Microsoft STOP PLEASE These Mobile builds as of 14385 are getting WORSE OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't take it anymore. I am about to leave this ecosystem. I am sending off a tweet to Panos Panay, Bill Gates, Satya Nadella and heck Steve Balmer about how insanely horrid these builds are. There is no excuse for just how bad this is. No software company, let alone the premier software company on the planet, should be release software that is this garbage.

I don't CARE if these are preview beta builds. We are getting close to a release of Redstone 1 and gosh darnit these builds should becoming more stable.

I want to jump of this fast ring and head to the slow ring or off insider period.

Windows 10 or Xbox preview programs do crap like this. New options and or features may have bugs but this crapolla keeps screwing everything up for the entire windows mobile OS. It sucks SO bad.

The battery life is doing insanely crazy things. It will be 100% full and 10 minutes. YES 10 minutes later it will be down to like 15 - 20% and start rebooting like crazy. Then it will get so hot the battery completely drains and you have to plug it in.

LOL i literally have to plug in this phone to even get any use out of it. FML

Microsoft this is embarrassing. And I don't care what jolly naysayers:cry: come here and say "get off the fast ring" or "it's beta bro" it doesn't matter. This experience is horrible and Microsoft and the development team working on this should be embarrassed. Fired, or restructured. NOW.

People are experiencing this and they shouldn't have to. Nothing should ever be released like this EVER. NOTHING. EVER. no matter how alpha or beta this is. my god.

Please people help Microsoft out by yelling at them for this so they FIX it. don't cuddle them into thinking well der der derrrr it's not that bad. NO it's bad and they need to FIX IT...

/rant

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
i will take a video from my friends phone and post it on youtube. would you believe me then? i will take a video from my laptop even. why do you think i would take the time to lie about this? i want Microsoft to win and be better and get this darned mobile thing right. I want these things. but these release are TRASH

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The purpose of preview builds is to try new stuff and get feedback on what's broken. If you want fully working and polished, you should be on production not insider.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd be inclined to agree with OP's sentiment, but the thing is that W10M appears to potentially have very different experiences for different people. That inconsistency has bothered me since Threshold days and makes me worry.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
ive always been on release software vs insider or fast rings, and never had issues other than very occasional hiccups. i dont get people who sign up to be beta testers and complain on public forums that beta is broken.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Not having any of those issues

QHBXtMo.jpg

Sent from mTalk

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Who said that official releases work well also? It is an infinitively messy Os with one step forth and two back... My unsupported 1020 also, may be working better than supported phones. What a mess!!!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have to say I used to be on the insider program on my 1520, I didn't have any particular bad issues apart from once when Groove ceased to work. I chose to leave the program and go back to production build, since then I have purchased a 950XL and stayed on production.

You chose to be on insiders, if you have had a bad experience then you have an option, the same goes for your choice of the 950XL, been great for me, no problems at all.

If you have had problems (And looking back through many of your previous posts you seem to have had a lot of them), have you tried to sort them out, for example rather than being on insiders, going to production.

As for not caring what people say about people who chose to join a beta program and expect it all to be plain sailing, I would say you maybe need to take a deep breath and think it through.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I think Release Preview has gotten really stable, across our 950XL, M8, and 1020.
If you *choose* to run bleeding edge builds, expect it to hurt, sometimes.
Maybe they're trying RS2 features early, on that branch; not saying this is the case, but it's not our decision, and certainly 100% our choice to use them though.
If it hurts, and you keep putting your finger out, well...

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I really cant say you can blame the os at this point, it is extremely stable across all my devices ranging from an Icon to the 650 up to the 950XL.
seems more like you are experiencing a hardware issue with your particular mobile device.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This current build is very smooth on my 640 XL. I'd say Microsoft hit the nail on the head with this build. No excessive battery drain on my Band, Bluetooth connection is fast and effortless, and just overall feels solid. I've been an insider since last May 2015 & I can tell you, they've come a long way.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The INSIDER BUILDS have definitely been good and bad. LOL Which we knew there would be bugs when we signed up.
The latest builds are running better than ever on my 950XL

I am also loving the PHONE COMPANION feature that works in conjunction with the fast ring build on my Windows 10 PC

Being able to read and reply to phone text messages on the PC without having to physically grab my phone is really awesome.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nice clickbait.

For me, the last few Insider builds have been near flawless and performance/battery usage is even better than Threshold, so I definitely cannot relate to your rant.

By the way, Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates don't care a bit about you leaving the ecosystem. They don't work at MS anymore.

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to the MSFT store tomorrow to replace my phone. If its only me having issues then perhaps its the hardware. I can keep my phone from rebooting without it plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)