W10M Insider Preview 14385 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Sheratan

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
After checking, the Glance option has been removed form my 'Extras' menu (when, I have no idea), and only shows in the Personalization menu.

Using 640LTE too? I have check update in store but no update, already hard reset and still got 2 glance menu.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Insider: Build 14385 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

well after upgrading my l 730 to the build 14385 , at the welcome screen where i have to choose my language i lost control over the touch. the device didnt respond . lock and volume keys were working but touch was somehow disabled. i had to do a soft reset to make it work again. this happened after a hard reset when i upgraded.

lets hope i dont find this again in daily use, anyone else got this ?

and does anyone know how could i get 4 columns of tiles in lumia 730, there is something to be done under scaling i learnt but if someone can tell he just how woul be every kind. :)

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I see nothing new in this build, but then the last few builds have all bean near-flawless (except the Voice recorder store update bug).

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
So in this build when I get a notification and my screen is locked it shows the notification like it should and one second before the notification disappears and the screen returns to locked/black it changes the brightness to a higher level than it should be. It reverts to what I've set but it just makes the screen more bright for 2 seconds and then it darkens and goes back to being locked.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Using 640LTE too? I have check update in store but no update, already hard reset and still got 2 glance menu.

I can confirm on my 640LTE that I only have one Glance menu option under Personalization. The Extras menu only contains the following entries.

• Call & SMS Filter
  • display
  • Equalizer
  • Extras & Info
  • Lumia motion data
  • Network services
  • Touch

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

and does anyone know how could i get 4 columns of tiles in lumia 730, there is something to be done under scaling i learnt but if someone can tell he just how woul be every kind. :)

Settings -> System -> Display

Scale down Size of text option to 175% and apply.

Then go to Settings -> Personalization -> Start

Select Show More Tiles at the bottom.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Store update bug gone for me though I am in previous build...
It seems msft took away the update...

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
for some reasons after upgrading to build 14385 on my 730 , cortana isn't showing the music note symbol on the top right corner of the screen.

is this related to my region and language setting? is this feature removed from this build?

any suggestion or solution will be much appreciated. :)

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So in this build when I get a notification and my screen is locked it shows the notification like it should and one second before the notification disappears and the screen returns to locked/black it changes the brightness to a higher level than it should be. It reverts to what I've set but it just makes the screen more bright for 2 seconds and then it darkens and goes back to being locked.
Meh... vut...? you vant da voild? Take a soft reset and vait for da next build.:wink:
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14385.0]

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm on my 640LTE that I only have one Glance menu option under Personalization. The Extras menu only contains the following entries.

• Call & SMS Filter
  • display
  • Equalizer
  • Extras & Info
  • Lumia motion data
  • Network services
  • Touch

Have 2 glance on my 640 too. The bad one under Extras does nothing and crashes.

sb1370

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the high battery usage while phone is sleep fixed for you in this build? For my Lumia 730, It started some builds ago and compared to before it's still high (however compared to 14383 it's a little better).

Last edited:

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Was having major heat issues on my L950 w/ build 14383, plus fast battery drain. Phone would get super hot just browsing web using Edge for 5 minutes. 14385 seems to have fixed the heat issue for me. Just updated last night, so waiting to see if battery has improved - although I assume it has, as often goes hand in hand with the heating up.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Have 2 glance on my 640 too. The bad one under Extras does nothing and crashes.

PF, it seems that this model is prone to this bug, for it has been mentioned before; if a soft-reset doesn't fix it, AND it is not causing a functional problem with the phone, or with Glance (other than annoyance), I would wait for the next build(s), or until until the Anniversary Update is released to see if it gets fixed on its own. If it does not get fixed with the Anniversary Update (2 weeks away), you should think about a Hard Reset.

In the meantime, I would be sure to report it in the FEEDBAK HUB, and watch for Known Issues in said Hub. At least that has been the approach I have taken for an issue I am having on the 950XL (Voice/Call Recorder).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I see no change so far in this build (for the good, or the bad). Voice recorder still a No-Go for me, but at least it is listed in the known issues - so like the FW, it's just a matter of time.

Note: written 100% from 950XL word flow.

LOL.... sure it works....Now it is attached to Groove music for the play back.

Last edited:

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
PF, it seems that this model is prone to this bug, for it has been mentioned before; if a soft-reset doesn't fix it, AND it is not causing a functional problem with the phone, or with Glance (other than annoyance), I would wait for the next build(s), or until until the Anniversary Update is released to see if it gets fixed on its own. If it does not get fixed with the Anniversary Update (2 weeks away), you should think about a Hard Reset.

In the meantime, I would be sure to report it in the FEEDBAK HUB, and watch for Known Issues in said Hub. At least that has been the approach I have taken for an issue I am having on the 950XL (Voice/Call Recorder).

Thanks guy. These things, don't really bother me anymore. W10M is just what it is. Was just helping to confirm that this problem is not just happening to 1 person.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
for some reasons after upgrading to build 14385 on my 730 , cortana isn't showing the music note symbol on the top right corner of the screen.

is this related to my region and language setting? is this feature removed from this build?

any suggestion or solution will be much appreciated. :)

I couldn't see that icon before (up until 10586.456) but now I can see and use it on 14385. Living in Turkey, Region&Lang set to US English

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
After 1 day use:
-Tapping on cellular data/GPS tile on the action center (if it's pulled down on the lock screen) makes the notification pull-down menu jump up-down and close the menu.
-Cortana tile is broken, it's either a blank tile or just the round icon. Sometimes it's main screen is also just a white box saying: Interests - Tap to view
-Microsoft Health app started draining serious battery percentage and it's live tile went broken. Uninstall/reinstall didn't fix
-Calendar reminders come 1 hour late, submitted an error report about another late-notification for Cortana (directions sharing from PC to Phone), probably the same issue
-Wi-Fi shows 'no connection' after some use. I had to restart phone twice today.
-Battery life looks genuinely good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)