W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

So I just had a strange thing happen. Had the "No Internet" wifi bug so I tried toggling wifi off and on. It wouldn't let me turn wifi back on. After trying for a few minutes, I decided to just power off the phone. First of all, it took 10 full minutes for the Goodbye screen to disappear, then the phone restarted by itself. 959XL DS.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Fast & Slow Rings)

So I just had a strange thing happen. Had the "No Internet" wifi bug so I tried toggling wifi off and on. It wouldn't let me turn wifi back on. After trying for a few minutes, I decided to just power off the phone. First of all, it took 10 full minutes for the Goodbye screen to disappear, then the phone restarted by itself. 959XL DS.

I had the looooong goodbye when the phone did a restart after downloading the FW update (I had to stop myself from doing a soft restart).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I had the looooong goodbye when the phone did a restart after downloading the FW update (I had to stop myself from doing a soft restart).

Did the new FW change your life? It did not change mine, despite the fact that DTTW works great (and I'm happily using it).

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I only have two small issues on Redstone: The first one is the alarm volume is super low; seems like it's locked and can't be adjusted as in 8.1 or Threshold. The second is that when my screen times out, it doesn't gradually dim before going out; it goes from bright to off. Minor nuance, but I was so used to the gradual dim that at first, it surprised me. I thought something was really wrong with my phone.

Rvacha

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Did you give the alarm some time? It starts really quiet and gradually ramps up to 100% - at least that's what it does on my phones

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Weird issue today, not sure if this happened after the FW update yesterday or the latest Redstone build, but my ringtone has changed from the one I set to some other ringtone (I assume one that comes on phone). I hope this is a bug rather than a feature of upgrading, a bit annoying that it's done this for no apparent reason.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Only issue (hiccup) I've experienced is that after an Outlook update, one of the seven emails accounts on my phone (the most used account) went into the perpetual spinning circles. A restart, followed by a short error message, took care of it. I will, however, be putting the 950XL with the latest FW and build through a full dress rehearsal while on a business trip: Maps, Onenote, Outlook, WiFi connect ability, Bluetooth, Cortana, Camera, Battery life, the full gamut (oh, I almost forgot...and the ability to receive phone calls";^).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Since this morning's Outlook update, I find the Calendar live tile (the medium-sized square one) does not show appointments. If I switch to the larger rectangular tile, they show up. Also, related to the same update, I think, I noticed this morning that the number of unread emails showed on my glance screen but not the email icon. Just the digit. Left feedback for both issues.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I only have two small issues on Redstone: The first one is the alarm volume is super low; seems like it's locked and can't be adjusted as in 8.1 or Threshold. The second is that when my screen times out, it doesn't gradually dim before going out; it goes from bright to off. Minor nuance, but I was so used to the gradual dim that at first, it surprised me. I thought something was really wrong with my phone.

Did you give the alarm some time? It starts really quiet and gradually ramps up to 100% - at least that's what it does on my phones

I've noticed this as well. I've had to back up my morning alarm by 2 minutes, because it takes that long to get loud enough to wake me up.

This gradual volume increase is on purpose, and has been an oft requested feature for the alarm. It causes your body to wake more naturally without startling you out of your sleep.

Test it out. Pick out a song for the alarm that will last 3 minutes. You'll find it won't reach full volume until the end of the song. Use a shorter song, it will get louder faster.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Another issue is that all my contact pictures in the "People" app have vanished... again!!! Anyone know how to get these back as I'd rather not have to re-assign photos to contacts all over again, very time consuming!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Those looooooong Goodbyes are always tough.:smile:
Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.5]

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Those looooooong Goodbyes are always tough.:smile:
Peace. Alan

That's a feature, before some people removed battery before phone finished switching off >.<

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

That's a feature. Before of that, some people removed battery before phone completed switching off :D

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

That's a feature. Before of that, some people removed battery before phone completed switching off :D

Yes, I understand. My point was that the Goodbye yesterday lasted much, much longer than any other time I had powered down the phone. It was long enough to make me worry.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Sheesh... Some people. I'd always give it a couple hours 'cause you never know what's going on in that tiny thing's brain. :winktongue:
Peace. Alan
Wait for it....

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Yes, I understand. My point was that the Goodbye yesterday lasted much, much longer than any other time I had powered down the phone. It was long enough to make me worry.
I know I've had a couple of long ones too. Indeed, you get worried and the temptation to do something just rises and rises! What to do? You watch the clock- look at the phone - the clock - the phone -the clock. Time for some Jack Black. :winktongue:
Peace. Alan
Wait for it...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

A lumia is a little notebook. Consider that. Had ever your seen your notebook closing always at the same time? ;)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

After the latest builds, shutdown does take slightly longer than before.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site

anybody get the Apps Corner 'pin to start' to work?
Its grayed out still and doesn't show on the start screen.
Even a HR doesn't fix this.
its been this way on my ICON since Kids Corner was removed.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

anybody get the Apps Corner 'pin to start' to work?
Its grayed out still and doesn't show on the start screen.
Even a HR doesn't fix this.
its been this way on my ICON since Kids Corner was removed.
Never used it before and never seen a tile on the start screen for it or stumbled over any settings for it, but...
1. Went to Settings
2. Typed App in the Search Bar and got the App Corner Settings
3. Got the App Corner Settings and selected to pin the tile to the Start Screen
4. Went back to Start Screen; the Tile is there. NOT grayed out
5. Selected it and it took me to Apps Corner setup.
6. Selected 4 apps and selected some settings
7. Pressed the on-screen (bottom) arrow to continue and the Settings tells I have to wait till the apps are installed
8. I only selected 4 small apps, but that's where the settings stay - "...wait till the apps are installed."
I gave up. Sorry PPC Freak.

Peace. Alan
Wait for it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750