07-09-2016 12:37 AM
116 12345
tools
    Hey guys. Can you please tell me if the mobile data issue related to dual sim phones has been fixed? I would like to try RS on my lumia 535. Anyone has it? How is the performance?
    Fixed
    07-04-2016 04:45 PM
    in the insider app says, if you are on a 14xxx build, don't set to release preview... now do a hard reset...
    07-04-2016 07:32 PM
    SOme apps like Edge and Skype must be disabled
    Will refusing background run for Edge still allow it to download files while it's not the active app?
    07-05-2016 12:40 AM
    L930 with .379.. Battery life is actually phenomenally good and there does not seems to be any major problems.
    Typing was fluent during few later builds but now again it seems to be a bit slugish.

I still miss the feature where IE/EDGE browser created pinned shortcut to homescreen of the webpage, where the title has a screenshot the situation at the moment of creation... This is missed! This was with WP 8.1 devices..
    Last edited by Fred Shumacher; 07-05-2016 at 05:02 AM.
    jcar302 likes this.
    07-05-2016 01:55 AM
    1.typing has become really sluggish on this build let it be in whatsapp or the mail or even the regular sms app. it appears as if the phone is lagging .
    2.battery life has improved drastically my initial complaints on the battery drain during standby has been resolved. now its a 1% drain every 1-1.5hrs .
    3.groove music crashes on several occasions however once paired to the Bluetooth of my car there is no issue.
    4.Flashlight toggle has made its way back to this build which was absent in the previous build.
    Fred Shumacher likes this.
    07-05-2016 02:52 AM
    1.typing has become really sluggish on this build let it be in whatsapp or the mail or even the regular sms app. it appears as if the phone is lagging .
    2.battery life has improved drastically my initial complaints on the battery drain during standby has been resolved. now its a 1% drain every 1-1.5hrs .
    3.groove music crashes on several occasions however once paired to the Bluetooth of my car there is no issue.
    4.Flashlight toggle has made its way back to this build which was absent in the previous build.
    On my L830 battery is worst than previous release
    07-05-2016 03:01 AM
    On my L830 battery is worst than previous release
    i think they investigating on this issue. as stated the issue is in L830/L930/L1520
    i faced the same issue on my L930 a few days back before i picked up a L950XL DS
    07-05-2016 03:58 AM
    I went straight from the retail build to this one on my 650. Haven't done any kind of reset, and most things seem to be working very well. Had the same initial heavy battery drain overnight as someone else reported, but haven't changed anything and since then the battery life if anything seems better than the retail build. Also the voice recorder doesn't play back, but if you click the "go to file location" option and double click the file it will play back through Groove. Clunky but usable ... other apps like the MS weather app continue to be as buggy as they've always been on any build, but there's always Accuweather...
    murtaza_p likes this.
    07-05-2016 06:35 AM
    Having the same issue man.........L930 cant get "hey cortana" to work. Exactly as you described above........

This posted without the quote for some reason? apologies
    07-05-2016 07:56 AM
    Best bet is to:
    1. Use WDRT and downgrade to WP8
    2. Setup Hey Cortana
    3. Update to W10M

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but it is the only thing that worked for my Icon. Hey Cortana is working fine and Bluetooth with my vehicle has been more reliable.
    This is not the way man (even if it works), Hey Cortana worked fine on the previous RS build so flashing back to 8.1 and going all the way through the 10 update process right up to RS again is beyond a ball ache! Besides I know for a fact that my hardware specific "firmware" is bang up date as I did this weeks ago when I thought I might fix the missing audio on video and speaker phone, turns out that was faulty hardware but in the process I made sure I was on the latest firmware version. As it's only just been broken so I'm hoping the next fast ring build will address this issue. peace.x
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-05-2016 08:06 AM
    Having a problem with Store app staying open. Once opened, it stays about 2 seconds then closes itself. I've tried soft reset several times with this still happening on my 950 XL DS.
    marekmusial likes this.
    07-05-2016 08:14 AM
    Don't seem to be getting BBM notifications on this build. Even the tile doesn't show them. All notification settings are OK. 950XL DS
    07-05-2016 08:52 AM
    I have observed fast battery drain issue when WIFI is ON on my lumia 730.
    07-05-2016 09:44 AM
    Best bet is to:
    1. Use WDRT and downgrade to WP8
    2. Setup Hey Cortana
    3. Update to W10M

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but it is the only thing that worked for my Icon. Hey Cortana is working fine and Bluetooth with my vehicle has been more reliable.
    Ya, not what I wanted to hear but may have to go that route. I didnt use Hey Cortona a lot but once its not there, you really see how often you did you use it....(pretty much like any feature you feel you didnt use that much).....

will go the WDRT route this week and see if I can get it all back again.

Thanks.
    07-05-2016 12:50 PM
    in the insider app says, if you are on a 14xxx build, don't set to release preview... now do a hard reset...
    Well... 14xxx is Redstone whereas 10xxxx is the Threshold Branch. It's got to have something to do with that, but what I can't say. You sure there's no pertinent info in those 2 sets of 3 dots?
    Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]
    07-05-2016 02:07 PM
    Nice version - went from the production ring. Too bad we're back to SILENT ALARMS in this build. (L950 AT&T branded, unlocked) I'll have to back-track on this build first chance I get, unless someone knows a fix. I've tried pegging a music track, a different ring tone. Good that at least the Band2 vibrates.
    07-05-2016 02:08 PM
    Ya, not what I wanted to hear but may have to go that route. I didnt use Hey Cortona a lot but once its not there, you really see how often you did you use it....(pretty much like any feature you feel you didnt use that much).....

will go the WDRT route this week and see if I can get it all back again.

Thanks.
    Just to share my experience on a 1520....

Not sure when I first lost Hey Cortana but I know it has not worked for a few builds. Like you, once I noticed it was gone I really started missing it. Anyway, I found the suggested WDRT solution so I gave it a shot.

The first try was a straight flash 8.1, Setup Cortana and update (with turn off Wi-Fi and Cellular Data mixed in there). The result, I got Hey Cortana back. A little disappointed that I had to reconfigure my phone so I tried a hard reset to restore a backup. Oops, no more Hey Cortana.

Second try I decided to really test things by using WDRT to get back to 8.1 and restoring my W10M backup there knowing most apps and settings wouldn't come over. As expected, they didn't, but it was a start. Got Hey Cortana setup and updated to W10M. Worked good for a day or so until the Store kept crashing after a new build update. I made a new backup and did a hard reset to restore it to get the store back (should have waited a day for 14379). Restored the backup on W10M and store worked but no Hey Cortana.

At this point I'm waiting for it to magically come back just like it went away in the first place.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    07-05-2016 02:23 PM
    I had silent alarms a couple of builds ago, but none recently. However, I still get the occasional silent phone ring which sucks
    berny_533 likes this.
    07-05-2016 03:03 PM
    After several days of trouble-free operation without a restart, today I've had a case where the phone didn't ring (more like a click or short chirp) and a consistent blank display issue. The sequence usually goes like this: Tap power, display doesn't turn on. Hit power again, and I see the glance screen. Hit power again, the display might turn on, but usually doesn't. Hit power one more time and the display turns on, but password keyboard is slow to populate. A simple power off/on cycle (no soft reset) has fixed it for now
    berny_533 likes this.
    07-05-2016 03:10 PM
    I find that there is an audio issue. If a headset is plugged in the ring is low on the loud speaker and nothing in the headset. If you're playing a song via groove the ring plays like an echo and not loud again. Anyone else with this issue? Lumia 535
    07-05-2016 04:54 PM
    Anyone check to see if MS added GATT support?
    GATT support, crucial for notifications on wearables, is coming to Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

It's necessary for notifications on smart watches such as fitbits.
    07-05-2016 06:49 PM
    In this build another issue I have found (single SIM 950XL) is that my automatic quiet hours, that worked fine in previous builds neither turn on or turn off automatically any longer.
    07-05-2016 08:24 PM
    When will MS release us of this dreadful build this is worst than the initial wp10 inside build when some of the icons didn't work the lag is horrendous and battery life is beyond terrible no apps work as they all crash but we are expected to give feedback. This build is a deal breaker for me as each day I have to live with it each day iOS looks better and better if I have to continue with this build by the end of the week I will be enjoying and Iphone 6 first thing Monday morning.
    07-05-2016 08:55 PM
    Waaaaah! iOS looks so good because it doesn't have the bugs in it that a beta build of Windows 10 Mobile does that I didn't have to install but chose to even after Microsoft specifically stated it would contain bugs. Waaaaah!

Monday morning can't come early enough for me so we can be rid of your complaining about the fact that you HAVE to live with this build that is only installed by those who specifically choose to be Insiders.
    zei20t and wraggieone like this.
    07-05-2016 09:42 PM
    When will MS release us of this dreadful build this is worst than the initial wp10 inside build when some of the icons didn't work the lag is horrendous and battery life is beyond terrible no apps work as they all crash but we are expected to give feedback. This build is a deal breaker for me as each day I have to live with it each day iOS looks better and better if I have to continue with this build by the end of the week I will be enjoying and Iphone 6 first thing Monday morning.
    Dude..... Wow. First what phone do you have and should it even be running the build you have on it. Second, did this build disable punctuation? Sounds like you wanted to play the latest and greatest game and lost. Please buy an iPhone and MS PLEASE STOP LETTING THE GENERAL PUBLIC PREVIEW YOUR BUILDS. It's literally killing the OS.
    07-05-2016 11:08 PM
116 12345