Any signs of GATT support?

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen it talked about around here in a couple months, but MS said GATT support (necessary for notifications on wearables other than the band) was coming.
I'm no expert on the topic, all I know is we need it.

Yet another MS band crapped out on us, so i'm ready to try another brand.
The watch thing is a whole other story, but band 1, 2, whatever, I think they are all lemons. I don't think you should have to buy extended support for something you take care of. In short, out of my own personal experience and everyone I know in person, 100% of either watch has failed in some way shape or form.

If I had some idea of how long until it comes it would go along way in providing some patience on windows phone.
Something I've been running out of lately.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Wondering the same thing. Someone with a bit of clout needs to ask Dona or someone else in the know about this.

Yeah seriously, while it's only been about 2 months since it was suggested GATT support is on it's way, it's at least 2 years over due.

Between windows 10 running awful on my 830, my wife's band breaking for the 3rd and final time and the surface phone being a year out, my faith in windows phone is fading.

Just don't want to put more of my money into another band. And since a smart watch that receives notifications makes getting in touch with my her much easier (she really can't be messing with her phone at work too much), I consider it important.

If the next big update to windows phone doesn't include it, i'm going to start testing out android with a cheap older model. Right now i'm thinking nexus 6, because it has wireless charging and can be purchased $300 or less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon