I'm sure most insiders have seen the rapid release of new builds for the redstone branch, both for pc and for mobile

Is this rapid release of new builds a good thing for insiders? Do we get time to test the builds before a new build gets released?
    Are the new builds fixing things? Can you see the improvements or is it just the build number that changes?
    Also, have you noticed that even though the builds are releasing very fast, the increase in build number is smaller than it used to be. Before we could jump from 14342 to say 14366 but now it's small jumps

Share your thoughts below
    ven07 likes this.
    07-01-2016 08:15 AM
    It's a good thing, means that there's no ground-breaking bugs anymore. These new builds are to iron out the bumps and seal the cracks after the effects of the many earthquakes Windows 10 has overcome.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-01-2016 08:34 AM
    I just got this phone yesterday& once I upgraded to win10 i had 3 updates already
    ven07 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-01-2016 08:48 AM
    It's a good thing, means that there's no ground-breaking bugs anymore. These new builds are to iron out the bumps and seal the cracks after the effects of the many earthquakes Windows 10 has overcome.
    When developing sth there will always be bugs of the earth-shattering capacity

The recent bug to hit insiders (fast) seems to be battery life. Older devices that were allowed to join the RS fun, seem to have taken a hit in battery life.

My point is..you fix one thing and something else that was previously fixed will break. That's the pain these people (MS employees) have to live with and now we share their pain
    07-01-2016 09:43 AM
    Is this rapid release of new builds a good thing for insiders? Do we get time to test the builds before a new build gets released?
    MS has repeatedly stated that they appreciate the input they get from users, but we shouldn't forget that the users, even those on the fast ring, are still in the "outer" rings. Everything we get goes through the internal rings MS has in place first.

That being said, it's easy to imagine that in certain cases, MS is pushing out the builds just to see how the "mass" adoption of it will go and users always have the option of staying on one build for a few days or weeks before they decide to jump onto the latest and greatest

just my 0.0002 cents
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-01-2016 09:49 AM
    I just wish my devices would download the new updates. For some reason my SP3 and my BLU Win HD LTE X150Q are not getting anything.
    07-01-2016 12:02 PM
    I just wish my devices would download the new updates. For some reason my SP3 and my BLU Win HD LTE X150Q are not getting anything.
    you can use the ISOs for the sp3 if more that 2 days have passed by with no update in either fast or slow ring
    07-02-2016 12:05 AM
    I love the fast pace because I'm eager to see what's fixed build to build.
    07-03-2016 12:44 PM