W10M Insider Preview 14383 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14383 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

This build has not fixed the issue of duplicate notifications from action center. Notification delay to the Band 2 from a Lumia 950XL and, the phantom Windows Voice Recorder app update that won't update.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

So here we are, on possibly one of the last few builds before the anniversary update goes live, and yet the calendar live tile still does not work and I have to resize/repin it just to make it show the current date. It's been like that for several builds now. Anyone else still seeing this problem?

My friend has a 1520 with the calendar update bug. I do not have that on my 950XL. His 1520 updated Windows Voice Recorder, my 950XL has a phantom Windows Voice Recorder update that won't update - awesome!

Not bad, with only one more build before supposedly being RTM :)

berny_533

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Still unable to make or receive calls without a soft reset with the update, lag is unbelievable, wifi connect issues still persist, phone is still getting amazingly warm

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Still unable to make or receive calls without a soft reset with the update, lag is unbelievable, wifi connect issues still persist, phone is still getting amazingly warm
It is still syncing / updating core apps

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 950xl here, on 14383, battery drains like 20-25% per hour. Been like since the update. Restarted, soft reset multiple times. But no improvement. Suggest a hard reset?? I never had any problems before with the insider builds.
You aren't alone. My Lumia 950 XL does the same thing.

This is the first insider build to cause my 950 XL to misbehave at all. The phone gets quite hot to the touch and is burning through its battery as if background apps are running full-tilt all of the time.

I took the phone off the charger at 8:18am this morning and, at 9:47am, I checked the battery and it was down to 67%. 33% lost in just about 1.5 hours?! Wow.

Part of me wonders if this apparent change in behavior is due to the missing firmware update.

With all of that said, I do recognize that this is the risk I take with running the Insider Fast builds. You roll the dice and then you win some and lose some. :)

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm on Lumia 950 DS. This morning the phone was running scorching hot after updating late last night. Battery drained from 100% to 6% and shut down in less than 3 hours. I've check apps like OneDrive, Calendar & Mail, etc. to make sure my account information was correct and it was not hanging waiting for authentication as I had seen a few builds ago. I can find no reason for the drain. App use history shows START at 38% battery use though.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

It is still syncing / updating core apps
I respectfully disagree with this response, Maurizio. My 950 XL is fully up to date, per the Store app. It just runs hot and drains its battery faster than any build I've ever had on this phone. It's pretty bad.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I respectfully disagree with this response, Maurizio. My 950 XL is fully up to date, per the Store app. It just runs hot and drains its battery faster than any build I've ever had on this phone. It's pretty bad.

And which app is drainin most? are you in 4G / Wifi full coverage?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

This update broke a lot of things on my 950XL. Edge crashes on launch as do quite a few other apps. UC Browser crashes, but Surfy does not so I can get on line if needed. I'll probably need to do a full reset which is not the end of the world. The only really irritating thing about that is that whatever broke on this update also broke my ability to backup my SMS. This totally manual process for backing up SMS/MMS seems to be a bit of a hole in the automatic backup.

I may hold off a few days to see if the next update fixes whatever files got broken in this update because I'd like to get a backup of my SMS/MMS data.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

And which app is drainin most? are you in 4G / Wifi full coverage?
I'm in a house with my wifi router in the room next to me. I have a gigabit Internet connection. I can assure you that this is a build problem, not an app problem.

To answer the question about background apps (which I'm quite aware of - this isn't my first time with problematic builds):

Settings is highest at 19%
Facebook 17%
Messenger (Beta) 12%
Windows Central (the 8.1 app) 12%
Start is at 10%
The rest are under 10% so I won't bother listing them.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

It seems good on my Lumia 1520. Just installed. Waiting for a day or two to know the exact performance.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm in a house with my wifi router in the room next to me. I have a gigabit Internet connection. I can assure you that this is a build problem, not an app problem.

To answer the question about background apps (which I'm quite aware of - this isn't my first time with problematic builds):

Settings is highest at 19%
Facebook 17%
Messenger (Beta) 12%
Windows Central (the 8.1 app) 12%
Start is at 10%
The rest are under 10% so I won't bother listing them.

Funny how experience may vary on same devices, according to users

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Funny how experience may vary on same devices, according to users
And yet there are plenty of folks who're reporting the same basic behavior as what I've shared. So I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic comment in my direction or simply an observation. Text entries on a website make such things rather unclear. :)

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14383 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Slow Ring)

I'm thinking that the LAUNCH Button, is just a replacement for the INSTALLED Button? Is this possible?

Also, my Store seems to be updating (or at least checking for updates) Still!

Exactly

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

And yet there are plenty of folks who're reporting the same basic behavior as what I've shared. So I'm not sure if that was a sarcastic comment in my direction or simply an observation. Text entries on a website make such things rather unclear. :)
Obviously it was an observation, and my question followed my "friend to friend help desk" assistance experience ;)

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Obviously it was an observation, and my question followed my "friend to friend help desk" assistance experience ;)
Fair enough! This thread's topic is "Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14383 of W10M. Discuss it all here." so I wanted to share my experience (so far) so that others with similar problems will know that they aren't alone. I didn't post merely to complain.

I'm a bit frustrated that this has happened so that is coloring my responses and my interpretation of what is posted (thus my request for clarity). Sorry for pointing some of that your way, sir!

Back on topic! I read Mark Kaplan's post where he shared that he, too, had a problem with rapid battery drain but, after a recharge, the problem apparently resolved itself.

Therefore, I'm letting my 950 XL drain its battery to the point of shutdown. I'll then give it a full recharge and see how it does. This could certainly be a case of the OS not being able to properly manage the battery. I'll find out soon enough! :)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Is the FW update only for certain models?
Is the FW update a separate update?
Thanks. Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14383.0]

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Fair enough! This thread's topic is "Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Build 14383 of W10M. Discuss it all here." so I wanted to share my experience (so far) so that others with similar problems will know that they aren't alone. I didn't post merely to complain.

I'm a bit frustrated that this has happened so that is coloring my responses and my interpretation of what is posted (thus my request for clarity). Sorry for pointing some of that your way, sir!

Back on topic! I read Mark Kaplan's post where he shared that he, too, had a problem with rapid battery drain but, after a recharge, the problem apparently resolved itself.

Therefore, I'm letting my 950 XL drain its battery to the point of shutdown. I'll then give it a full recharge and see how it does. This could certainly be a case of the OS not being able to properly manage the battery. I'll find out soon enough! :)
You're a nice GrayW0lf.
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14383.0]

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss