W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

Wow... what phone do you have? I don't have any of your problems with my L950. If you have an older phone, you should know that they are working on a fix for battery issues and if you depend that much on it, you shouldn't have installed it in the first place or roll back. If you don't have an old device, try a hard reset. Sometimes you won't come around a hard reset, if the problems stack up.

I saw that about older phones, I am attempting to use a L1520 and an 830

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I have a Lumia Icon and this is the worst build I have seen in a while. That last few were pretty stable and battery life was good. In this build my battery life is quite a bit worse, I am using 10% per hour without using the phone at all.

Bluetooth keeps crashing on me and when I try to toggle the Bluetooth off and on the phone locks up and has to be rebooted. I also keep losing wifi and have to delete the connection and then re-enter all the id and passwords. Happens at work and at home.

I may try a hard reset tonight but hope they push out a new build so I can avoid that.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lumia Icon and this is the worst build I have seen in a while. That last few were pretty stable and battery life was good. In this build my battery life is quite a bit worse, I am using 10% per hour without using the phone at all.

Bluetooth keeps crashing on me and when I try to toggle the Bluetooth off and on the phone locks up and has to be rebooted. I also keep losing wifi and have to delete the connection and then re-enter all the id and passwords. Happens at work and at home.

I may try a hard reset tonight but hope they push out a new build so I can avoid that.

IMHO, at that point an hard reset is useless except in case of essential services crashing as messaging , calling , browsing, carrier data, etc.. Builds are going more and more on forward

Ed Grof

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Cortana was broken for me. Under Cortana Settings, I noticed the default language did not match what I had set. In my case, it should have been English Canada, but was French Canada. I had to change region to US and language to English US and reboot. Now Cortana is back. Otherwise this build, for me, has been pretty stable with very little of the bugs others have noted in this thread.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

And I have an ICON and after a hard reset, this has been one of the more stable builds.
battery life seems to be much improved.
Yesterdays battery stats:
5am off charger 100%
on wifi from 5am till about 7:30am, on WPCentral app, Edge (Facebook) and Facebook Beta App (probably 30 minutes of use on these apps during that time frame). Several incoming emails, text messages and a couple MMS. 2 outgoing emails (both on outlook.com account).
drive into work (phone at roughly 94%. Is connected to Sync3 in 2016 Ford Edge. 35 minute commute to work. Get a couple of text messages that I let Cortona read thru the bluetooth connection (worked flawlessly). Was on Verizon LTE data the entire commute. Couple Text messages came in and a few emails. Notifications all seemed to work as expected
at work about 8:15 after commute. On company Wifi at the office. 30 to 40 emails during the day, 5 or 6 phone calls, 20 or so text messages during the day. Facebook (Edge and App) browsing during the day.
Leave office about 5pm with 70% battery.
Phone calls on way home from work, few text messages (again thru Sync3 on 2016 Ford Edge).
Errands with the kids till about 7:30pm. 65% battery after kids played a few games on phone while one was in drum lessons for 30 minutes.
home with over 60% battery left.
some Edge browsing at home on home wifi, couple rounds of Hill Climb and Golf game to relax for a bit.
headed to bed about 11pm with just under 25% battery. I have my Battery Save set to kick in at 25% and it just kicked in a I was headed to bed for the night.

so getting a good 14 - 16 hours out of the battery life out of my Icon.
I can live with that with the amount of emails and text message and gaming sessions that I did yesterday.
that is pretty typical day for me so i am pretty pleased with this build on my Icon.
I have not seen the 10% drop per hour the lot of others are listing on here without using the phone at all.

my best advice is that if you are having battery issues, first hard reset and the judge the battery life....and make sure you are on the build more than 1 full day before you judge the battery life (in my case, i hold off for 2 full days before I make judgments on the battery life).

AllanSor

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Have the same errors on L950 - 8 to 12 spontaneously reboots a day, during calls, and during charging. Freeze when unlocking with pin, only a soft reset helps. Not charging when connected to original charger, A reboot solves that. Wifi disconnects and only works after a reboot. Updated to latest firmware via WDRT. Errors are still there after several hard resets. Clean install not from backup and no additional apps installed.
Old L930 works great on this build, and I have not seen any of these errors. So I'm glad that other has the same issues.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

The wifi issue is a known bug and MS is working on a fix. For me it works to just restart the phone instead of reentering the credentials.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Cortana was broken for me. Under Cortana Settings, I noticed the default language did not match what I had set. In my case, it should have been English Canada, but was French Canada. I had to change region to US and language to English US and reboot. Now Cortana is back. Otherwise this build, for me, has been pretty stable with very little of the bugs others have noted in this thread.

This is a known issue affecting the last two builds. Please leave or upvote feedback on the Feedback Hub!

ruserious87

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 950xl 14379 by far is the worst build thus far for me. Phone continually freezes after scrolling down action center. WiFi well good luck with that it may work for a day after a hard rest and then back to normal (not working). Action center text message responding is not very responsive along with deleting complete messages if you mis-swipe. They are not saved like other messages if you forget to send them. Battery drain haven't really noticed this but of course most features are on the fence of working.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Ed, after reading your post, I decided to check my settings (again!), my language settings were set correctly, BUT by being in the Cortana Settings area, I remembered I had set the Read Incoming text messages aloud a little while back to: Bluetooth and wired headsets; at the same time - as it turns out - that I lost the "Hey, Cortana" feature, while Bluetooth was ON.

I just set it to: Always on and "Hey, Cortana" is again responsive, while Bluetooth is ON. So, thank you Ed, for this":^)

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

No new builds today, as per Dona tweet. :(

How much longer must we suffer I can't even make 1 call out of my phone have soft reset it over 100,000 times in the last month with no saviour in sight this build sucks

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

How much longer must we suffer I can't even make 1 call out of my phone have soft reset it over 100,000 times in the last month with no saviour in sight this build sucks

there is always the option of going back to production builds. considering the problems you seem to constantly be having, id say its your best option.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

om this build the only problem I have is the battery drain. everything else seems to work

Before all was on the US for Cortana and now I'm changing all that to Canada to see

kjm30

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site

Weather app had my default location in London when I live nowhere near London, and wouldn't allow to change it in settings

B Eubanks

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Same problem for me on an L950 and L950XL. Ironically, it started the day after Canada day. English Canada simply will not stick if region is set to Canada. continually resets to French Canada, rendering Cortana virtually unusable.

Jackson Ombati

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

In this build another issue I have found (single SIM 950XL) is that my automatic quiet hours, that worked fine in previous builds neither turn on or turn off automatically any longer.

Please dp a simple quiet hours reset and I should work fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa