W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Having a problem with Store app staying open. Once opened, it stays about 2 seconds then closes itself. I've tried soft reset several times with this still happening on my 950 XL DS.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Don't seem to be getting BBM notifications on this build. Even the tile doesn't show them. All notification settings are OK. 950XL DS

pvamseekrishna

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

I have observed fast battery drain issue when WIFI is ON on my lumia 730.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Best bet is to:
1. Use WDRT and downgrade to WP8
2. Setup Hey Cortana
3. Update to W10M

I know this might not be what you want to hear, but it is the only thing that worked for my Icon. Hey Cortana is working fine and Bluetooth with my vehicle has been more reliable.

Ya, not what I wanted to hear but may have to go that route. I didnt use Hey Cortona a lot but once its not there, you really see how often you did you use it....(pretty much like any feature you feel you didnt use that much).....

will go the WDRT route this week and see if I can get it all back again.

Thanks.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

in the insider app says, if you are on a 14xxx build, don't set to release preview... now do a hard reset...
Well... 14xxx is Redstone whereas 10xxxx is the Threshold Branch. It's got to have something to do with that, but what I can't say. You sure there's no pertinent info in those 2 sets of 3 dots?
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Nice version - went from the production ring. Too bad we're back to SILENT ALARMS in this build. (L950 AT&T branded, unlocked) I'll have to back-track on this build first chance I get, unless someone knows a fix. I've tried pegging a music track, a different ring tone. Good that at least the Band2 vibrates.

xSteelweb

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Ya, not what I wanted to hear but may have to go that route. I didnt use Hey Cortona a lot but once its not there, you really see how often you did you use it....(pretty much like any feature you feel you didnt use that much).....

will go the WDRT route this week and see if I can get it all back again.

Thanks.

Just to share my experience on a 1520....

Not sure when I first lost Hey Cortana but I know it has not worked for a few builds. Like you, once I noticed it was gone I really started missing it. Anyway, I found the suggested WDRT solution so I gave it a shot.

The first try was a straight flash 8.1, Setup Cortana and update (with turn off Wi-Fi and Cellular Data mixed in there). The result, I got Hey Cortana back. A little disappointed that I had to reconfigure my phone so I tried a hard reset to restore a backup. Oops, no more Hey Cortana.

Second try I decided to really test things by using WDRT to get back to 8.1 and restoring my W10M backup there knowing most apps and settings wouldn't come over. As expected, they didn't, but it was a start. Got Hey Cortana setup and updated to W10M. Worked good for a day or so until the Store kept crashing after a new build update. I made a new backup and did a hard reset to restore it to get the store back (should have waited a day for 14379). Restored the backup on W10M and store worked but no Hey Cortana.

At this point I'm waiting for it to magically come back just like it went away in the first place.

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I had silent alarms a couple of builds ago, but none recently. However, I still get the occasional silent phone ring which sucks

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

After several days of trouble-free operation without a restart, today I've had a case where the phone didn't ring (more like a click or short chirp) and a consistent blank display issue. The sequence usually goes like this: Tap power, display doesn't turn on. Hit power again, and I see the glance screen. Hit power again, the display might turn on, but usually doesn't. Hit power one more time and the display turns on, but password keyboard is slow to populate. A simple power off/on cycle (no soft reset) has fixed it for now

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

I find that there is an audio issue. If a headset is plugged in the ring is low on the loud speaker and nothing in the headset. If you're playing a song via groove the ring plays like an echo and not loud again. Anyone else with this issue? Lumia 535

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

In this build another issue I have found (single SIM 950XL) is that my automatic quiet hours, that worked fine in previous builds neither turn on or turn off automatically any longer.

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

When will MS release us of this dreadful build this is worst than the initial wp10 inside build when some of the icons didn't work the lag is horrendous and battery life is beyond terrible no apps work as they all crash but we are expected to give feedback. This build is a deal breaker for me as each day I have to live with it each day iOS looks better and better if I have to continue with this build by the end of the week I will be enjoying and Iphone 6 first thing Monday morning.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Waaaaah! iOS looks so good because it doesn't have the bugs in it that a beta build of Windows 10 Mobile does that I didn't have to install but chose to even after Microsoft specifically stated it would contain bugs. Waaaaah!

Monday morning can't come early enough for me so we can be rid of your complaining about the fact that you HAVE to live with this build that is only installed by those who specifically choose to be Insiders.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

When will MS release us of this dreadful build this is worst than the initial wp10 inside build when some of the icons didn't work the lag is horrendous and battery life is beyond terrible no apps work as they all crash but we are expected to give feedback. This build is a deal breaker for me as each day I have to live with it each day iOS looks better and better if I have to continue with this build by the end of the week I will be enjoying and Iphone 6 first thing Monday morning.

Dude..... Wow. First what phone do you have and should it even be running the build you have on it. Second, did this build disable punctuation? Sounds like you wanted to play the latest and greatest game and lost. Please buy an iPhone and MS PLEASE STOP LETTING THE GENERAL PUBLIC PREVIEW YOUR BUILDS. It's literally killing the OS.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

looks like I cannot multi quote on the laptop set on.420.

Phone says BBM not compatible with and few other apps

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

zooming in and out of the photos in photos app is still little jittery .

Lumia 950XL DS

Kreigz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Same here but for a different reason.

I swapped SIMS and now Visual Voicemail doesn't work.

Must be something with the setup process.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Wow... what phone do you have? I don't have any of your problems with my L950. If you have an older phone, you should know that they are working on a fix for battery issues and if you depend that much on it, you shouldn't have installed it in the first place or roll back. If you don't have an old device, try a hard reset. Sometimes you won't come around a hard reset, if the problems stack up.

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Firstly I have been a loyal MS supporter for many years and this build sucks. The initial previews of WP10 mobile in the beta function when it was recommended not to use as a daily driver were far way better than the last 4 builds by MS. This is a build that should have never been released with so many basic bugs such as the dialer crashing that is a basic phone function and should work seamlessly. I mean if you want to jump on the bandwagon and shout praises where they are not deserved go right ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos