No Internet Access when connected to Wi-Fi

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I was out of town with no access to Wi-Fi last week, so I didn't get build 14385 until I returned home Saturday. When I visited my mother's house on Sunday and my brother's house yesterday, I experienced this issue that I've never seen in any previous builds.

When I arrived at these family members' houses where I had previously used Wi-Fi, my phone automatically connected to their router, but the Wi-Fi status in the notification center on my Lumia 640 XL showed "No Internet Access" I tested several apps and found out that I really couldn't connect to the internet using their routers. I tried disconnecting and deleting the connection before reconnecting, but I still couldn't access the internet via Wi-Fi.

I thought this was strange since other phones and computers at both locations had no issues using the internet. In both cases, I was able to get online after power cycling my phone. This seems to be an issue with the OS. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it a new problem with the latest build, or have I just been lucky until now.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how Microsoft looks at the suggestions? When submitting feedback, is it beneficial to upvote as many related posts as possible? When I searched, I just found one submission for "No Internet Access" with 5 votes and two separate submissions with 9 votes each.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup, same issue for me. Power cycle fixed it. Not sure if it's a persistent bug or not. Meaning, this was the first time I connected to this network since upgrading so I'm not sure if it just needed that inital power cycle or if it will reoccur.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was out of town with no access to Wi-Fi last week, so I didn't get build 14385 until I returned home Saturday. When I visited my mother's house on Sunday and my brother's house yesterday, I experienced this issue that I've never seen in any previous builds.

When I arrived at these family members' houses where I had previously used Wi-Fi, my phone automatically connected to their router, but the Wi-Fi status in the notification center on my Lumia 640 XL showed "No Internet Access" I tested several apps and found out that I really couldn't connect to the internet using their routers. I tried disconnecting and deleting the connection before reconnecting, but I still couldn't access the internet via Wi-Fi.

I thought this was strange since other phones and computers at both locations had no issues using the internet. In both cases, I was able to get online after power cycling my phone. This seems to be an issue with the OS. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is it a new problem with the latest build, or have I just been lucky until now.

Simply soft reset, or delete your saved connection. On most phones it was fixed last weekend

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how Microsoft looks at the suggestions? When submitting feedback, is it beneficial to upvote as many related posts as possible? When I searched, I just found one submission for "No Internet Access" with 5 votes and two separate submissions with 9 votes each.

Never heard about Bug Bash Days? ;)

Relax they fixed it.
My 650 before last build disconnected wifi once a hour, now it works flawlessy

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Simply soft reset, or delete your saved connection.
I'm confused by this response. As stated in my original post, deleting the saved connection made no difference, but power cycling seems to have restored my internet connection via Wi-Fi at both locations in question.

On most phones it was fixed last weekend
If build 14385 was installed on July 9 (the day Windows Central first reported the new build), and I noticed issues with Wi-Fi on this build starting on July 10, how was the issue fixed on most phones last weekend?

My 650 before last build disconnected wifi once a hour, now it works flawlessy
It sounds like you are referring to a different Wi-Fi issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If build 14385 was installed on July 9 (the day Windows Central first reported the new build), and I noticed issues with Wi-Fi on this build starting on July 10, how was the issue fixed on most phones last weekend?

Dona Sarkar called it "the first weekend build ever released" due to previous 4th July looong vacancy weekend

Previous build wifi well know iussues were removed from known list, and in forum we notice a better wifi loggin and stability.

No internet after connecting happens when a router DHCP is unable to assign a new IP to a just connected device or communicate corect gateway.

Rebooting phone (or sometimes router itself) always fixed that definitively

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here on my Lumia 950 Dual SIM.

Connected to the WiFi connection but "No Internet Access".

Rebooting the phone fixes it.

Helgeckel

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here on my 950. This problem started for me maybe 3 or 4 builds ago (maybe also in correspondence with the recent firmware update?) but never had it before! Also for me, restart fixed but this is no solution....

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting this anymore on my L930 after updating to 14393 and I thought this was put to bed. Maybe not for some phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786