08-18-2016 11:45 AM
364 ... 12131415
tools
    I've been traveling last couple of days ( and still on the road). Report: Maps: Fail!; Camera: Fail!; Receive Calls: Fail!; Bluetooth: Fail!; 5 second delay is back: Double Fail!; Photo viewing: Fail! OneNote: Fail!

And to top it off my PS3 is acting like it wants to emulate my phone. Both devices were a pain in the ***, this trip.
    07-29-2016 09:47 PM
    07-29-2016 09:54 PM
    One nice thing: It seems like Garmin StreetPilot finally resumes reliably. Hope it's not a fluke, bit it resumed three times. I can't recall the last time it resumed successfully, so I'm tempted to be optimistic.

Not so great: The photos app had some pinch zoom bug, like the zoom center was incorrectly interpolated.

I also had my first lockup today. I think I left WhatsApp open, and after going to sleep ot (950XL) wouldn't wake after a few tries. Ended up hard rebooting.

Still positive overall, battery life seems good.

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    07-29-2016 11:56 PM
    Besides the contacts pictures not appearing in the Contacts live tile, I think that this build (I'm on Release Preview) is pretty good. I used a Lumia 950 XL in march for a review and I was very disappointed. Came back to Windows 10 Mobile with Lumia 950 and it's a completely different thing now after Anniversary Update: fast and reliable. Still some crash here and there, but more solid performance than launch.
    07-30-2016 05:53 AM
    Besides the contacts pictures not appearing in the Contacts live tile, I think that this build (I'm on Release Preview) is pretty good. I used a Lumia 950 XL in march for a review and I was very disappointed. Came back to Windows 10 Mobile with Lumia 950 and it's a completely different thing now after Anniversary Update: fast and reliable. Still some crash here and there, but more solid performance than launch.
    Deleting the tile and re-pinning to start fixed my contact pics
    07-30-2016 08:33 AM
    So far great build for me. All apps seem to be working, maps worked as expected, camera good. Blue tooth in car and wireless headphones, no issues. Only issue I had was that I have a Celfi from T-Mobile and I was in middle of call when got home and transitioning from cell tower to celfi killed call. All calls dropped after until I rebooted. May have been celfi issue, not sure on that.
    07-30-2016 08:36 AM
    Build is amazing tbh. I feel this is finally microsoft not forcing people to pay for a beta OS (mobile not desktop) my phone hasn't had one freeze or restart since ive updated a few days ago. Usually I get at least 2 per day. A lot of my apps aren't moving super slow and everything just feels like what I should've gotten last year when I bought my 950
    07-30-2016 12:42 PM
    I've been traveling last couple of days ( and still on the road). Report: Maps: Fail!; Camera: Fail!; Receive Calls: Fail!; Bluetooth: Fail!; 5 second delay is back: Double Fail!; Photo viewing: Fail! OneNote: Fail!

And to top it off my PS3 is acting like it wants to emulate my phone. Both devices were a pain in the ***, this trip.
    I'll be driving in a foreign country soon and will be relying on Maps to get me from the airport to where I'm staying and also other places while I'm away. What problems did you have with maps specifically?
    07-30-2016 02:55 PM
    This build 14393.5 has also been a very solid performer on my Lumia 640 LTE (RM-1073_1004). I have spent the past week using apps heavily trying to get it to fail or lock up in some way. No matter what I have tried the OS and all apps have worked as expected, no problems at all. Battery life is fantastic and the phone is very quick, snappy and responsive. Overall I find Win 10 is much better in every way than Win 8.1. As a retired engineer I am very impressed that I am getting this level of performance from a lower end phone.
    07-30-2016 07:52 PM
    I'll be driving in a foreign country soon and will be relying on Maps to get me from the airport to where I'm staying and also other places while I'm away. What problems did you have with maps specifically?
    Hey speccy,

Trip down:
    wp_ss_20160727_0001.jpg
    > Blacked-out data

> Location indicator had me about 100M is a field unlit I did a reboot.

> Would freeze during the use of the on-screen functions (e.g. zoom, north icon)

Note: ALL issues were the result of touching or picking up the phone.

RETURN Trip:
    > could not select a destination from Favorites, nor History; if did, the app froze EVERY TIME (had to back out and try again, even did a reboot). Had to use Search, then start typing, after entering a few letters I could select from the list presented, hit GO, and then all was well.

> After using the phone to receive a message, incoming call, or some other function, on a number of occasions, the Maps would freeze - especially if the orientation was change during the course of doing the other function (I use Maps in the landscape mode).

> I needed to locate a store in a big shopping mall, used Cortana to show me the closest Store location, which she did, tap on the directions, Maps app froze (NEVER could find a way to use the go feature, just used the map and my position indicator to find the store).
    07-31-2016 02:07 PM
    Ok, just jumped onto Insider Release Preview build 14393.5 on my AT&T branded 950....definitively improvements as the OS feels faster and smoother then 10586 build...Haven't had a chance to thoroughly review this entire thread...Did a hard reset as to NOT have Windows Insider app builds present...all seems ok, but will have to do more testing...One aspec/glitch that I did notice was a blank Facebook tile in the app settings...uninstalled Facebook reinstalled still there.....You can rt click on the blank Facebook tile----->to get the uninstall option but nothing happens when pressed:
    wp_ss_20160731_0002.jpg
    08-01-2016 12:30 AM
    Hey speccy,

Trip down:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160727_0001.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	129020
    > Blacked-out data

> Location indicator had me about 100M is a field unlit I did a reboot.

> Would freeze during the use of the on-screen functions (e.g. zoom, north icon)

Note: ALL issues were the result of touching or picking up the phone.

RETURN Trip:
    > could not select a destination from Favorites, nor History; if did, the app froze EVERY TIME (had to back out and try again, even did a reboot). Had to use Search, then start typing, after entering a few letters I could select from the list presented, hit GO, and then all was well.

> After using the phone to receive a message, incoming call, or some other function, on a number of occasions, the Maps would freeze - especially if the orientation was change during the course of doing the other function (I use Maps in the landscape mode).

> I needed to locate a store in a big shopping mall, used Cortana to show me the closest Store location, which she did, tap on the directions, Maps app froze (NEVER could find a way to use the go feature, just used the map and my position indicator to find the store).
    Thank you for the very comprehensive reply. I did try out the maps app yesterday for a car journey of about 90 mins duration, and it was fine both there and back, maybe I was just lucky, but I so hope it doesn't let me down when I'm abroad. Getting lost in ones own country is not a big deal, but getting lost in a country when you don't speak the language could be a challenge
    mtf1380 likes this.
    08-01-2016 04:20 AM
    Ok, just jumped onto Insider Release Preview build 14393.5 on my AT&T branded 950....definitively improvements as the OS feels faster and smoother then 10586 build...Haven't had a chance to thoroughly review this entire thread...Did a hard reset as to NOT have Windows Insider app builds present...all seems ok, but will have to do more testing...One aspec/glitch that I did notice was a blank Facebook tile in the app settings...uninstalled Facebook reinstalled still there.....You can rt click on the blank Facebook tile----->to get the uninstall option but nothing happens when pressed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160731_0002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	129023
    I have had that exact problem at least three times. Hard reset does not eliminate it. I just abandoned 14393.5 because of heating from the OS gobbling up battery mA, bluetooth, and other things like you show. I use FB in the Edge browser so I always uninstall it and that blank tile won't go away. I did a WDRT restore because I wanted to go back to 10586.494 for various reasons. Only then did the Facebook and blank tile problem go away.
    Last edited by Mark F24; 08-01-2016 at 05:51 AM.
    08-01-2016 05:40 AM
    I've had this phantom program issue before too, it wasn't Facebook though, it was the Messaging app, I think it just disappeared on a future update.
    08-01-2016 05:51 AM
    And so right on schedule i.e. about a week after installing an update, the problems begin. Having lots of issues unlocking my 950 today, nothing on the screen (not even glance) though it's clicking away like something is happening in the background, the iris scanner goes on and off during this too.

It does eventually wake up, but it's not right and took many presses before I could get anywhere. I hate to say it, but this is true to form for these mobile releases, and here was I hoping that as this was pretty much the release candidate, that these kind of issues would have been squashed by now.

On top of that, when I take a photo and then want to share it via Outlook, it keeps saying that something went wrong and that the photo is unavailable and to try again later. Trying again later does actually work, but I never had this issue before.
    08-01-2016 04:04 PM
    @speccy & Mark,

Thanks for the confirmation of this 'phantom program' issue, as after reviewing various threads this is very common in the Redstone builds...
    As you made mention a 'hard reset' does nothing to rectify this disturbing coding flaw...
    08-01-2016 06:56 PM
    And so right on schedule i.e. about a week after installing an update, the problems begin. Having lots of issues unlocking my 950 today, nothing on the screen (not even glance) though it's clicking away like something is happening in the background, the iris scanner goes on and off during this too.

It does eventually wake up, but it's not right and took many presses before I could get anywhere. I hate to say it, but this is true to form for these mobile releases, and here was I hoping that as this was pretty much the release candidate, that these kind of issues would have been squashed by now.

On top of that, when I take a photo and then want to share it via Outlook, it keeps saying that something went wrong and that the photo is unavailable and to try again later. Trying again later does actually work, but I never had this issue before.
    Are you talking about what's going on behind the tiles, like all glitchy and whatnot? Mine just started today, like it's doubling my tiles in the background and when I slide over to my apps list its even worse.
    08-01-2016 07:29 PM
    Thank you for the very comprehensive reply. I did try out the maps app yesterday for a car journey of about 90 mins duration, and it was fine both there and back, maybe I was just lucky, but I so hope it doesn't let me down when I'm abroad. Getting lost in ones own country is not a big deal, but getting lost in a country when you don't speak the language could be a challenge
    speccy, make sure to update your offline maps; and I would do this as far in advance as I could - in case you run into a snag. As far as travel in a non-English Speaking Country; I usually just follow the crowd, and do a lot of pointing:)
    08-01-2016 08:19 PM
    I have already downloaded the UK map (where I live), and also for the destination country :) Good advice though.
    08-02-2016 02:03 AM
    Are you talking about what's going on behind the tiles, like all glitchy and whatnot? Mine just started today, like it's doubling my tiles in the background and when I slide over to my apps list its even worse.
    No, that's not what I'm experiencing, basically when I press the unlock button, the iris scanner comes on but the screen does not. Even worse, the iris scanner is not working properly, a lot of the time (when the screen does eventually start working), it says it's looking for me when it's right in front of my face but it can't actually see me for some reason. Once it does unlock, it seems to work normally except for the sharing of photos via Outlook as mentioned. Have done a soft reset just now and the unlock screen and iris scanner seem to be working normally again, for now.
    08-02-2016 02:12 AM
    No, that's not what I'm experiencing, basically when I press the unlock button, the iris scanner comes on but the screen does not. Even worse, the iris scanner is not working properly, a lot of the time (when the screen does eventually start working), it says it's looking for me when it's right in front of my face but it can't actually see me for some reason. Once it does unlock, it seems to work normally except for the sharing of photos via Outlook as mentioned. Have done a soft reset just now and the unlock screen and iris scanner seem to be working normally again, for now.
    Got it. My little problem stopped when I got home and used my wall charger. Could've been this cheap type c I use in my work truck that may have caused it to do that or heat up.
    08-02-2016 01:29 PM
    Anyone else notice that Call Recorder in gone again? (950XL, 14393.5)
    08-04-2016 03:58 PM
    Anyone else notice that Call Recorder in gone again? (950XL, 14393.5)
    I got on my 650 and works, everytime you need to activate it in Settings
    08-05-2016 02:38 AM
    Soft reset cured the unlock/blank-screen/iris-scanning issue... for a few days, but it's back again now. Must try harder MS, it's still not quite ready for general release yet.
    08-05-2016 04:53 AM
    I got on my 650 and works, everytime you need to activate it in Settings
    Hey Maurizio, thanks...unfortunately, it is no longer an option for me:(

It does not show up in: Settings > System > Phone > Default apps > Choose apps > Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls = "No compatible apps"
    08-05-2016 08:11 AM
364 ... 12131415