08-18-2016 11:45 AM
364 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Build 14393 out. Dowloading now.
    07-18-2016 05:19 PM
    I'm posting from build 14393. It's a brave new world here. The sky is no longer blue; instead, it's the colour of the sky in the Star Trek episode "That Which Survives".

Actually, it's the same sky and same world as before. Installation was quick and smooth. Everything seems to be working fine so far. I will reboot and post any noteworthy observations later.
    RumoredNow and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    07-18-2016 06:06 PM
    Insider Fast Ring moving on to 14393: Windows 10 build 14393 now available for Insiders on PC and phone | Windows Central

Improvements for Mobile

• We fixed an issue resulting in rapid battery drain when Visual Voicemail syncs voicemail messages on Dual SIM devices like the Lumia 950 XL.
    • We also fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon.
    • We fixed the issue causing Voice Recorder to not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. A app update was released last Friday that fixes this issue. Make sure you have the app version 10.1607.1931.0.
    • We fixed several issues impacting Dual SIM capabilities. Using a device with two SIMs should work as it should.

Known issues for Mobile

• We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
    • Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details.
    • Wallet users are prompted for a PIN twice when using tap to pay from a locked phone. You can enter their PIN twice and tap as usual once the phone is unlocked. A fix for this will come as a Wallet app update via the Store.
    • REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won't restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn't overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds. We will stop noting this going forward.

Zac Bowden writes:
    We're just 2 very short weeks away from the official launch date for the Anniversary Update, so it makes sense for Insiders to start testing the final bits now. Over the next couple of weeks, Microsoft will be flighting a number of hotfixes and patches to build 14393, all in preparation for a day-one patch that the public will download on August 2nd.
    07-18-2016 09:08 PM
    I keep getting "We couldn't finish installing updates." After downloading and restarting the phone, it quickly show the spinning gear for about 5second without the bar moving. Then it would load to the start screen with that message. I tried soft reset twice before restarting the download and uodate process but still, not working.

any ideas?

Im on a 950xl dual sim. First time having an update problems on insider programs. Currently on the lastest build ....90.
    berny_533 likes this.
    07-18-2016 09:39 PM
    For me , everything was normal except installation time. This build took a long time to get in. But all seems good now
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-18-2016 09:40 PM
    I really hope this is not RTM build with these two bugs

"We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
    Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details."

That's unacceptable....

Just as unacceptable as the blank tiles we are plagued with.. ugh.
    berny_533 likes this.
    07-18-2016 09:59 PM
    Ah, voice recorder works as intended
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-18-2016 11:00 PM
    I really hope this is not RTM build with these two bugs

"We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
    Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details."

That's unacceptable....

Just as unacceptable as the blank tiles we are plagued with.. ugh.
    At that releasing rate, there will be another dozen of builds I guess :D
    07-19-2016 02:26 AM
    Lumia 535 users on build 14393, are you feeling any improvement in battery performance? :-)
    07-19-2016 05:23 AM
    FWIW - I'm on a Lumia 930 and, so far, the battery still seems as bad with 14393 as the previous build. Managed to drop from 40% to 3% in 1 hour shortly after the installation.

Maybe this down to whatever "stuff" the phone tries to do after installing a new build (where I notice is it trying to do a backup), but I'm currently feeling a bit unimpressed. Currently have the phone on my wireless charger, and its only limped up to 19% after nearly two hours.

It looks like backups haven't worked properly since Saturday - if I could get a good backup today, I'd actually go for the hard reset route as it feels like that hopefully would finally help. On that subject, if I do a hard reset and don't do a restore, do you know whether any applications I manually install will pick up their backed up data from the cloud?

Ed
    07-19-2016 05:41 AM
    Updated my L930 this morning. The first impression is a much quicker response. The store opens a lot quicker and all other apps seem to respond quicker. Battery life as with the previous 3 builds, with mild use i have 40% left at night.
    So far the WiFi bug "No Internet" seems gone, but its early days.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-19-2016 05:48 AM
    I used my 950XL DS on this build yesterday evening and this morning. The only thing I've noticed so far is a bit of a stutter when opening some apps (like Edge) - the transition from the Start screen is not as smooth. Otherwise everything seems to work as intended and, so far, the "No Internet" wifi bug has not appeared.
    07-19-2016 06:04 AM
    anybody else experience problems with the notifications in de notification center?

when receiving mail/whatsapp or anything. And open them in their own app. The message in the notifications center won't leave.
    You have to swipe it away manually

runnning L950 with build 393 (I had it with the latest 2 builds)
    07-19-2016 06:34 AM
    anybody else experience problems with the notifications in de notification center?

when receiving mail/whatsapp or anything. And open them in their own app. The message in the notifications center won't leave.
    You have to swipe it away manually

runnning L950 with build 393 (I had it with the latest 2 builds)
    I am probably wrong, but isn't it designed that way? to keep the number of messages you entered into the settings for a particular notification?
    07-19-2016 06:47 AM
    I am probably wrong, but isn't it designed that way? to keep the number of messages you entered into the settings for a particular notification?
    i'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence.

But i've never had it. it doesn't seems logical to keep the message in the action center while the orginal message like an whatsapp of e-mail is already opened or read. Normally it would leave the notificatons center.

it look like a sync malfunction. because te same happens the other way around. Open the message within the notification center and the tile count won't reset. it does when you again open the orginal app.

(*action/notification center)
    07-19-2016 07:06 AM
    Upgraded to 393 last night. Took my phone off the charger this morning, and for the last 4 hours have used it normally for me this time of day. Spent an hour-and-a-half browsing and using apps, spent an hour listening to music through Bluetooth, and have spent about 45 minutes now using it as a mobile hotspot browsing with my laptop. I also talked on the phone (gasp! yes, some people still use them for that) for about 45 minutes. The rest of the time the phone has been idle.

During this time, I have dropped from 100% to 79%. On previous builds, during the same time and usage, I would drop to between 58% and 64%. While I'd rather it still be above 90%, I don't think it ever did that even on 8.1. However, it is a marked improvement over what I was seeing before. It is quite likely that I'll no longer have to charge it 4 times per day.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-19-2016 08:44 AM
    Some apps like twitter windows central are stuck in restoring user data or installing... for 8 hours and then install.
    Has anyone noticed this?
    07-19-2016 09:23 AM

Open the message within the notification center and the tile count won't reset. it does when you again open the orginal app.

(*action/notification center)
    yeah, I was wrong...sorry.

I just tested some email notifications in the Action Center; and once I opened an email (Outlook) message in the Action Center and viewed it in the Outlook App, upon returning to Action Center the message had been removed from the notification list.
    07-19-2016 09:53 AM
    I deleted one email and it remain attached to the email app as if it is still there. But not showing in action centre or inbox.

Edit: Off course restarting took care of it.
    Last edited by Alain_A; 07-19-2016 at 10:57 AM.
    07-19-2016 10:18 AM
    I deleted one email and it remain attached to the email app as if it is still there. But not showing in action centre or inbox
    Soft reset
    07-19-2016 10:26 AM
    My phone has been showing gears for over an hour with no movement on the status bar. Help me
    07-19-2016 10:32 AM
    My phone has been showing gears for over an hour with no movement on the status bar. Help me
    Do you left charger plugged=? Installation stops of battery goes down 40%.
    Plug phone.... if doens't move, soft reset, gears lasts max 30 mins
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    07-19-2016 10:41 AM
    Do you left charger plugged=? Installation stops of battery goes down 40%.
    Plug phone.... if doens't move, soft reset, gears lasts max 30 mins
    Phone is fully charged and plugged in will try soft reset
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-19-2016 10:51 AM
    Went to the MS store to update all the apps and I got a lot of "error, see details"
    Off course no details provided.

I guess hard reset later on
    07-19-2016 11:00 AM
    Went to the MS store to update all the apps and I got a lot of "error, see details"
    Off course no details provided.

I guess hard reset later on
    Simply tap on all circles
    07-19-2016 11:01 AM
364 ... 56789 ...