W10M Insider Preview 14388/390/393 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@speccy & Mark,

Thanks for the confirmation of this 'phantom program' issue, as after reviewing various threads this is very common in the Redstone builds...
As you made mention a 'hard reset' does nothing to rectify this disturbing coding flaw...:angry:

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
And so right on schedule i.e. about a week after installing an update, the problems begin. Having lots of issues unlocking my 950 today, nothing on the screen (not even glance) though it's clicking away like something is happening in the background, the iris scanner goes on and off during this too.

It does eventually wake up, but it's not right and took many presses before I could get anywhere. I hate to say it, but this is true to form for these mobile releases, and here was I hoping that as this was pretty much the release candidate, that these kind of issues would have been squashed by now.

On top of that, when I take a photo and then want to share it via Outlook, it keeps saying that something went wrong and that the photo is unavailable and to try again later. Trying again later does actually work, but I never had this issue before.

Are you talking about what's going on behind the tiles, like all glitchy and whatnot? Mine just started today, like it's doubling my tiles in the background and when I slide over to my apps list its even worse.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the very comprehensive reply. I did try out the maps app yesterday for a car journey of about 90 mins duration, and it was fine both there and back, maybe I was just lucky, but I so hope it doesn't let me down when I'm abroad. Getting lost in ones own country is not a big deal, but getting lost in a country when you don't speak the language could be a challenge :eek:rly:

speccy, make sure to update your offline maps; and I would do this as far in advance as I could - in case you run into a snag. As far as travel in a non-English Speaking Country; I usually just follow the crowd, and do a lot of pointing:)

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about what's going on behind the tiles, like all glitchy and whatnot? Mine just started today, like it's doubling my tiles in the background and when I slide over to my apps list its even worse.

No, that's not what I'm experiencing, basically when I press the unlock button, the iris scanner comes on but the screen does not. Even worse, the iris scanner is not working properly, a lot of the time (when the screen does eventually start working), it says it's looking for me when it's right in front of my face but it can't actually see me for some reason. Once it does unlock, it seems to work normally except for the sharing of photos via Outlook as mentioned. Have done a soft reset just now and the unlock screen and iris scanner seem to be working normally again, for now.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not what I'm experiencing, basically when I press the unlock button, the iris scanner comes on but the screen does not. Even worse, the iris scanner is not working properly, a lot of the time (when the screen does eventually start working), it says it's looking for me when it's right in front of my face but it can't actually see me for some reason. Once it does unlock, it seems to work normally except for the sharing of photos via Outlook as mentioned. Have done a soft reset just now and the unlock screen and iris scanner seem to be working normally again, for now.
Got it. My little problem stopped when I got home and used my wall charger. Could've been this cheap type c I use in my work truck that may have caused it to do that or heat up.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset cured the unlock/blank-screen/iris-scanning issue... for a few days, but it's back again now. Must try harder MS, it's still not quite ready for general release yet.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I got on my 650 and works, everytime you need to activate it in Settings

Hey Maurizio, thanks...unfortunately, it is no longer an option for me:(

It does not show up in: Settings > System > Phone > Default apps > Choose apps > Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls = "No compatible apps"

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Not very helpful I realise, but this is how it shows up on my L950.

Thanks for that, speccy; but I have both the Call Recorder and Video Call dialogs Grayed OUT, whereas you only have the one: Video Call.

UPDATE:

Found the Problem: RapDialer app... Uninstalled / Re-installed; and now my Call recorder is back.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, speccy; but I have both the Call Recorder and Video Call dialogs Grayed OUT, whereas you only have the one: Video Call.

UPDATE:

Found the Problem: RapDialer app... Uninstalled / Re-installed; and now my Call recorder is back.

Well done on figuring that one out :)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm crying that they haven't released a new build. My phone is constantly rebooting/freezing. And hundreds of people in feedback app have same issue. Can't believe we will likely have to wait till tuesday. Ugh. I'm never doing insider again once they fix this.

They need an option to rollback to previous build.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Restoring / rollback... that should be a huge improvement in mobile o.s.....
Considering it needs a huge sd memory for saving previous o.s. states as desktops (Restore Points), and a completely new Mobile Restore UWP core app

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Restoring / rollback... that should be a huge improvement in mobile o.s.....
Considering it needs a huge sd memory for saving previous o.s. states as desktops (Restore Points), and a completely new Mobile Restore UWP core app
ROTFL :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.67] ...cruisin'

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone able to swipe the word "valleys" using Wordflow keyboard? No matter how careful I am, I get cake, called or gales (mostly gales). This get on my t1ts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss