W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14379 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

With this build, I have been having this issue where I am unable to use Cycle Tracks GPS or CycloMeter, the two apps I am using to track my bike rides. Both the apps are unable to connect to GPS and fail to start tracking my ride. I soft-reset my Lumia 830; uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, and ensured they run in the background. Still, I am unable to use them.

--Ram

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

so is mine.

As others have noted, if you set the speech language in Cortana settings to English (US) and ignore the warning it gives you, Cortana will work OK and speak to you in English. It's a work-around that will hopefully become unnecessary soon. Leave/upvote feedback please!

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

As others have noted, if you set the speech language in Cortana settings to English (US) and ignore the warning it gives you, Cortana will work OK and speak to you in English. It's a work-around that will hopefully become unnecessary soon. Leave/upvote feedback please!

I did that just to try. Before I've always been on US setting and I've never had any problem with Cortana till today. Read a txt then I've replied with voice but I never was able to send it. Now I'm doing a reset. But now just realize that there is a new build.

Battery was very poor. from 100 to 49% in 3 hrs time

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Oh new build

And a new Firmware roll-out is being implemented by Regions (New firmware with the build 01078.00053.16236.35xxx). I hope to see it after the OS update is complete!";^)

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

And a new Firmware roll-out is being implemented by Regions (New firmware with the build 01078.00053.16236.35xxx). I hope to see it after the OS update is complete!";^)

Downloading as well

Hoping the battery will improved

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Is that the firmware that gives double tap to wake for the 950XL?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Can't wait to get home to see if I have it. I have a Latin American spec 950XL DS that I bought used from B&H so I'm hopeful I'll see the FW update sooner than later.

Good Luck! I myself, find that I am checking updates every half hour, or so.

There is also an OS update, which I have downloaded, but it doesn't show anything new (just bug fixes, I guess) the good stuff is in the FW update:))))))

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Good Luck! I myself, find that I am checking updates every half hour, or so.

There is also an OS update, which I have downloaded, but it doesn't show anything new (just bug fixes, I guess) the good stuff is in the FW update:))))))

I hate to betray my ignorance, but how does the FW update show up? Is it clearly marked in the Update section? If so, I guess I don't have it yet.

On the bright side, Cortana seems content to keep my speech language as English (Canada). Des bonnes nouvelles!

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I hate to betray my ignorance, but how does the FW update show up? Is it clearly marked in the Update section? If so, I guess I don't have it yet.

On the bright side, Cortana seems content to keep my speech language as English (Canada). Des bonnes nouvelles!

Sorry Kerry, had a power outage last night due to storms:(

It will show up in under Phone Updates, for full details check here: Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL getting double-tap to wake, WiFi fixes in new firmware | Windows Central

Alberto Semenzato

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problem with Bluetooth toggle off. It freeze my Lumia 640 DS completely, and I need to soft reset the phone. It's a little annoying, but I can live with it until they fix it. What puzzles me, is that it freezes only when you toggle off from the action center, from settings it seems to work without issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion