W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast Ring)

For me it is the same...I can record but the playback is through groove app

I show Voice Recorder in "All Apps", but it fails to launch (been like that for about 4/5 builds; at least it is mentioned in the "Known Issues").

In Settings > System > Phone > Default apps > Choose apps > Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls = No compatible apps (and grayed out)

Also: Store > Hamburger > Downloads and updates > Recent activity - Fails to popular for a long, long time some times, other times it is very fast? (probably be OK once it settles in).

The Cortana with/without using BT process seems to change ever so slightly (build to build), that becoming familiar with her mood is like flipping a coin (don't know if you are going to get her head, or her tail:).

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

is the Bluetooth bug still there? it was still present in 14385

Been using a Savi720 headset all morning with BT and it is smooth as butter (both Phone Calls and Cortana). Will go to the gym later and test another headset (LG) there using the Groove app, and let you know if I have a problem (950XL, DS, US).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

tried skype on the phone>.had problem>deleted it> can't install again

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

Poopy.

Updated to 14388 on 950 XL DS. Went well... until I tried to open Edge. Or Skype. Or certain options in Options. Tried soft reset a few times. Powered off for 5 minutes, powered back on. Didn't fix it.

Started the monitor from Feedback, showed them what happens, and now I'm hard resetting. Worst part is I just replaced the phone after it stopped vibrating, so I'm going through all the setup frustrations with the new backup scheme... again. :(

Oh well, such is life when living on the edge. Or Edge. Or something.

Do you try this right after update and login? If you ever finish an update you need to let it sit after update. You will notice when you swipe to the all apps list that all apps are in pending state. It likely does verification of the entire system and storage. Probably also why there's a bit of battery drain after each update. But I usually don't touch anything till that's done. After that I go to the store and do my updates. Then I reboot and start using.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

So far, I am liking where this W10M thing is going:)

I am actually getting to the point where I may even start pulling out my phone in public, OH Yeah!

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

AT&T 950 here on 14388. Bluetooth is working well for me, track timeline appears now on my car radio (Chevrolet Volt). That had been missing for a while (I think it came back on 14385 though)

Only two issues I have found, which I have left feedback for (or upvoted):

1) Sometimes unlocking with the button doesn't do anything, have to press the button many times, and sometimes just wait a little for the screen to unlock.

2) Can't swipe up to unlock if the audio controls are on the screen. This was happening some time ago, then went away, and now is back.

Other than that, things are very smooth, only making W10 even more enjoyable to me.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Found a new bug (well, new to me at least). Went to use the camera today and it wouldn't focus, kept flashing like it was trying but it didn't actually adjust at all, image just stayed out of focus. Reboot solved it, but slightly annoying that I had to reboot to take a photo, good job it was static and not a split second thing. Apart from that though, everything else seems ok, so far.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Looks like all VPN apps in store is not working in this build.

640LTE.

To be reinstalled you mean? I have cisco anyconnect and I can still connect on my work VPN.

EDIT: Actually 1 of 2 still connects, another work one I have is not connecting for some reason.... not sure if it's related.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

It doesn't auto-hide when you launch an app.

PF, I don't believe the Navigation bar is designed to auto hide, Swipe UP from the bottom of the screen to manual hide.

anon(9947068)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Microsoft is typically known for fixing every bug before launch.... except the one (or two) nagging bugs that you happen to have spotted that has been affecting YOUR experience. Sometimes the bug isn't fixed until 3 or 4 new versions of Windows have been released. I almost just KNOW that the bugs I've spotted in the latest build will go undetected by them. I'm such a pessimist, though. Is it just me?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't auto-hide when you launch an app.

PF, I don't believe the Navigation bar is designed to auto hide, Swipe UP from the bottom of the screen to manual hide.

"Auto-hide", if I'm not mistaken, is a per-app thing. Some apps will hide it when they specify full screen, others just use what screen is available after the nav-bar and system tray. If it isn't auto-hiding for an app, then that's about par.

I've got several games where it will auto-hide, but some apps it stays put.

------------

In other news, I had a lot of apps that were installed on my SD card no longer able to be launched. Some worked fine, others stated an update may be waiting in the store, which there wasn't one. I did a hard-reset with no restore, as I have been having some SD card issues for several builds.

Wow. That fixed a lot for me. This is a great build now, and I am also getting a new feature that I've never had on glance screen... detailed calendar descriptions on my Lumia 640 LTE. I've never gotten anything but Time, day/date, and notification badges. Now I've got calendar notifications giving me a full description of an event, the place, and times, just like on the lock screen. I know other phones have had this, but never the Lumia 640. We were told there wasn't enough screen memory to do it, but it's there now.

vishwas_prabhu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Been using a Savi720 headset all morning with BT and it is smooth as butter (both Phone Calls and Cortana). Will go to the gym later and test another headset (LG) there using the Groove app, and let you know if I have a problem (950XL, DS, US).

Phone freezes when you try to turn off Bluetooth from the notification centre. Now it is fixed :)

vishwas_prabhu

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm using L830 with latest RS build. Sometimes back button does not work. Need to hit start button to make it work.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. It appears my 950XL DS did not charge in the car charger on the way to work this morning. Will have to test further. Hopefully it's not the charging bug (phone not recognizing charger) rearing its ugly head again. That hasn't been a problem for me for many builds now.

Same. It was charging while I installed the update but as soon as it finished I kept hearing the "charging starting" sound. Leaving it plugged in it loses power. 950. The screen lights up constantly like I just plugged it in, or if it's on you can see the charge indicator on the battery icon start and stop. If the phone is off and you plug it in it does not turn on.

How was this fixed before?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

My "News for BBC" app doesn't work anymore, since the latest Redstone release.

PF Mail

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site

"Auto-hide", if I'm not mistaken, is a per-app thing. Some apps will hide it when they specify full screen, others just use what screen is available after the nav-bar and system tray. If it isn't auto-hiding for an app, then that's about par.

I've got several games where it will auto-hide, but some apps it stays put.

Yeah, it used to be an option, but now it's supposed to be "automatic," meaning doesn't work. This worked for couple apps/games 2 builds ago, and it's not working again, and this used to work great in 8.1. It's like very major release Microsoft has to change everything and reinvent the wheels again, and of course, it usually takes them a while to figure out the wheels shouldn't be square, again.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Same. It was charging while I installed the update but as soon as it finished I kept hearing the "charging starting" sound. Leaving it plugged in it loses power. 950. The screen lights up constantly like I just plugged it in, or if it's on you can see the charge indicator on the battery icon start and stop. If the phone is off and you plug it in it does not turn on.

How was this fixed before?

The problem I was having (plug in the charger and nothing would happen), I fixed by doing a simple power off without the phone plugged in. When I did that, the phone would restart by itself and then the phone would charge normally when plugged in. But that problem was fixed for me 3-4 builds ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs