Photo App settings for OneDrive

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The Photo App settings lets you choose to show either photos from all folders on OneDrive or from the Pictures folder only. The result however is the same, regardless of the setting. When I specify "Picture Folder only" and then select "Folders - OneDrive", all folders on OneDrive are shown. Anyone this?
wp_ss_20160724_0001.png

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The Photo App settings lets you choose to show either photos from all folders on OneDrive or from the Pictures folder only. The result however is the same, regardless of the setting. When I specify "Picture Folder only" and then select "Folders - OneDrive", all folders on OneDrive are shown. Anyone this?
View attachment 128798

oohh. never noticed this.

just checked and yes, my phone does the same thing.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the OneDrive options in Photos app, it does not show the folders from OneDrive (works as intended).
Latest Insider Build 14393.3, latest Photos app version.

jkelek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
the setting you are changing is for your collection view, not your folders view. if you choose 'all folders' instead of 'pictures folder only' it will show pictures from onedriveroot\* as well as onedriveroot\pictures\* - this does work properly for me when i make the change and go back to my 'collection' view.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
the setting you are changing is for your collection view, not your folders view. if you choose 'all folders' instead of 'pictures folder only' it will show pictures from onedriveroot\* as well as onedriveroot\pictures\* - this does work properly for me when i make the change and go back to my 'collection' view.
Is that in response to my reply? The setting is common across Collection view and Folders view.
As I see in my Photos app, when I disable the option to 'Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive' in the app settings, the FOLDERS (3rd pivot) shows only the folders on local storage (Phone and SD card), and it should be this way, not like the case in OP's screenshot.
If you disable the content from OneDrive, it should not show up in the photos app anywhere. If it is showing up even when setting is disabled, it is a bug. Please report it in feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05