W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

Last night or so i discover that there is a toggle for handset and speaker during a call.

Kind of cool.
Put the phone to your ear when removing it then It goes to external speaker by itself.

I don't know if it's new or not

It has been there for the redstone builds. There is also a feature when you make a call and it is answered the phone will vibrate to let you know so you dont hold it next to your ear.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

This new update seems to be giving me notifications again with locked screen. But will see.

It seems a bit faster too.

I like that they can now do cumulative updates on mobile without downloading the whole rom over and over.
Luck on point #1
Hmmm, I agree on point #2
INDEED on point#3

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.3]

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

It has been there for the redstone builds. There is also a feature when you make a call and it is answered the phone will vibrate to let you know so you dont hold it next to your ear.
Yes. I quite like that feature. It smacks of REAL NICE ergonomics. There ought to be an award for whoever thought it up.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

Does anybody else use a Lumia 635 (1GB model)?

I have an issue on mine that was introduced a number of builds back (and I have left feedback about in the Feedback Hub) which has never been acknowledged in the "known issues" when a new build is released. I've also not seen anybody else mention it.:shocked:

The issue is that the Navigation Bar is fixed on screen on that device, so is not able to be swiped away and hidden. For all apps (Microsoft and all other developers) the apps do not take the fixed Nav Bar into account and so do not adjust to the screen accordingly. This leaves the bottom section of apps completely hidden. Most apps have options at the bottom, or that is where you move around within the app, i.e. Instagram. Because these options are completely hidden by the Nav Bar it makes a lot of the apps unusable and therefore W10M pretty much useless on a Lumia 635.:unhappy:

Soft and hard resets have not resolved the issue.

As I say this issue was 'introduced' a number of builds back and has persisted ever since, including the most recent 14393 build.

I attach a screenshot of how the Windows Central app looks. Where the screenshot ends (under the word "Evernote") is where the Nav Bar is fixed on screen and the option within the app (which from memory I recall as being 'refresh') is completely hidden rather than the screen having been adjusted for the 'refresh' option to show above the Nav Bar.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has this issue, or did have the issue but has managed to fix it, or if anybody has any ideas on how to fix it.

Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160723_0001.png
    wp_ss_20160723_0001.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 11

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Does anybody else use a Lumia 635 (1GB model)?

I have an issue on mine that was introduced a number of builds back (and I have left feedback about in the Feedback Hub) which has never been acknowledged in the "known issues" when a new build is released. I've also not seen anybody else mention it.:shocked:

The issue is that the Navigation Bar is fixed on screen on that device, so is not able to be swiped away and hidden. For all apps (Microsoft and all other developers) the apps do not take the fixed Nav Bar into account and so do not adjust to the screen accordingly. This leaves the bottom section of apps completely hidden. Most apps have options at the bottom, or that is where you move around within the app, i.e. Instagram. Because these options are completely hidden by the Nav Bar it makes a lot of the apps unusable and therefore W10M pretty much useless on a Lumia 635.:unhappy:

Soft and hard resets have not resolved the issue.

As I say this issue was 'introduced' a number of builds back and has persisted ever since, including the most recent 14393 build.

I attach a screenshot of how the Windows Central app looks. Where the screenshot ends (under the word "Evernote") is where the Nav Bar is fixed on screen and the option within the app (which from memory I recall as being 'refresh') is completely hidden rather than the screen having been adjusted for the 'refresh' option to show above the Nav Bar.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody else has this issue, or did have the issue but has managed to fix it, or if anybody has any ideas on how to fix it.

Regards,
Paul
Hi Paul,
I'm not on a Lumia 635, but when you go into "Settings" is there a Search Bar at the top of your screen?
If there is, type in Navigation Bar.

<edit> Paul, I Googled the L635 Nav Bar and they say the Nav Bar does not Hide in 8.1 NOR in 10 Preview
But hang in there, maybe some Big Dogs around here have some ideas.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone still have the bug where when you swipe to the all app list, the app icons are blank?

Or Is it just me?

This annoys me so much

I'm so used to that, even my notebook, that's a graphic refresh lag for keeping free video memory IMHO

Since updating to 14393.3 on mobile , I have not seen this problem... *Fingers Crossed it stays this way*

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Thinking about updating to Fast Ring (now on Release preview ring) to get started with the anniversary update. Is it completely stable by now? Is a fresh reset required/recommended or can I just upgrade OTA?

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Latest build on Att branded 950, no notifications to show when the notification icon appears at the top.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

The navbar issue is particularly annoying with the Domino's Pizza app, notice the small green sliver at the bottom of the screen, this is what you're supposed to press to add to your order. You cant scroll the screen either as it bounces immediately back to the position shown. Quite difficult to action this button when it's like this.

domino.jpg

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

The navbar issue is particularly annoying with the Domino's Pizza app, notice the small green sliver at the bottom of the screen, this is what you're supposed to press to add to your order. You cant scroll the screen either as it bounces immediately back to the position shown. Quite difficult to action this button when it's like this.

View attachment 128802

Are you unable to swipe down navi bar sliding upside from the bottom???

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Maybe, but I won't be using the app again for a while now, can't have pizza too often, or I'll get fat(ter).

Do you mean to say the Domino's app is the only app that does this to you?
What model phone you on?

Peace. Alan

don4law

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Version 14393.3 is missing call recording AGAIN. I am so sick of features constantly disappearing with new builds.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Version 14393.3 is missing call recording AGAIN. I am so sick of features constantly disappearing with new builds.

My 950 DS and 950XL DS both have call recording on 14393.3, and it works. Which phone?

don4law

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I have seen this on a number of fites, especially with the News App - can't scroll because the web pages constantly bounces and returns to the top of the page despite attempting to scroll

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99