There are even bigger areas like bluetooth devices, accessories etc. I have never seen anyone using the phone connected with the car and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. One of the reasons why I think people are complaining so much about car connectivity is because there are so few people actually testing that. How many cars actually have provisions for phone connectivity? I should think less than 1%

I connect in my car every day with no issues. (Honda Hands free). Although on latest build I have once received a phone call and clicked answer and phone disconnected from hands free. I did report on feedback.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
This is actually my biggest fear. The last couple of Fast Ring builds have seen an issue where using Cortana forces my 950XL DS to switch the default speech language to French (Canada) from English (Canada). I have left feedback on this and I have seen others here on Windows Central report it. But there doesn't seem to be much upvoting of the feedback on this issue and there are several different ways feedback has been left (as a speech languages issue, a Cortana issue, etc.), so the "votes" are distributed, rather than concentrated. I fear that it's just not getting mentioned enough to be noticed.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This is actually my biggest fear. The last couple of Fast Ring builds have seen an issue where using Cortana forces my 950XL DS to switch the default speech language to French (Canada) from English (Canada). I have left feedback on this and I have seen others here on Windows Central report it. But there doesn't seem to be much upvoting of the feedback on this issue and there are several different ways feedback has been left (as a speech languages issue, a Cortana issue, etc.), so the "votes" are distributed, rather than concentrated. I fear that it's just not getting mentioned enough to be noticed.

IMHO that's a side effect of DS data carrier notorious bug. Hoping Dona for kicking some builder till discover one fix before RTM One

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a realistic concern. My "favorite" small bug is that Cortana understands it fine when I say "Play Radiohead" and starts playing it because it's on phone>music, but she doesn't understand "Play Pavement" because it's in SDcard>music. She recognizes the word 'Pavement' (or any other band), but doesn't seem aware of music on the memory card so nothing gets played, I just get Bing search results. This was reported by several people a while ago, but I fear it won't get fixed for a while because it's relatively rare. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro