W10M Insider Preview 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Unsupported Devices)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
We will leave this thread sticky for Unsupported devices not moving on to Redstone builds.

Good Luck and God Bless.

but one of my unsupported devices already moved on to RS1.. :p

why not make this the sticky for "die hard x20 lumia users" so we can share how well our unsupported lumias run RS1 and 2 and 3 and so on

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but one of my unsupported devices already moved on to RS1.. :p

why not make this the sticky for "die hard x20 lumia users" so we can share how well our unsupported lumias run RS1 and 2 and 3 and so on

I'm not sure many 512MB RAM devices will leap the gap to Redstone.

CDRWorg

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Anyone using this on Lumia 920/925/1020 devices?

I still have some of those in the family, but due to Microsoft killing Skype on 8.1, there is pressure to update. The users however are not tech geeks, but rather senior citizens, so the core functionality would need to be pretty stable (if possible with Windows 10..).

An area of special interest is the mobile hotspot / Internet sharign, which has been problematic in the past for these devices running W10M.

- Could someone confirm whether mobile hotspot now works and is stable on any of these devices?
- Any other showstoppers I should be aware of?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Huge battery drain for aparently no reason. Phone becoming extremely hot.

As repeated always for older phones, let them updating, caching and syncing a couple of days, plugged and wifi connected.
Check pending Store app list and Data sense

If phone becomes too slow for normal use, e.g. texting, a simple soft reset

markryb

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
possibly a stupid question... I have a HTC ONE M8 running 10586.494 with battery drain issues .. since it is an "unsupported device" , can I get the last update 10586.545 ? ( or am I officially removed from insider program ?) I have not seen/read a definative answer (could be my fault)..
was kind of hoping I would get a final update with hopes of correcting the battery drain issue.. I read prior that my phone would be eligible for any
10586.xxx updates , but not any further updates past the 10586.xxx threshold level.
I almost wish I never did the last update...was fine with prior builds...

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
possibly a stupid question... I have a HTC ONE M8 running 10586.494 with battery drain issues .. since it is an "unsupported device" , can I get the last update 10586.545 ? ( or am I officially removed from insider program ?) I have not seen/read a definative answer (could be my fault)..
was kind of hoping I would get a final update with hopes of correcting the battery drain issue.. I read prior that my phone would be eligible for any
10586.xxx updates , but not any further updates past the 10586.xxx threshold level.
I almost wish I never did the last update...was fine with prior builds...

yes you can get it, unroll from insiders, you will see it shows "you are now on production ring" and that ring doesnt have your phone on a ban list i think

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks ... downloading the update now THANKS !....... hope the battery issues are addressed (did not see it in change log)

oh I dont think they fixed it, I was hoping the same but my poor 928 was at 28% when i woke up so its now getting rs1 too, last device i had on th2, but who knows, maybe it works for you, its w10 after all :p

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using this on Lumia 920/925/1020 devices?

I still have some of those in the family, but due to Microsoft killing Skype on 8.1, there is pressure to update. The users however are not tech geeks, but rather senior citizens, so the core functionality would need to be pretty stable (if possible with Windows 10..).

An area of special interest is the mobile hotspot / Internet sharign, which has been problematic in the past for these devices running W10M.

- Could someone confirm whether mobile hotspot now works and is stable on any of these devices?
- Any other showstoppers I should be aware of?

you have until some time after 2017 to give them a pair of 640 or whatever wp costs 30$ at that point, which is the easiest way to keep skype running, other than that I dont think anyone can guarantee you if feature A or B will work, even if I had 10 old lumias and all of them had hotspot working I wouldnt recommend you taking the risk just to find out, w10 cant be predicted, I have two 822 around here one perfectly fine on latest TH2 build, the other cant even boot consistently but works completely fine on 8.1 so obviously not broken hardware, just w10 being w10

and if stability/reliability is a showstopper, dont even consider w10m, many will say it works 100% fine, but just as many will say the complete opposite, and thats just how w10m is for the moment

Abhinaba Hazra

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
yes you can get it, unroll from insiders, you will see it shows "you are now on production ring" and that ring doesnt have your phone on a ban list i think

I am unable to leave insider as Windows insider app always shows me server problem. I checked date & time, all is okay but still showing server problem. If i set date & time in auto mode on - result is not changed. Please help.

b9c8fb0f7e247a5d5ab5ad56cd7971ca.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea